News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thedingo8urbaby3

thedingo8urbaby3 Profile Photo
Member Name: thedingo8urbaby3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: RENT blog: Adam Pascal
 Jul 6 2005, 03:21:50 PM
hahaha, I love Rent. I was really waiting for another Adam post too. Thanks, Adam!!
re: Most Curiously Touching Songs
 Jul 5 2005, 11:20:19 PM
"The Schmuel Song - THE LAST FIVE YEARS (Specifically the end)"

Shelley, my song exactly.

re: How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying Movie
 Jul 5 2005, 10:35:47 PM
To say the least, it is not a movie I would go see. I think it is a terrible show. That might be just me
re: What is your favorite cast recording?
 Jul 5 2005, 09:25:23 PM
Rent, just because.

I also love The Last Five Years!! One can listen to that CD at any point of time. When your life sucks, when your life is awesome, when love sucks (ugh), when love is awesome...there is a song for every emotion on that recording.

re: Recommendations on what B'way Musical to See
 Jul 5 2005, 09:15:32 PM
From what I hear, the Rent lottery is one of the easiest to win, so you might want to check that out. It would definitely fit your price range.
re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
 Jul 5 2005, 09:12:07 PM
After all these years, I still get goosebumps from the most random moments in RENT. I guess it really depends on what mood I'm in at the moment, but the Finale B always get me.

The line in HAIR during "Walking in Space" that goes "Our eyes are open / Wide wide wide!" also has a huge emotional impact on me.

threadjacking for a second: if someone has heard the benefit recording for Hair, would he/she please PM me and tell me how it is?

re: Help Me!
 Jul 5 2005, 09:00:31 PM
Just a suggestion Sandwich, before you spend tons of money on cast recordings, rent them from the library, and see if you like them first.

I also don't have the chance to go see Broadway shows (I'm only 17 and live in Ohio), but I have many friends with whom I talk about Broadway all the time. Knowing other people who also care about your interests helps keep things "thriving." Well, for me anyways.

I second listening to bww radio, as Zoran mentioned.

re: Cast Recording Suggestions
 Jul 4 2005, 03:46:12 PM
Ragtime and Chicago
re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
 Jul 4 2005, 03:42:09 PM
Aigoo, I am myself a grammar fiend, but I am unsure of "catchiest" or "most catchy." The general rule in English is that if the word contains two or more syllables, it is proceeded by "most." According to this rule, it would be "most catchy."

I also agree with "You Can't Stop the Beat." What do you think of "Willkommen" from Cabaret? Whenever I hear that song I can't get it out of my head.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You