News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for North2009

North2009 Profile Photo
Member Name: North2009
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Where will theatre reopen in the country first?  Jun 17 2020, 12:01:22 PM
With theatres reopening, am curious to know what, if any, actions will be taken by AEA, if an AEA theatre reopens using non-union talent.
New Broadway Book:  Jun 2 2020, 09:20:29 AM
That price.
Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 26 2020, 05:43:12 PM
PAPER MOON with Christine Ebersole and Gregory Harrison.
BUSKER ALLEY with Tommy Tune.

Wasn’t there a proposed follow up to 42nd STREET using material from other Warner Brothers properties?

What should the next Encores! musical be?  Apr 30 2018, 05:07:33 PM
Well if revivals of these shows are not on for the near future then I suggest:

OF THEE I SING
CITY ON ANGELS
KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN
THE BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS
LOVE LIFE (1949) - Kurt Weil + Alan Jay Lerner

Which Other Musicals Should Lincoln Center/Bart Sher Revive?  Mar 17 2018, 02:32:33 PM
Lady in the Dark
Of Thee I Sing
Pal Joey

Current/Recent Workshops/Labs  Mar 12 2018, 12:00:52 AM
If I can find them, yes.
Current/Recent Workshops/Labs  Mar 11 2018, 10:31:18 PM
There were photos on Instagram. Each show looked pretty legit. Script in 3-ring binder, photo taken in rehearsal halls.
They do sound bogus but they seem to be real.

Current/Recent Workshops/Labs  Mar 11 2018, 12:59:47 PM
In lieu of doing laundry, I started looking around social media and noticed a few current/recent workshops/labs taking place as of late.
Any one know anything about these three or any others that are currently in development?

SPACE JAM The Musical directed by Jerry Mitchell

THE CHEETAH GIRLS The Musical directed by Raven Simone

STILL THE ONE A Shania Twain Story

HOLIDAY INN  Oct 12 2014, 02:32:19 PM
Any one happen to know which songs are being used in the Goodspeed's HOLIDAY INN?
Hairspray changes: Pre Broadway - Broadway  Apr 7 2013, 05:39:34 PM
Thank you for the information. Interesting stuff.
CINDERELLA Previews Thread.  Jan 29 2013, 10:14:05 AM
Wondering if anyone knows where the additional songs came from? Recognize a few, but am curious as to their origins. Trunk songs? Cut songs? Much appreciated
Additional songs in CINDERELLA  Dec 5 2012, 11:25:07 AM
May have missed this one, but what are the four trunk songs added to the score for CINDERELLA?
IPad apps  Sep 30 2012, 10:40:42 PM
Just purchased iPad 3 - wondering if anyone can recommend any apps. Looking for a good recording app (for recording music during voice coaching, rehearsals, etc.), vocal warm-up app and/or voice lesson, and then any guilty pleasure apps you may enjoy. Much thanks.
Re: Here's Love  Sep 6 2012, 08:29:57 AM
From what I can gather after only 1 cup of coffee is that there are two versions floating around out there and if you have the knowledge you also have a choice. Version one is the original version as seen on broadway, version two is a major rewrite produced by the Goodspeed Opera House (opening number cut, ballets cut, a few numbers cut and show reset to year of film). When I get a copy of the revised version I will send on info.
Re: Here's Love  Sep 6 2012, 07:34:08 AM
Any changes to libretto or score?
Have you ever been at a show where someone had to leave mid-show?  Aug 22 2012, 09:37:08 PM
The Tommy Tune BYE BYE BIRDIE tour in the early 90's: Rosie (Leonora Nemetz at that time - Reinking had left the tour by that time - hurt her ankle during the Shriner's Ballet and then finished the book scene being carried off by a chorus guy. She did not finish the show, her understudy was the actor playing Mrs. MacAfee then went on for rest of show.
One song/one scene characters that steal the show  Jul 3 2012, 01:48:42 PM
The Governor in BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE.
New Pal Joey  Jul 3 2012, 09:20:10 AM
Oddly it is one of the most rewritten shows out there. And I have to agree that no one seems to trust the original libretto and the key is in the casting.
I did a production of it once where the director (SIGH) reset the show in the 1920's, used huge chunks of the screenplay, reassigned songs and generally made a huge mess of the entire thing - complete with the miscasting of Joey and Vera.

ROMAN HOLIDAY on Broadway?  Jun 27 2012, 09:31:02 AM
Am seeing it on 3 July - will then post song list.
ROMAN HOLIDAY on Broadway?  Jun 15 2012, 01:35:39 PM
This is from the Minneapolis newspaper today:

...Blake always has hoped to get "Roman Holiday" into New York. He feels the work he and Miller-Stephany have done gets him much closer to that goal. He said there is interest and financing, but he wants to find the right medium-sized Broadway house.

"We have every intention of moving into New York," Blake said. "I've talked to [Broadway powers] the Nederlanders; they're interested in it. I think Jimmy [Nederlander] Junior is co

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You