News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tommymac 2

Member Name: Tommymac 2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

April 13th ??
 Apr 1 2020, 11:52:17 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s an internet message board, not a Container Store. "

Thank you ! People get wayyyy to obsessed with people starting similar threads. 

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews
 Mar 8 2020, 06:20:20 PM

InTheBathroom1 said: "Was at the invited dress and have many thoughts but thought the show was super fun and charming with its heart firmly on its sleeve. I also think it successfully avoids the problems that plagued Tootsie as far as morals go. Rob McClure is a lock for the Tony."

How did they pull off the “ doubtfire mask “ ?

New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso ) ee
 Mar 7 2020, 10:41:58 PM
I think Sarah hyland would be great as lydia !! And she has broadway experience
 Mar 6 2020, 11:51:14 PM
Looks like they are definitely casting a new lydia. I cant imagine it being anything BUT stunt casting. Only thing that makes sense at this point. And everyone has been posting 3 months left at winter garden. Not “ closing”
I kind of agree they should just close and move on.
Unless they stunt cast. It doesn’t really make sense to continue

Feb 29 2020, 11:32:32 PM
I hope they do cast a new actor for Lydia. I would really like to see a fresh take. ... also. Casting a new swing and Having then learn all of Presley’s tracks. Plus learn the lydia role as well. Would seem like a bit much. When they can just cast a new girl to take the lydia role. ... unless , they really love Presley as lydia.
Beetlejuice to the Barrymore?
 Feb 29 2020, 11:29:54 PM

jonah3500 said: "This seems possible, but my main question is: would Beetlejuice be eligible for Tonys if its a slightly different production? Seems like a possibility, but I dont know what the customary thing is."

I’m down for a smaller theater, if they can pull it off. ... it would make sense if they were  to use the tour set. And yes. I highly doubt most of the cast will be transferring. 

Beetlejuice Rush
 Feb 29 2020, 04:32:50 PM

DebraR said: "Has anyone lined up for rush/sro lately? Landing in NYC on Wednesday and have a week to give it a shot. Wondering what time to get there for the best luck (weekday and weekend).

Thanks!
"

I’ve recently gotten rush tickets for Moulin Rouge  went right when the box office opened  there was only two other people waiting.  ... it’s definitely worth a shot  

Broadway 2020-21 Season
 Feb 29 2020, 11:24:40 AM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "Just wondering what has been confirmed for the 2020-21 on the Great White Way as well as theatre availability.

Confirmed-

MJ - Neil Simon
Music Man - Winter Garden
Once Upon a One more Time - Marquis

Now Ive heard some discussions about &Juliet but I really cant see it coming until Fall 2021. I know that I would like for Love Never Dies to have even a brief sit down in New York. I a

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
 Feb 28 2020, 10:53:11 AM

LarryD2 said: "Sophia Anne Caruso isn't some dilettante high schooler. She's a professional who was being paid very well to do a job. Her behavior also affects her colleagues and their ability to do their jobs. Perhaps she'll gain some maturity further down the line, but if she's not at a place where she can be professional and dependable, then she needed to be let go. And it was very classy of the production to allow her to essentially control the narrative surroundi

Feb 28 2020, 12:31:33 AM
Maise Williams would be a fantastic choice for Lydia !
 Feb 28 2020, 12:23:25 AM

everythingtaboo said: "I’d have to imagine the Barrymore stage is barely 2/3 that of the Winter Garden, and the downscaling would have to be pretty aggressive. I guess if they have a tour set at the ready, but a show like where the set is practically a co-starring lead, they’re not gonna be able to get away with a pierce of trash like that teeny Mamma Mia set."

Great way to put it. The set really is a co-starring lead. 

Feb 28 2020, 12:21:04 AM

RunnyBabbit said: "Tommymac 2 said: "Why are like the last 5 or so posts being deleted ? Kind of defeats the point of having a conversation if it’s just being censored. Freedom of speech is really gone down the tubes in this country."

That’s not how freedom of speech works. While I agree that deleting these posts isOTT, “free speech” does not apply to private message boards. BWW is free to delete whatever it wants for

Feb 28 2020, 12:06:20 AM
Why are like the last 5 or so posts being deleted ? Kind of defeats the point of having a conversation if it’s just being censored. Freedom of speech is really gone down the tubes in this country.
 Feb 27 2020, 11:15:05 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Tommymac 2 said: "Wow! So apparently , the winter garden is cursed ! Haha"

Cursed?? LOL The Winter Garden has housed six shows since 1982. And this revival of The Music Man is about to make bank. I would hardly call that cursed.
"

I was kind of making a joke ....

it’s just interesting how many shows at the winter garden have moved theaters 

Feb 27 2020, 11:13:18 PM
.. if people aren’t emotionally invested. ... it wouldn’t be a thing. No one would pay money to see it. That’s why a “ fan base “ is a thing. And essential to sustain it.
 Feb 27 2020, 09:36:04 PM

TNick926 said: "As some here may recall, Mama Mia transferred from the Winter Garden to a smaller theater (the Broadhurst, I think?) so there certainly is precedent.

Also years before that, the original production of 42nd Street transferred from the Winter Garden to the Majestic....

I’m guessing the BEETLEJUICE transfer will happen, and it will continue to thrive....
"

Wow! So apparently , the winter garden is cursed ! Haha

Feb 27 2020, 09:29:21 PM

CT2NYC said: "This isn't about artistic integrity, it's about money. If the show can make money at the Barrymore, they'll make it fit at the Barrymore."

Oh for sure. I totally agree. I just don’t think it fits the feel of that show , having it in such a small theater. But , money talks. 

re: Jewish Broadway Stars
 Feb 27 2020, 08:15:33 PM

JDonaghy4 said: "this thread is so creepy. are you all compiling a list for the authorities?"

Lol. No. .. it’s just interesting how most of broadway is Jewish. .. same for the film world as well. 

Van Hove's Shining
 Feb 27 2020, 08:14:40 PM

emmyjay said: "Not surprised Ivo van Hove would be interested in this material, but I am surprised it's going to be written by Simon Stephens. This may end up being, dare I hope, good?

My question is whether it will open cold on Broadway or if they'll run it off first. Given all the press his productions get, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes straight to Broadway.
"

I’m sure it will be going straight to broadway. 
this should be

Feb 27 2020, 08:12:06 PM

jonah3500 said: "This seems possible, but my main question is: would Beetlejuice be eligible for Tonys if its a slightly different production? Seems like a possibility, but I dont know what the customary thing is."

The Barrymore is just so small. Especially compared to winter garden. I really can’t imagine this production in that theater. But , power to them. ... it would make more sense at the marquis. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You