News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dolly80

Member Name: Dolly80
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 02:45:36 AM

Sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere- but is there a cast recording in the works?

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 1 2024, 02:04:08 AM

This all confirms my initial hunch- why the hell did they cast Michelle Williams? This role needs a powerhouse performer - she ain’t it. Let’s hope they recast her before this comes to the Lunt.

Riedel podcast covering SUNSET BOULEVARD with interviews including AWL, Close, LuPone, Sondheim  Apr 25 2024, 07:43:47 PM

This was perfectly enjoyable to listen to, but I learnt nothing new and his trailing “You won’t believe what Patti says next” made no sense when she says nothing that biting at all. 

it also repeats the same facts over and over again. Could have done with more Glenn. Though the fact she didn’t reach out to Patti after was disappointing. 

It still beggars belief how badly this was handled by ALW and management. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 06:12:18 AM

I’m glad that NYC critics have seen through this production. It completely mystified me how they got away with it in London. 

As one review says, Redmaynes Emcee is just a collection of outlandish costumes and nothing more. That sums up the whole production- just a collection of ideas, none of which hang together.

Sunset Blvd is in another league. There’s a vision for the whole piece that is consistent , and will killer performances. Th

Lempicka's Fashion @Opening Night  Apr 16 2024, 11:07:17 PM

This original post is the best thing I’ve ever read on here. It should be framed and on a wall at MOMA. 
A film should be made about it, then a musical starring the (sadly soon to be unemployed) cast of Lempicka

Disney Opening a new show at the New Amsterdam this September?  Apr 12 2024, 01:49:46 PM

That Beauty revival is dreadful and not worthy of Broadway. Especially at this glorious theater.

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD  Apr 12 2024, 02:58:44 AM

TBFL said: "TaffyDavenport said: "The "split screen" of "This Time Next Year" is one of the best pieces of staging I've ever seen, if not the best."

The Jamie Lloyd production heading to NYC has a nice little homage to that staging. When they light the scene, the light only goes up to about the height That the house raised to in the original. Not sure if it was intentional, seems too similar for it not to be.

As great a

Disney Opening a new show at the New Amsterdam this September?  Apr 12 2024, 02:46:08 AM

Calm down everyone. You’ve got it all wrong.

the Disney theatrical office is at the New Amsterdam. Above the theatre. This is advertising a job based working at the OFFICE there. Aladdin ain’t closing anytime soon, sadly.

Also the plan is for Hercules to open In London at the end of the year, not Broadway.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 1 2024, 01:20:38 AM

Some really dumb comments on here.

As in london. The stage for this is NOT where the August Wilson stage is. It’s further forward and over the orchestra pit so they can have the lift in the centre of the stage.

Eddie Redmayne will only win the Tony if every other male performance is terrible this season. He isn’t good in this. But people will think he is because every time he comes on he is in some striking costume , that makes no sense. The whole production is style

Sheridan Smith Staring in new Rufus Wainwright/Ivo Van Hove Musical OPENING NIGHT in London  Mar 27 2024, 04:27:46 AM

It’s truly the worst show I’ve ever seen. Even worse than Bad Cinderella.

What’s the importance of the lift and turntable in hadestown?  Mar 27 2024, 04:27:00 AM

You really have a friend questioning the ‘importance’ of people going down on a lift- in a show where they are going to hell? 
Tell them to get out more.

is anything important? 
These are the choices they made.

Merrily Attendance - Spring 2024  Mar 26 2024, 02:30:53 PM

Love how they frame this like it’s really exciting to get the chance to see the understudies. Bet audiences will be delighted the stars are off.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season  Mar 22 2024, 09:37:08 AM

Next years Tony’s are going to be way more exciting than this year.

i wouldn’t be able to choose between Brayben and Scherzinger for Best actress.

Who knows- maybe Death Becomes Her will give some stiff competition too.

SWEENEY TODD To Close On May 5, 2024  Mar 12 2024, 04:33:06 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Now official. This was one of the best revivals I have ever seen.
It has recouped its $13 million capitalizationand will launch a national tour next spring.

I’m hearing the Lunt will host a limited run of something (Alan Cumming?) in the fall beforeDeath Becomes Hermoves in spring 2025.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/SWEENEY-TODD-Revival-Sets-Broadway-Closing-Date-20240312
"

Wow you must have seen some shocking revivals in your time if this was one of the best.

Tammy Faye at the Palace  Mar 7 2024, 06:47:55 PM

Not sure if this has been mentioned here- but this will open at The Palace.

Cannot wait! It was fabulous in London.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Mar 4 2024, 05:20:18 PM

RW3 said: "Dolly80 said: "She was dreadful in Aida. Not impressed by this casting at all.

When did you see her in Aida, 2003 or 2016?

Also, Williams is from the Chicago area.

"

clearly everyone else they asked said no.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Mar 4 2024, 11:16:13 AM

She was dreadful in Aida. Not impressed by this casting at all.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'  Feb 26 2024, 05:15:32 PM

I hate the title of this thread. Can it be changed to proper English?

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Feb 26 2024, 05:14:37 PM

It looks like they’ve spent zero dollars on the set. 
where exactly has the huge capitalisation all gone?

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?  Feb 25 2024, 10:19:15 AM

Kad said: "Yes, Audra McDonald was going to do Gypsy, but then heard about another actress who would be doing something else that season, and Audra said, “Oh no, I won’t win the Tony. Shut it down.” That is a normal, realistic thing to have happened."

Yes- Hello Nicole Scherzinger.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You