News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for frazer

Member Name: frazer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A View From the Bridge to Broadway  Aug 1 2015, 11:54:27 PM

"And Death of a Salesman, American Buffalo, The Motherf**ker With the Hat, Bad Jews, To Kill a Mockingbird.  And High Society at the Old Vic.  "

you are joking arent you? You do realise that every one of those is a UK production. Anthony Sher in Death of a salesman from the RSC, Damien Lewis in American Buffalo? Just because they are by american writers doesn't make them broadway transfers! View from the bridge is Miller, but its a

Nirbhaya  May 16 2015, 10:34:11 AM

Thats a shame about the sight lines. I'm surprised to hear you found your mind wandering - i could see how the accounts could become uncomfortable but I found it all so intense! 

Nirbhaya  Apr 27 2015, 06:18:40 PM

Just wondering whether anyone has caught this in New York yet? Its just got a glowing review from Ben Brantley, and its running at the Lynn Redgrave theatre. I saw it at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2013 and it is absolutely the most powerful piece of theatre I've ever seen; I think maybe Yael Farber's best piece of work as a director.

Its certainly not for the faint hearted and is completely harrowing. It feels so real and honest but at the same time it is intensely theatrical

Eva Noblezada left out of Olivier nominations  Mar 10 2015, 07:43:05 AM
Urinetown getting no nominations is a massive kick in the teeth to what was, in my opinion, an exceptionally conceived, directed, designed and performed production that closed far too soon. You will be hard pressed to find a more polished and complete piece of musical theatre in the west end for a very long time.

the fact that 'sunny afternoon' and cats pick up nominations and shows like urinetown, city of angels and dirty rotten scoundrels are almost completely snubbed is testament to

If/Then Closing?  Dec 31 2014, 12:49:09 AM
On the road company tour listing - I might be wrong but, is that a new poster with a generic cartoon Elizabeth instead of one that's obviously meant to be idina?
Gavin Creel to Join  Dec 5 2014, 11:20:17 AM
he is outstanding in this. He just kills the score - his 'I believe' is mindblowing
Alan Cumming in Glasgow for the day  Sep 8 2014, 11:04:18 AM
Is it?
Doctor Zhivago  Sep 5 2014, 08:46:37 PM
funnily enough sutton, i thought he was the best part of the show!
Re:  Sep 5 2014, 04:54:46 PM
This needs way more than a new book.
It's Only A Play People!  Aug 29 2014, 05:52:11 AM
This isn't actually Rupert Grint's stage debut. He was very good in Jez Butterworth's 'Mojo' in the West End late last year.
My trip  Jul 7 2014, 03:30:40 PM
I felt she was 'doing a Sally' rather than actually engaging with the role. It felt like she was trying to do what everyone would expect her to - over the top accent, really pronounced delivery, gruff singing voice. But I struggled to understand what she was saying sometimes - it was like a jane horocks impression. And her singing was ropey. I know there is the argument that that fits the role, but you don't write a song like maybe this time and expect your actress to struggle to hit the notes
Pippin today  Jul 7 2014, 03:23:31 PM
Haterobics that makes sense - thanks. I saw the 21st matinee. Bit longer than a week!
My trip  Jul 7 2014, 01:29:17 PM
I knew if forget one! Cabaret
So glad I or to see this. Alan cumming is completely in control of this. Michelle Williams was disappointing, but that didn't take away from what is a stunning production. So well thought out. I knew exactly what was coming, but the ending still gave me chills.

My trip  Jul 7 2014, 01:19:47 PM
Just leaving New York and heading back to the UK after a pretty big theatre binge! I saw a lot - some good and some terrible. But here's what I thought!

If/Then
This is purely a vehicle for Idina. Ropey book - so many one liners wedged into the dialogue just when it threatens some sort of dramatic integrity. Also the plane crash sequence is bizarre. Inconsistent score, but some really good songs - the opening number is particularly good, along with 'always starting over' which Idina

Pippin today  Jul 7 2014, 12:46:09 PM
saw this last week when I grabbed front row rush tickets for a matinee. I went in with relatively low expectations, not loving the show. This production blew me away. stunning design and concept, followed up with brilliant performances. I believe it was one of John Rubenstein's first performances, and he was perhaps the least engaging in the cast. But the rest were excellent, particularly rachel bay jones. And that rolla bolla act blew me away! Really tight band as well, and the finale left me w
CONTEST: YOUR 2014 Tony Award Upset Predictions!  Jun 8 2014, 07:05:33 AM
Casa Valentina - best play
King KoItng to take the Broadway?  May 31 2014, 12:41:16 PM
is this still on the cards?
Then She Fell  May 31 2014, 12:37:23 PM
How far is the walk from the theatre to the subway? It's in an ok area I presume? I have a ticket to this for my trip to new york next week. Really intrigued!
King KoItng to take the Broadway?  Jan 29 2014, 05:18:10 AM
I saw this in melbourne a couple of times.
The puppet is impressive. Its not like anything thats been done before. the puppeteers, or 'kings men' as they are called, are all over the puppet, jumping off the top of it to act as counterweights etc. and the combination of puppet and projection used to bring it to life is remarkable. There is a particularly strong chase scene where kong is on stage alone with some very impressive projections that react live to the puppet's movement.

H

Standing ovations during a show  Sep 3 2013, 11:09:12 AM
there were often ovations after electricity in billy
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You