News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NotThatSmart

NotThatSmart Profile Photo
Member Name: NotThatSmart
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
 Jun 26 2023, 02:05:00 PM

I noticed on the website that there is an Imelda Marcos alternate. Does anyone have any idea on when the alternate will perform? Is it a Moulin Rouge deal where the alternate performs once a week? Is it a SIX type deal where it’s a bit of a funkier contract? Has the alternate performed yet?   

Very tall people sitting in front of you
 Jun 10 2023, 09:25:07 PM

I am a 6’6 frequent Broadway theater patron. I ALWAYS ensure that once the seat directly behind me is sat, I turn around and ask if the person can see. I have never had anyone tell me no (unless they lied!). But, it is very important to me that the person is able to see, as they didn’t spend hundreds of dollars to see the back of my head. 

I’m not sure what I would do it the person said they couldn’t see past me. I guess I would slouch!

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 May 31 2023, 03:46:48 PM

BCfitasafiddle said: "For anyone going to see Sweeney Todd in the next week, Ruthie Ann Miles, unfortunately, tested positive for COVID and will be out until June 7th."

Yay for Jeanna De Waal, though!

Actors having their contracts terminated on their first Broadway show
 May 29 2023, 11:23:44 PM

I don’t know if this is what you mean, but the OBC cast of SIX. Production did not renew their contracts and hired six new queens, similar to London. Almost all were debuts. I predict it will happen again with the current cast, again almost all debuts. 

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 May 29 2023, 11:21:38 PM

I saw this yesterday at a matinee on a rare two-show Sunday for Memorial Day.

I cannot get enough of Alex Newell in this. Still, three months later, people are giving this number standing ovations. And it is rightfully deserved. I have never seen a performance quite like what they give in this show. From the moment they entered the opening number, they commanded the space with such force. 

Peanut was the other standout for me. There is just something about Kevin Cahoon that

Some Like It Hot Absences
 May 29 2023, 09:57:33 PM

I will piggyback once again to ask about Adrianna Hicks. I have seen a show she has been in two times and she has been out for both! I must catch her!

Tina Turner Has Passed Away
 May 24 2023, 04:53:36 PM

So tragic. 

In a weird timing/twist of fate: the Tina tour is in lay -off week. They do not perform again until 5/30. I am curious what they will do in Tina’s honor when they return, and kind of a funny coincidence that Tina passed on their layoff week. 

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 May 22 2023, 07:12:25 PM

Going Sunday. So excited. Wearing…. Plaid!

For anyone who wants to show some understudy love, Miki Abraham-Grayson will be on for LuLu tomorrow (May 23) while Alex travels home from The Voice. Miki was on Sunday as well. 

Will SIX ever stunt-cast?
 May 16 2023, 11:28:11 PM

I have heard from a friend in the industry (who has significant broadway credits) that has auditioned for this show that SIX is more than likely going to cast lesser known actresses for the queens. We are talking like, people making their Broadway debut level lesser known. 

I scream because I think that my friend is a perfect Howard, but I digress. 

Although we can all agree that this music is hard, this is a great debut show for someone due to the length and e

PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring
 Apr 17 2023, 04:32:40 PM

I wonder who will play the role the two days that NPH is out. Will the actor who is supposed to be in the role normally do it? Or will an understudy?

Is Heidi Blickenstaff Still in Jagged Little Pill on Tour?
 Apr 17 2023, 04:19:19 PM

LarryD2 said: "Heidi mentioned in an Instagram video a few weeks ago that she was dealing with a foot injury -- it's possible that she's on a modified schedule. She also tested positive for COVID pretty early in the tour, which caused her to miss the entire Portland engagement. I saw the tour twice during its 2-week stop in Philadelphia: once with Heidi and once with her understudy at the time, Lani Corson. Both were great and brought different qualities to the role, so I was

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Apr 11 2023, 11:15:59 PM

Anyone there to report on JoJo’s first show?

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
 Mar 19 2023, 08:11:35 PM

KJisgroovy said: "Any idea when Gaten or Ruthie are leaving for their other commitments? They're both headliners and it seems very likely they'll be absent for extended periods. Odd it's not called out anywhere?"

I’ve heard through the grapevine that Stranger Things begins filming in May.

Josh Groban out sick tonight
 Mar 17 2023, 10:14:29 PM

binau said: "Ruthie is also out tonight. They appear to be filming with 3 cameras."

Did Jeanna De Waal go on for Beggar Woman? I bet she is excellent! 

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 17 2023, 12:52:40 PM

Lot666 said: "Can anyone comment on the stage height? Would orchestra front row seats be a neck-strain?

Alternatively, how is the front mezz experience? Does looking down at the stage ruin any visual effects?
"

I sat front row center. There is a giant platform in the middle of the stage (where Platt hangs out at intermission) that may be the only thing you have to strain for. There are projections on the back wall, but you don’t necessarily need to se

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 17 2023, 12:49:21 PM

I am glad people are enjoying it! Jake Pedersen as Frankie Epps was such a standout to me. 

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Mar 16 2023, 01:56:33 PM

Anyone know if JoJo will do all 8 shows a week? Has she announced a weekly performance she won’t do? The Satine normal is that they don’t do all 8, but she has a limited run and is a star vehicle.

I’m going to a Saturday Matinee, but it’s her very last weekend (July 15), so hopefully she won’t take her Saturday Matinees off! I believe Ashley does them? She doesn’t do Wednesday Mats. 

& JULIET On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Mar 9 2023, 12:13:57 PM

trpguyy said: "NotThatSmart said: "Where has Lorna Courtney been? She appearsto have been out almost all last week and was out tonight as well."

I’m not saying this is the case, but an actor with Covid will be out of their show for at least 10 days, with no public explanation needed. An actor who has bad/lingering covid symptoms, or any other of the many illnesses that humans can contract, may be out of their show for even longer than that.
&qu

Mar 9 2023, 12:11:18 PM

60'splayoff said: "Yeah curious about this as well. I have tickets for Sat night and while I'm sure the covers are terrific, I am looking forward to seeing Lorna.

According to Rachel's IG, Kim went on today and Rachel will be Juliet tonight.
"

I was at yesterdays matinee with Kim. She was WONDERFUL. Absolutely fabulous. I mainly went for Betsy and Stark- who were both there and FABULOUS. Rachel Webb went on Tuesday night and last night as well.

Mar 8 2023, 12:49:09 AM

Where has Lorna Courtney been? She appears to have been out almost all last week and was out tonight as well. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You