News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jason Robert Brown

Jason Robert Brown Profile Photo
Member Name: Jason Robert Brown
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

13 Cast Recording Weirdness
 Jan 26 2011, 01:21:11 AM
Hey LuPonatic: There was a mixup at the factory that affected a couple hundred CDs – Sh-K-Boom recalled most of them, but apparently you got yours before the recall! If you write to Noah Cornman at Sh-K-Boom, he'll make sure a replacement is sent out to you immediately. You'll find the email addresses at the link below:
re: Parade
 Apr 7 2008, 01:19:24 AM
You know, sometimes, I just want to jump on the bull**** before it becomes someone's version of history. FIERCEY, I haven't the vaguest idea who you are, but from reading some of your other posts, you tend to talk out of your ass. So let me just say for the record: Hal Prince and I didn't have "fights," we didn't even have "creative differences." We worked on a show together, and occasionally he suggested things that I thought we could do other ways, and we'd compromise. I've been involved i
re: Very Cool New JRB Song!
 Oct 29 2006, 01:17:03 AM
Hey all, thanks for the shout-outs! I don't know much what Krista's up to these days, I suspect she's just finishing high school and being a real person. Her Mom wrote me a really sweet note giving me permission to use the song on my website, so that's how that happened.

And you know, you should check out all the sound blogs, there's a lot of cool JRB stuff on there!

See you all at the show! (I hope!)
J.

re: Jason Robert Brown Tune
 Jun 8 2006, 12:25:41 AM
Just clicky on the linky, yo.
J.

re: The Next Ten Minutes
 May 3 2006, 12:35:57 PM
The script that MTI sends out states clearly at the top of Scene 8:

JAMIE on a boat on the lake in Central Park, pointing to the apartment buildings on the Upper West Side.

Sorry, guys, it's not remotely up to interpretation. It's right there on page 18.

re: Jason Robert Brown 'Chanukah Suite' recording
 Dec 14 2005, 03:42:38 AM
Hey Tucker!

Congrats to you and your choir! That's pretty darn good for a high school group! Even when you guys didn't get all the notes or rhythms dead on, you still got the feel of the piece exactly right. All the rehearsal in the world can't make some groups feel the exuberance and joy that you guys brought to it. I just came back from hearing the L.A. Master Chorale doing the piece tonight (they did a beautiful job), so it's weird to hear it twice in one night after never having

The JRB Newsletter for 9/05! (Boy, it's long.)
 Sep 21 2005, 07:06:10 PM
(This is what I send to folks on my mailing list – if you want to be on the list, just send me a note at newyorkrock@mindspring.com)

Hello, my beloved Mailing Listers.

It's been a while, and there's much to report, so close the door and put on the "Do Not Disturb" sign, this is going to take a while.

The last time I wrote, it was right before my trip to New Orleans to perform at Le Chat Noir. That was a hell of a trip! We sold out the club and turned people away, sold out all my CD's for the evening, and generally had an amazing time, particularly when Diane Lala (who starred in the New Orleans production of "Songs for a New World," the first production that took place outside of New York) came up to sing a stirring "Stars and the Moon." It was such a great night that it's now hard to imagine that the city in which it occurred is largely destroyed, virtually deserted, entirely non-functional. I have family in New Orleans, and have always loved it more than any other American city, and I just wanted to take a paragraph to remember how much joy it brought me and to hope for its quick return to life. Within a day of leaving, I missed it immensely; you can imagine how much more I miss it now.

continued here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=4998

re: Just a Housewife
 Aug 21 2005, 01:30:30 AM
It is a wonderful song, but it's not by Stephen Schwartz. It's by the extraordinary and underrated Craig Carnelia.
re: I LOVE MY WIFE
 Aug 1 2005, 01:16:48 AM
It's actually a great CD, with Cy himself playing the solo on "By Threes." I've never seen the show, but I constantly make fun of John Miller's singing when I see him. (I think he's among the singers in "Monica," though he says that wasn't his tune.)

Anyway, Samuel French licenses the show, and if you can find a costume shop that stocks leisure suits and bell bottoms, you should have a blast. See link below:

http://www.samuelfrench.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/2858?osCsid=f5b985eab1a9c9f66681f53c5cd76a9d

re: Happy Birthday Jason Robert Brown!
 Jun 21 2005, 10:21:08 AM
Thank you all so much, fine BWW people! I didn't see your messages yesterday, I was on a plane all day, but it's lovely to see them now. I just got back into NY for rehearsals for my concerts next week at Au Bar, and I hope I'll see you all there! And don't forget about the new album, officially coming out on June 28th on Sh-K-Boom!

Thanks again, and have a great summer!
J.

re: Where the hell did Jason Robert Brown go?
 May 23 2005, 01:34:20 AM
What do you want? My Social Security Number? Yikes! I put my name, my e-mail address, and a photo of me that no one else has (until now, of course). Believe what you want to believe, my friends – musical theater is all about myths anyway. For those of you who close your eyes and clap your hands because you DO believe in JRB, you DO, you DO, thanks for all the kind words.

J.

re: Where the hell did Jason Robert Brown go?
 May 22 2005, 11:42:54 PM
I'm right here! Actually, I'm in Los Angeles – I live here now because I teach at USC in the School of Theatre. I haven't really gone away, though; shows just take a long time to develop. I've got three new musicals in various stages of creation, and you'll likely hear more about them over the next couple of months. But in the meantime, my solo album, "Wearing Someone Else's Clothes," is being released on June 28th on Sh-K-Boom Records, and to celebrate, I'm doing two concerts in Los Angeles
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You