News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for UsedToBeTheKing

UsedToBeTheKing Profile Photo
Member Name: UsedToBeTheKing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why do I have to let a bunch of apps access my info to enter a lottery?  Aug 30 2023, 01:58:17 PM

The Broadway lotteries use social media authentication so they don't have to store and maintain user information (emails, usernames, passwords). It's easier and more secure for developers to use an integration with a social media site like Facebook/Linkedin/Twitter than to have to deal with properly sending/receiving/storing passwords. This comes with the added bonus of being able to push "Share your entry on Facebook/Twitter" incentives to users to serve as advertisement fo

TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches  Mar 4 2020, 09:59:36 AM

Gotta echo the sentiments here that most of my cell phone horror stories come from adults. Last December, a man in front of me was wrapping up a business call during the Beetlejuice overture (no idea how he could hear over the music). As inconvenient as this is, at least the pouches can give the people convinced they are the CEO of Amazon/Google/Facebook a night off from compulsively checking work emails, and prevent the show from being ruined for the rest of us.

I just hope they

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice  Feb 25 2020, 11:26:50 PM

Didn't see this week's schedule posted so: 

• 2/25 - 2/27: Dana Steingold
  • 2/28 - 3/1: Presley Ryan

Went tonight hoping to see Dana (and with a very delusional part of my brain hoping to see the Lydia replacement appear on stage with no announcement whatsoever) (I kid, I kid). I was not disappointed; she was amazing! The show was great, as per usual. It was kid's night, so the crowd was rowdy (though mostly from adults in my section either glued to

Beetlejuice News?  Feb 4 2020, 02:29:04 PM

I guess it's too early to try star casting to recoup the cost of a move? (Just kidding, I wouldn't want to see any of this cast touched, except to see Danny Pudi take over Adam for a while. He looks to be available right now scheduling-wise, and I don't think the role is any more vocally challenging than when he was first in the show, but I'm guessing that we're too early in David's contract to even consider it.)

Will Little Shop of Horrors extend further?  Jan 30 2020, 10:42:49 PM

In the future, there is already a Little Shop lotto thread with plenty of details on how it operates and months of people reporting their crowd/luck findings.

OMG U Guyz said: "Yes it was not easy when Groff was still in - they’re only 10 tickets and people are allowed up to two. It’s also badly managed - the box office told me one thing and the person running the lottery told me the exact opposite. She also had an attitude which after waiting in the sleet for a while for the lottery it was not appreciated."

I'm sorry you had a bad time at the lotto, but in my experience (8 times visiting) it's managed well, and the woman who runs it is very nice (enthusiastic, recognizes regulars, ect.). You should consider returning if you haven't seen the show yet. 

Lotto tickets numbers can range anywhere from 8-14 (14 last night). Seems like there are more available since Groff's departure, and less people coming (around ~20 on a work night), so very good odds. They also do lotto loser pricing at certain shows, but I don't know how much that is. 

Little Shop of Horrors Lottery  Jan 29 2020, 10:20:09 PM

18 people there tonight (Wed, 1/29) and 14 tickets available. The group was so small they didn't even put the barricade up like they normally do. All ticket winners were row G, right side.

No cancel line today cause the show wasn't sold out, but there were discounted tickets at lotto loser pricing. I didn't catch how much those go for. There's also a $69 flash sale from now until tomorrow, 1/30 at 9PM

The show was amazing, by the way, and Gideon Glick was fantastic as Seymour. My first time winning, and eighth time attending lotto! As other people have mentioned: if you go alone put yourself down for two tickets and try to pair up with other single people. It really increases your chances of winning, and you can end up making someone's night! Good luck!

Worst Broadway Show of the Decade?  Dec 26 2019, 03:21:00 PM

No TOOTSIE? That's the worst of the shows I personally got to see (though maybe not fair to call it "worst of the decade", I know I'm probably in the minority). I heard justifications for the book, but I thought the book was worse than the music. The changes they made from screen to stage made absolutely no sense! They took a screenplay that is taught in screenwriting classes and touted as a shining example of storytelling and removed most of the aspects that

Alex Brightman Bootleg Tweets  Dec 25 2019, 04:41:09 PM

Totally agree on theatre being more accessible than people make it out to be. I think people often include their own air fare and hotel stay when claiming Broadway tickets are "too expensive." Most shows offer ticket lotteries every single night for less than $50. A show like BEETLEJUICE has advance partial view orchestra seats for about $73 (including fees). Saying tickets should be less for some kind of moral or ethical reason is like saying no one working on the show de

Despite Turnaround, ‘Beetlejuice’ Being Forced Out of Theater  Dec 9 2019, 06:19:00 PM

Disappointing, but expected. Upsetting how much the negative (and sometimes downright scathing) reviews likely had on those initial ticket sales, given that the final show improved immensely compared to previews. It may be an assault on the senses, but that's better than a snooze-fest in my book. Shame they might not even get the chance to recoup. Hopefully the tour will be a success bolstered by the show's large high school demographic. Bought my tickets for closi

Mean Girls Rush/Lottery  Nov 23 2019, 11:04:46 PM

chuckydisc said: "Which seat number(s)?
"

Can't find my ticket, but I believe it was row A seats 8-9.

Favorite Flop?  Nov 21 2019, 11:47:18 PM

I love the proshot of Victor/Victoria. Part nostalgic feelings from watching it every day after school for a month in high school, and part appreciation for the cast. It was around a lot longer than most of these shows, but with less than 50% recoupment, terrible reviews, and the myriad of production issues I think it's fair to call it a flop.

Mean Girls Rush/Lottery  Nov 21 2019, 05:10:47 PM

Oddly enough, I also won this lottery because of unclaimed tickets. 11/20 evening, second row orchestra left. Relatively obstructed because it's so far forward and so far left, but a lot of empty seats around. I believe the rows behind and in front were lotto as well. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You