News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hearthemsing22

Member Name: hearthemsing22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 17 2024, 08:39:41 AM

MemorableUserName said: "jagman106 said: "There was a large contingent of women sitting behind me wearing shirts identifying their advocacy for the LGBTQIA+ community who were particularly vocal during those particular scenes. I found the whole audience experience interesting, but I doubt the producers can sustain that type of audience for very long."

That's one of the dumb things about the response to the reviews. A big expensive Broadway musical cannot survive with a niche audience. It can be made for a certain audience, sure, but it needs to appeal--and sell tickets--to a lot of people outside of that group. Yet so much of the response to the reviews is stuff like this, which is one of the Google results that comes up when I search for Lempicka review:

Putting out the message that an already struggling show is not for certain people may rally your core audience, but it's also explicitly telling a lot of other people not to come.
"

I have been trying to find the appropriate wording to express this standpoint that I also support and you just did it so much better than I ever could. So thank you. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/14/24  Apr 17 2024, 08:35:58 AM

GoldenGiggery said: "I'm not really seeing much of an issue for Outsiders as it currently stands. They just exitedpreviews this past Thursday, and while the critical reception is decidedly mixed, the word of mouth has been pretty strong; the seats are selling well, and the grosses continue to climb. This show has the makings of a summer hit with tourists."

I'm just hoping it can build enough momentum to last through the summer when-I think?-tourist crowds slo

JK Rowling Concerns  Apr 17 2024, 08:32:15 AM

TotallyEffed said: "A lot of us wanted to believe that her original statements about trans people were perhaps misguided but still genuine and innocent, but if you go back and read them you will see they were blatant dog whistles from the beginning. I encourage everyone to listen to the J.K. Rowlingepisode of the podcast titledA Bit Fruity with Matt Bernstein. He has Natalie Wynn aka ContraPoints as a guest and they break the whole saga down. If you haven’t seen any of ContraPo

JK Rowling Concerns  Apr 16 2024, 06:36:35 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I don’t judge you for that, Jordan. I started this thread with a genuine question. I fully expect everyone to agree that she is entirely wrong, I just struggle to find a way to combat it. Probably avoiding the show is not as important as supporting trans rights organisations and other LGBT umbrella groups.

Still, I hope the show closes and Jack Thorne gets everyone a new job when the Stranger Things play comes over.
"

It's maki

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 06:35:14 PM

Anthony Sunday said: "Kit + Rachel with music by Jack Antonoff is a Gen Z wet dream. Regardless of whether they can afford tickets, the buzz around this is going to be insane."

I already saw someone online promising to go live from the stagedoor. For f*cks sake they need to chill. I don't think RZ is all that anyway to be honest but don't go spreading that 

JK Rowling Concerns  Apr 16 2024, 05:50:58 PM

If you already have the books, that also means very little as well. It's not like she has trackers and gets money every time you read them (again, if you already have the books) 

JK Rowling Concerns  Apr 16 2024, 05:16:57 PM

I don't want to seem insensitive, or anything like that. But we have such little joy in our lives, that if something does right now-do it. You don't have to publicize it because then you're just asking for attacks, but privately, if you want to read the HP books- do it! See the HP play? You don't have to post on social media that you did. But don't allow her actions to dictate your joy 

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 11:36:48 AM

dyemery said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "This and the possibility of Tom Hollands R+J transferring will mean two competing productions in the same season. Has that ever happened before?"

I've heard that's not happening anymore, so it will just be this production
"

It’s still happening this season.
"

At this point, I just wannasee a third production i

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 16 2024, 11:26:21 AM

tagiunagi said: "Kindly, are there multiple door entrances to the August Wilson for this show? My ticket entrance is Door 1 so I wasn’t sure if that was a different entrance than the mainentrance on 52nd Street.

Has Eddie Redmayne been stagedooring after evening performances? And if so, has there been any policies like no photos or a separate entrance for ticket holders?

Thank you!
"

I don't know about entrances, but I have seen p

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 09:55:10 AM

Do you think on some level she expected an Oscar nod for WSS, but since that didn't happen, she's hoping for a Tony nod for this?

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 09:53:52 AM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "Strange. Looks like Broadway will not be getting either of my preferred revivals then. Was hoping for the Tom Holland R+J and was hoping for the Sara Brightman Sunset Boulevard. Unless they’d consider coming in the following season which would seem tight"

Sometimes things are just one offs and it does not mean that they will transfer to Broadway. That is never a given. And it makes it special! Sometimes there are shows that could obviously

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 08:55:48 AM

Dylan Smith4 said: "This and the possibility of Tom Hollands R+J transferring will mean two competing productions in the same season. Has that ever happened before?"

I've heard that's not happening anymore, so it will just be this production 

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Apr 16 2024, 08:26:44 AM

dearalanaaaa said: "Ended up coming here for round two after seeing it off broadway on a student ticket! First of all, thank you to the box office for that wonderful seat: front orchestra row E for $25 at 4 pm is highway robbery for a show these days!

The changes to the first song didn't sit well with me, but honestly I forgot about them due to how stellar act two was. "Made to Last" was as stressful as I remember it being, "For Her" and its reprise

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 08:25:11 AM

I wonder when they'll officially confirm this because apart from this website, no other reputable news site has confirmed the Patti Lupon/Mia Farrow production 

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 06:00:25 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "I think BroadwayNYC is saying they should be in the reality where universal praise isn’t automatic."

Well I'm stupid. Thank you for clarifying that 

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 05:51:01 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Day by day, a large chunk of those who work in the industry drift further and further away from reality. It’s doing everyone a disservice."

Can you please explain what reality they should be in? Again-expecting universal praise is highly unrealistic 

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 05:30:46 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Oh, Sara. I love you but…no.

She’s sounding like so many of the “reviewers” on social media now who post videos of them attending everything and only rave about things, never talking about shows that don’t work. I get they want to be invited and make a “name” for themselves and don’t want to criticize anything and only spread joy and positivity but that’s not how the world (or theater criti

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 15 2024, 05:28:53 PM

I don't get it. Would everyone rather have critics lie and have there be universal praise or something? Because for ****s sake- that will not happen. And if they say that, they're lying. So why sugarcoat??

Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.  Apr 15 2024, 09:41:16 AM

I tried to like it. I really did. But I can't give Lempicka anything higher than a 3 on a scale of 1-10. 

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 05:51:16 PM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "Never spilled her guts. Clearly. Had she “spilled “ her guts she would have flat out told me. But I will say that the conversation had was quite candid. But I was also there three times in the first week of previews and the way the pre show elements are set up it does open one up to having conversations.
We had started talking about the renovations which originally were talked to be 21 then 26 million. She said it’s actually looking to be

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You