News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hearthemsing22

Member Name: hearthemsing22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 7 2024, 05:22:41 PM

Dan6 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Mr.Liir said: "They're not closing before next week."

Maybe the first post-Tony's casualty?
"

That title already belongs to Lempicka.
"

My bad. I meant post Tony Awards, not nominations 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 7 2024, 04:08:27 PM

Mr.Liir said: "They're not closing before next week."

Maybe the first post-Tony's casualty? 

Tony Award tickets  May 7 2024, 08:49:58 AM

While it's disappointing, it's totally fair. I hope people don't queue up at Lincoln Center begging for tickets. I've seen people do that for other things and it's pathetic, so I hope it doesn't happen here. 

What's next for the Longacre?  May 6 2024, 05:55:51 PM

What ushers are supposed to do: Direct you to your seats, give you playbills/programs, maybe discuss other shows with you

What they're not there to do: Confirm or deny rumors-exactly that- RUMORS- about a show. They literally know nothing about that and even if they did, guessing they can't talk about it. Don't ask them. Why doesn't this make sense? 

MAMMA MIA! Will Embark on 25th Anniversary North American Tour  May 6 2024, 11:01:53 AM

RippedMan said: "Was my first broadway show ever so holds a dear place in my heart and hearing that this cast is on fire makes me even more excited to revisit."

That's how I feel about Beauty and the Beast coming back for a tour. If it comes near me, I'll have to go as it was my first Broadway show 

MAMMA MIA! Will Embark on 25th Anniversary North American Tour  May 6 2024, 10:43:15 AM

RippedMan said: "Well now I have to go."

I'm tempted to see it in another city again. I recommend it 

2024-2025 Broadway Season  May 6 2024, 10:26:29 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Michael Jackson TEETH"

Has this been confirmed???

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 6 2024, 10:25:54 AM

dramamama611 said: "To be fair, a Saturday night is the least telling sign, most shows will always have their biggest audience at that time.

What would be the most telling sign? Which performance? 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 6 2024, 10:01:59 AM

I think the flash sale they did was a very smart move. The theater seemed pretty full on Saturday. I didn't see the mezzanine or balcony, but can anyone confirm how full those sections were? This could slowly build a following- at least I'm praying it does. We need this joy right now. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 6 2024, 08:42:41 AM

I caught the show again on Saturday as well. I have come to realize that those romcom films we pretend not to like, but they're our guilty pleasure? That's this show. Thoroughly so enjoyable and fun and the performers are incredible. Especially the dancing done by the ensemble, and the leads. I love it. 

MAMMA MIA! Will Embark on 25th Anniversary North American Tour  May 6 2024, 08:30:48 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "I’m 25, so roughly the same age as the show and went to see Mamma Mia for the very first time in my life. The show just finished its first of 3 weeks, and it’s selling incredibly compared to Death Becomes Her down the street, here in Chicago.

I’ll keep my review short; Christine Sherrill is a vocal and acting powerhouse. I’d like to request someone to write an original tony award worthy role for her, immediately.
"
<

Next Sondheim?  May 4 2024, 12:46:18 PM

inception said: "Play Esq. said: "Is this guy reliable?"

So weird. Why would anyone use this guy to leak info? And if it is true, who would want it leaked like this?
"

Give anyone power on social media and they'll find a way to get followers/viewers/people to take their rumors as fact 

Personal Non-Eligable  May 4 2024, 12:42:14 PM

Personally I just realized how upset I am that I don't think Gavin Creel got recognized for Walk on Through? It was a stunning performance by him. 

cast cd's  May 3 2024, 05:03:43 PM

Goodness gracious have some patience. I'm sure that's coming. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 3 2024, 03:49:47 PM

HeyMrMusic said: "I can’t see Eddie winning, especially being a previous winner with two presumed frontrunners still waiting for their first win. I’ve got my fingers crossed for Brian d’Arcy James, who is on his fifth nomination without a win, but this is most likely going to Jonathan Groff for a lauded performance in the more-liked show among these three. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Dorian Harewood win for a subtle yet heartbreaking performance."

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 03:37:45 PM

Does anyone think this has a future regionally or anything, or is it DOA?

KIMBERLY AKIMBO to close in April  May 3 2024, 03:14:31 PM

Does anyone have a dream actor to portray Kimberly on the tour?

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 3 2024, 03:08:44 PM

BJR said: "MemorableUserName said: "I haven't seen BTTF but this is hilarious.

"

I'm baffled. I understand people in the industry enter social media and chat boards at their own risk, but just like free speech can still have consequences, the opinions we all share here can still cause harm. To cloak ourselves in self-centered and self-important cries of "That's my opinion" is not just careless, it's immature.

Have an opinion, sure, but if it hurts someone, you can't say that's entirely on them for hearing it. You also decided to speak your thoughts. Sure, that's what we all do here, but own it, as well as it's ramifications.
"

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 3 2024, 02:46:17 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I hope EddieRedmayne wins over Jonathan Groff. What are the odds of that happening you think?"

Very slim. If anything they'll split the votes and it will go to someone from The Outsiders

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24  May 3 2024, 09:24:40 AM

dramamama611 said: "Saying you think it won't do well is not the same as saying it should just be on Broadway.

If you get to say whatever you want, expect everyone will too...even when they disagree with you.
"

True. But at least I don't insult people- or try to avoid direct insults- when disagreeing. I don't imply stupidity, or someone not knowing what they're talking about. Can the same be shown to me?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You