News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dolly80

Member Name: Dolly80
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Did Jessie Mueller deserve the Tony?
 Jul 4 2024, 03:41:13 PM

The original post is so freaking dumb. Cant believe anyones actually dignified it with a proper response.

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Jun 20 2024, 03:14:48 PM

OhHiii said: "quizking101 said: "Who do I have to make nasty with for them to stop recycling Christians and get some new ones?

Aaron is the best of the pretty white boy brigade they have going, but good lord, are they just not even trying to find new faces?
"

Moulin Rouge’s sales have historically lagged over the summer. This is a distinct effort to counteract that. It’s not a cheap show to run with a break even probably north of $1

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 06:17:44 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Cabaret winning set was definitely for the theatre renovation. The whole idea of this production is that it’s immersive and its cabaret at the Kit Kat klub even tho it’s not really a set"

Thanks for explaining this really complicated aspect.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:59:12 PM

OhHiii said: "I appreciate that Nicole is doing things to involve herself within the community ahead of her performance next season."

Nah. This is the start of her own Tonys campaign.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 16 2024, 10:11:55 PM

You’d have thought that would have been sorted out before.. ya know.. announcing him being in the show.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:46:17 PM

Robbie2 said: "Bette's Turban said: "That woman pulling her dressdown in the audience"

Sonia Friedman

"

Wait, what happened? I missed it!

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jun 13 2024, 09:04:18 AM

Producers really just want to throw their money down a drain don’t they?

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 30 2024, 03:00:08 AM

I cannot wait to see this- but I agree that she certainly isn’t a lock for the Tony. I’m sure she’ll be great, but vocally this role isn’t a natural fit for her.
Nicole S will really be the big story on Broadway ant the end of the year, and I predict she will walk away with that award quite comfortably.

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 May 30 2024, 02:38:10 AM

Listener said: "It's a shame she isn't tearing into this a bit more. It's likely her last theatrical hurrah. Why not show people you've grown as an actress?"

Because she hasn’t? 

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 20 2024, 02:09:02 AM

Those speeches are embarrassing, and Matt Gould needs to stop getting hold of a microphone and cursing and ranting at people. 
Maybe the show should just have been better. Maybe he should focus on that and his part in it. 

Sinatra the Musical Beginning September 23 UK's Birmingham Theatre
 May 18 2024, 03:00:22 PM

It was terrible in the UK. Sorry Broadway.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 12 2024, 03:02:50 AM

BalconyClub said: "It’s likely justimaginarycoincidences, but I like thebrief nods to other Broadway tales.

The opening stanzas of the waltz entering Viola’s ball may pay tribute to West Side Story’sDANCE AT THE GYM.

Are the “I can’t” and “you cans” ahead ofLET’S RUN AWAY TOGETHERmirroring Annie Get Your Gun’s ANYTHING YOU CAN DO I CAN DO BETTER?

When Helen and Madeline belt ALIVE FOREVER, I

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York
 May 8 2024, 02:58:37 PM

The bigger problem is that it’s a pile of unfunny crap. The fact that this would cost $14 million in NYC should send alarm bells ringing.

LEMPICKA closing May 19
 May 3 2024, 02:45:36 AM

Sorry if I’ve missed this somewhere- but is there a cast recording in the works?

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 1 2024, 02:04:08 AM

This all confirms my initial hunch- why the hell did they cast Michelle Williams? This role needs a powerhouse performer - she ain’t it. Let’s hope they recast her before this comes to the Lunt.

Riedel podcast covering SUNSET BOULEVARD with interviews including AWL, Close, LuPone, Sondheim
 Apr 25 2024, 07:43:47 PM

This was perfectly enjoyable to listen to, but I learnt nothing new and his trailing “You won’t believe what Patti says next” made no sense when she says nothing that biting at all. 

it also repeats the same facts over and over again. Could have done with more Glenn. Though the fact she didn’t reach out to Patti after was disappointing. 

It still beggars belief how badly this was handled by ALW and management. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 06:12:18 AM

I’m glad that NYC critics have seen through this production. It completely mystified me how they got away with it in London. 

As one review says, Redmaynes Emcee is just a collection of outlandish costumes and nothing more. That sums up the whole production- just a collection of ideas, none of which hang together.

Sunset Blvd is in another league. There’s a vision for the whole piece that is consistent , and will killer performances. Th

Lempicka's Fashion @Opening Night
 Apr 16 2024, 11:07:17 PM

This original post is the best thing I’ve ever read on here. It should be framed and on a wall at MOMA. 
A film should be made about it, then a musical starring the (sadly soon to be unemployed) cast of Lempicka

Disney Opening a new show at the New Amsterdam this September?
 Apr 12 2024, 01:49:46 PM

That Beauty revival is dreadful and not worthy of Broadway. Especially at this glorious theater.

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Apr 12 2024, 02:58:44 AM

TBFL said: "TaffyDavenport said: "The "split screen" of "This Time Next Year" is one of the best pieces of staging I've ever seen, if not the best."

The Jamie Lloyd production heading to NYC has a nice little homage to that staging. When they light the scene, the light only goes up to about the height That the house raised to in the original. Not sure if it was intentional, seems too similar for it not to be.

As great a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You