News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Aurelia2

Member Name: Aurelia2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

La Revolution Francaise
 Jul 10 2011, 11:13:43 AM
Why don't they translate and license it? It has so much value, not only as Boublil and Schonberg's first show, but as a brilliantly passionate score. It's campy and beautiful all at the same time. I think it's strange that so few people I talk to have even heard of it.
The Producers didn't work without Matthew and Nathan.
 Jul 10 2011, 11:05:21 AM
Are there Producers fans who had not been exposed to Mel Brooks movies? I had very little experience with his style before I saw the show and I didn't get it. I have since grown to like a couple of Mel Brooks movies but I'm still bored by The Producers musical.
Besides Hugh Jackman and Paul Bettany who else would you cast in Les Mis the movie?
 Jul 10 2011, 10:51:48 AM
I think LES MIZ is the star. It has been around long enough that even people who have no exposure to theatre have probably heard about this one- at least from Family Guy (which reminds me- why not Kirk Cameron as Jean Valjean). Stars could really take us out of the story. I would cast the best of the best from the stage. It's a sung-through musical so the voices have to be amazing!! That's partly why I'm not a fan of the Phantom movie. 2 hours of singing by people who don't sing doesn't mak
PROTEST THE MAGDALENE
 Jul 8 2011, 05:27:17 PM
LegallyBroadway2, I have a feeling we're going to meet and fall in love someday. I joined because I wanted to show my support for new musicals and especially for Magdalene after seeing it. Don't hate.
The Little Mermaid at THE MUNY
 Jul 8 2011, 01:10:59 PM
That said, maybe the show doesn't lend itself to the style that I'm thinking of. For some reason, the show is cartoonier than the cartoon. I think it was a mistake to flesh out the supporting characters by giving them whole songs of their own because the thrust of the story was lost in the muddle. If Ariel had been given another obstacle of some kind they could have fleshed out the main story instead of losing it to the cutesy characters.
The Little Mermaid at THE MUNY
 Jul 8 2011, 01:03:53 PM
Isn't it kind of baffling that no production of this looks breathtakingly beautiful considering the environment of the show and the amazing source? Somebody's gotta have the imagination to make it amazing!
PROTEST THE MAGDALENE
 Jul 8 2011, 12:50:42 PM
Alright, truce, newintown. All I'm trying to say is that I'm probably the only person here who actually saw the show and I liked it.
PROTEST THE MAGDALENE
 Jul 8 2011, 12:29:24 PM
Wow, newintown, just wow.
PROTEST THE MAGDALENE
 Jul 8 2011, 12:28:20 PM
No, I was responding to newintown's suggestion that only a shill would say anything good about the Magdalene. I love to support new musicals and this is one I am really getting behind.
PROTEST THE MAGDALENE
 Jul 8 2011, 12:20:50 PM
Now wait a minute, newintown, I've seen the show twice and I have no connection to it at all. Why do you think you have to be involved with the show to like it?
9 to 5 Tour plus upcoming tours of other shows...
 Jul 8 2011, 11:01:43 AM
I'm surprised! I would have thought 9-5 would be successful cross country. Guess they all decided to rent the movie.
CAROLINE, OR CHANGE revival starring Oprah
 Jul 8 2011, 10:58:01 AM
I want to see Heather Headley in 10 years play Caroline.
PROTEST THE MAGDALENE
 Jul 8 2011, 10:56:13 AM
I've seen Magdalene and I've debated with kphelps317 before. He'll shut up eventually.
LesMis Tour Cast change
 Jul 8 2011, 10:37:37 AM
As long as Chasten Harmon is still Eponine, I'm happy.
MJ wanted to play the Phantom
 Jul 3 2011, 05:03:01 AM
I just saw Phantom (again) last week on Broadway. I was really sad at how tired it is. It's not the show, not the sets, not the costumes. It's the actors and the terribly quiet sound design. Why are the actors so over it? It's not like they've been with the show since the beginning- so where is the energy? I was bored to tears by the performances. Michael Jackson would at least have given it his all!
Aladdin question...
 Jul 3 2011, 04:56:34 AM
What I've heard from this show is disappointing. Why are the Disney animated movies often more mature than their staged versions? Where is Howard Ashman when you need him? Don't answer that- I know- and it's a huge loss for musical theatre.
Update on Houdini Musical
 Jul 3 2011, 04:54:12 AM
I have been waiting as fast as I can for this show!! Whatever gets Danny Elfman on the Broadway scene is fine by me. Can we please follow it up with a staged Nightmare Before Christmas? If we're going to be making movies into musicals, why not one of the most imaginative musical movies ever??
Magdalene- NOT anti-Jewish... anti-CHRISTIAN!!!
 Jul 3 2011, 04:50:31 AM
Borstalboy, I think a new musical opening in NYC is worthy of mention and I wonder why you don't agree. I've seen The Magdalene and enjoyed it- I don't know why that's so hard to believe. I have no involvement or connection to the show and in response to "tepid" reviews, I googled the reviews and "musical urges risk taking" is what comes up and it's pretty much a rave. So why reject the possibility that it might actually be noteworthy on this message board? Is it the next Book of Mormon? Pr
Magdalene- NOT anti-Jewish... anti-CHRISTIAN!!!
 Jul 3 2011, 04:50:12 AM
Borstalboy, I think a new musical opening in NYC is worthy of mention and I wonder why you don't agree. I've seen The Magdalene and enjoyed it- I don't know why that's so hard to believe. I have no involvement or connection to the show and in response to "tepid" reviews, I googled the reviews and "musical urges risk taking" is what comes up and it's pretty much a rave. So why reject the possibility that it might actually be noteworthy on this message board? Is it the next Book of Mormon? Pr
The Magdalene Rush?
 Jul 2 2011, 11:10:14 AM
Oh, dramamama, I didn't mean to make it sound like there's no hope! You're absolutely right! Things have been getting better and better than they have been over the last 10 years for new musicals and I love you for seeing them! But how many of the new musicals were dramatic and how many were comedies? I stand by my opinion that there is not enough variety on Broadway. There's got to be another Light in the Piazza out there somewhere! Or maybe we are culturally still in a post-9/11 escapism
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You