News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tcamp1

tcamp1 Profile Photo
Member Name: tcamp1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Motherstruck  Jan 11 2016, 12:25:09 PM

You can use the code STREETSTRUCK2015 for 25% of ALL tickets, which can be purchased here: https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pr/947252

Motherstruck  Jan 11 2016, 11:46:03 AM

Follow Culture Project and MotherStruck! on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to be the first to know about deals and promotions! You can also sign up for Culture Project's online newsletter! More information, including a listing of post-show discussions (such as Rosie O'Donnell and Cynthia Nixon this Wednesday the 13th) can be found at www.cultureproject.org or at www.motherstruck.com.

Broadway to West End mystery  May 13 2013, 02:20:50 PM
Thoughts on what show it could be??

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2013/05/13/secret-theatre-show/

Rigoletto at the Met  Feb 17 2013, 04:32:35 PM
The audience in my cinema theatre chuckled every time Renee asked a singer something to the extent of "How has setting it in the 60's changed your take on the story?" and everyone answered "It hasn't." So, I guess the time and place may be arbitrary after all.
Yes, the production team truly has their own style. I loved what Susan Hilferty said after how she "eliminated" women-by giving them the bird masks and such, since they were just there to be objectified. I wish Kevin Adams was there be

Rigoletto at the Met  Feb 16 2013, 07:49:46 PM
Tonight (in London!) I saw the "Live from the Met in HD: Verdi's 'Rigoletto' directed by Michael Mayer", with his usual production team. At first when I heard it was being set in 1960's Las Vegas, I was skeptical, but I was very impressed with the show as a whole! With a huge cast (where only the principles took bows-is this common in opera?), a brilliant set full of neon and color, and the world's best singers, I thought the opera was a hit. That being said, I will be the first to admit I am no
To be or not to be...I have a question  Jan 30 2013, 06:27:03 PM
Thank you, everyone for your thought-out and researched responses! They are all a big help to me as a theatre major, and thespian in general!
To be or not to be...I have a question  Jan 28 2013, 07:34:43 PM
Thank you for that detailed response! It sounds like all interpretations are along the same line, but yes, who knows what the right answer is/if there is an answer at all sometimes!!
To be or not to be...I have a question  Jan 28 2013, 07:16:26 PM
So I was taught in AP English in high school that Hamlet's speech is about if he should kill himself.

Last week in one of my modules (I'm studying in London for the semester), a trained Shakespearean actor came to talk. He asked what the speech was about and when I answered, he pointed at me and told me I was wrong (in front of the whoe class, mind you). He said the speech is actually about if he should kill Claudius, which woud get him killed in the process.

What does everyone

Les Miz sing along version?  Jan 21 2013, 05:25:38 AM
If this were to happen, I'd expect it to play out like the "Will and Grace" episode where they go to "The sound of Music" sing a long: full costumes, quirky puns, etc. Go big or go home.
The Cast of Anything Goes 'What Makes You Beautiful' Music Video  Jul 7 2012, 11:59:58 PM
LOVE IT!! So clever!!
London internship help  Jun 26 2012, 07:47:08 AM
Thank you both! :)
London internship help  May 24 2012, 10:38:24 PM
Hi!
I'm an undergraduate theatre major and I hope to study abroad in London the spring semester of 2013. I'm interested in part time study/part time (or full-time) internship.
Does anyone know of any good companies/schools that offer this? I know internships, especially in London, are hard to come by and I was wondering where I should turn. I've been doing some research and would love all the help I can get.
Thank you!! :)

Open Jar Institute  Feb 27 2012, 10:58:35 PM
Jeff Whiting came to my high school to do a number of master classes/workshops over the years. He is very enthusiatic and sweet, not to mention a very impressive resume. A few of my peers got accepted and did the program and loved it.
I like the story of how the name came to be as well!

re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?  Dec 25 2011, 09:59:24 PM
I'll sound like a broken record with all the other posts, but the majority of the Spring Awakening cast were so patient and kind, especially Jonathan.
This goes for The Normal Heart cast as well, especially Joe Mantello.
The cast of the Ragtime revival were really sweet, and as were the entire Book of Mormon cast.

In the Heights tour walk-out  Oct 31 2011, 12:26:43 PM
So, last week my roomate's parents saw the national tour of 'In the Heights.' She told me today that they walked out before Act II because they weren't expecting there to be rapping, and they couldn't understand what was going on, so they figured there wsas no use staying.
I couldn't believe this! I saw it on Broadway and while I'm not a Spanish speaker by any means, I never had a problem following the show.
What are your thoughts? Is this a common occurrence?

La Cage tour  Oct 20 2011, 04:00:09 PM
Now that I know the tour has started, I'll ask the question again, haha. Is the tour worth seeing? Thanks!
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying?  Oct 20 2011, 03:56:19 PM
You only have just over 2 more months to see him because he's done at the end of the year, so you'd better buy those tickets now!!
La Cage tour  Sep 15 2011, 06:52:37 PM
Has anyone seen the touring production of La Cage with George Hamilton and Christopher Sieber? It's coming to my town and I was wondering if it is worth seeing?

Thanks!!

re: Side by Side by Susan Blackwell  Sep 15 2011, 06:50:34 PM
I love how the Lea Michele the goat and Lea Michele the actress are both huge divas.
Susan slept in his house overnight; she has the best job in the world!

Favorite Entrances?  Aug 25 2011, 12:29:46 AM
Daniel Radcliffe in H2$!! :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You