News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CJ N2N

CJ N2N Profile Photo
Member Name: CJ N2N
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New  Sep 28 2013, 11:33:05 AM
Those look frighteningly similar to her selfies she posts on twitter...
Best Song Written for the Theatre in a Decade?  Sep 3 2013, 07:47:18 AM
What about A Fine, Fine Line or I Wish I Could Go Back To College? The harmonies in the latter are absolutely beautiful.

There's also so much from Next To Normal. So Anyway, Maybe, How Could I Ever Forget?, I Am The One....

The Glass Menagerie  Aug 30 2013, 12:02:09 AM
Random, pretty stupid question: Would Tom be considered an unreliable narrator because it is a "memory play" and therefore "it omits some details"? I googled it and found nothing, and it's been two or so years since I've read and studied the play.

Stupid question aside, I'm extremely excited for this revival. The movement sounds interesting, and I love when stuff like that is added.

Les Mis Voted Greatest Musical, Wicked 2nd, Phantom 3rd  Aug 27 2013, 10:39:23 AM
Wow. It looks like they just chose any musical they had ever heard of and just shoved it into a random order. I mean, I love all the musicals in the top ten (minus Ghost) but... RENT is in front of Sound of Music? Wicked is in front of Sweeney Todd?!?!?!

I mean, WHAT?

.  Aug 26 2013, 09:32:46 PM
"Unpassionate lyres" must make horrible music....

I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY, I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF.

Broadway Legend Julie Harris has died ...  Aug 24 2013, 10:48:46 PM
Wow, I never made the connection that that was her in The Haunting. One of (if not THE) the finest performances in a horror ever.

Rest in peace, Ms. Harris.

Carrie 1988 Souvenir Program  Aug 10 2013, 11:55:17 AM
I've never seen one for sale, but there are plenty of scans of it all over the internet.
No No  Aug 9 2013, 10:32:41 AM
Tim Burton will NEVER allow an Edward Scissorhands musical! If he said he will never greenlight a sequel or a remake (as it is his most personal film and he doesn't want to ruin the purity of it), I highly doubt he would ever greenlight or help produce a musicalized version.

Although to be honest, it could be pretty amazing.

What's the musical that you have the biggest personal connection to?  Jul 26 2013, 01:03:17 AM
What are some musicals that can really just hit you where it hurts and stir your emotions like nothing else? Those ones that you can burst into tears listening to because you know exactly what they're talking about. Or those ones that just have such a special place in your heart because of your own reasons?

My top one is definitely Next to Normal. My sister deals with depression and my other sister and I both struggle with anxiety issues and seeing and hearing these issues being sung ab

Songs with a cool key change, break down section and or half time feel.  Jul 23 2013, 01:43:06 PM
The key change in the middle of Rainbow High from Evita is amazing. Especially if the singer builds up enough tension with the line ("I'm theirrrrrrrrrrrrr- SAVIOR").

I'm not sure if this counts as a breakdown, but that last verse/section of "You Can Be As Loud As the Hell You Want" from Avenue Q always gives me chills when Christmas Eve belts that one high note.

Really?  Jul 17 2013, 03:24:55 PM
hittingC6swhilemyeyeslooklikethey'reabouttopopout.tumblr.com
Avenue Q - Gary Coleman alternative  Jun 24 2013, 11:00:40 PM
Chewy, I think those lines were cut from the show a while ago to make the characters seem less "cutthroat" if I remember the article I read correctly. It's totally ridiculous and those were some of the funniest lines in the show....

I think that happened at least, I'm not sure.

If I remember the.... "video" (*wink wink*) I watched correctly, it's replaced with underscoring as Gary Coleman and Christmas Eve walk out of their buildings, hand them money, and then are overtak

Webber's Best Score?  Jun 24 2013, 10:09:30 AM
I haven't listened to all his scores but out of the ones I have, I'll jump on the Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar wagon. Phantom was my favorite for a while (it got me into theater in the first place) and I still think it's very beautiful (the refrain in the overture and title song gives me chills every time, even if it is stolen from Pink Floyd) just not as wonderful as those two. They're both two amazing musical theater scores with a rock twist. Both Che and Judas are two of my ultimate dream
Avenue Q - Gary Coleman alternative  Jun 24 2013, 10:04:32 AM
Oh! Well I can definitely see where you would think that. I would be lying if I said I didn't think some of the show was cheap gimmicks.

Needless fun fact about my life: I'm auditioning for a production of Avenue Q tonight at my summer theater.

Avenue Q - Gary Coleman alternative  Jun 23 2013, 09:47:23 AM
I think it could work with any child star who had a downward spiral (and don't they all seem to nowadays?) or fell into obscurity, etc., etc.

I always saw the character as sort of a symbol for "loss of innocence" for lack of a better term. He was a person who had an ideal life as a child, but when he grew up he lost it all. It shows that you can't be a kid forever and you're going to have to deal with legitimate problems. It's like waking up after adolescence and realizing that parents

Favorite/least favorite changes and cuts to shows  Jun 22 2013, 09:38:25 AM
Not sure if this counts but the fact that they cut the Heaven septet and completely removed every bit of the "God Has Seen Your Sinning..." theme from "The Destruction" in the revisal of Carrie is just weird. They were both powerful parts (well, the septet was pretty damn good in my opinion), and it just made sense to have that theme repeated while she kills everyone!
Favorite/least favorite changes and cuts to shows  Jun 21 2013, 03:06:38 PM
I still hate how they cut the trio during the Wandering Child scene in PHANTOM.
BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions  Jun 14 2013, 03:59:30 PM
Spring Awakening is the most accurate portrayal of being a teenager I've seen (well, based on, shall we say, "videos" I've seen).

I haven't been able to get completely through any Jekyll and Hyde CD I've ever had.

I love the new songs in Carrie but I think the orchestrations are god awful and think it deserves a larger orchestra like it did in the 80s.

There should be a You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown revival off-Broadway running constantly (a la The Fantasticks).
Thrilling theatre moments/twists  Jun 6 2013, 10:09:38 PM
I was lucky enough to see a local colleges' production of Neil LaBute's The Shape Of Things in March. The final two scenes when (spoiler!) it was revealed that all he was was her thesis was shocking, chilling and heartbreaking. Especially since the actors actually sat in the audience and you could hear Adam's weeping. Also, the final moment of Adam sitting in front of a screen, replaying 30 seconds of Evelyn whispering in his ear as he silently breaks into tears for the one girl he ever gave his
Why didn't Leonardo DiCaprio win a Tony for Revolutionary Road?  May 17 2013, 05:09:00 PM
IagosUncle is quite a fitting name for ChiChi.

"I am not what I am"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You