pixeltracker

What is your favorite cast recording?

What is your favorite cast recording?

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#0What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:24pm

This is a place where you could post your faovrite cast recordings and why. Give plenty of details, this way people interested in buying a new cast album, they canc ahck this board. You may also include your interest in what made this cd appeal to you...art work..word of mouth....etc. :)

My favorite is WICKED because it comes across very well to disc, it's very clear, it is pleasing, and I can lsiten to it over and over and it doesn't grow old.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

apdarcey
#1re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:33pm

currently i would have to say the light in the piazza for obvious reasons.

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#2re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:44pm

RENT because I love the OBC recording, I love the entire cast and I think that it is always exciting and upbeat, and has an amazing story behind it.

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

SorryGrateful
#3re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 12:53pm

Hmmm... I think that Into the Woods is my favorite recording. I've never seen the show, but I feel like every emotion and every plot point is very clear and very entertaining on the recording and, therefore, I do feel like I've seen it. Plus, the performances of "Agony" (both) and "Moments in the Woods" are total gems.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
RaininSmilies
#5re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 1:04pm

The Last 5 Years because the music is beautiful, Sherie and Norbert are wonderful, and I never get tired of it. Also, its harder for me to skip songs on this CD than any of my other CDs.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#6re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:30pm

A Little Night Music Original Broadway Cast Recording

#7re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:41pm

Piazza... obviously, but I also enjoy RENT, Wicked, Little Women, Miss Saigon

peach
#8re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:00pm

RENT is by far the one I never, ever get tired of.

PIPPIN, because I think it's an amazing score and I enjoy singing along.

The odd one here...I thoroughly enjoy listening to CATS. For some reason, it's just darn catchy.

ikmbway
#9re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:01pm

RENT - becuase of the energy, story behind making the show, the cast, and the show itself, the lessons you can learn from it, and the good music.

Parks
#10re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:02pm

Wicked is great because you can listen to the music OVER and OVER (for me it's almost been a year). Right now I'm liking Funny Girl. I actually like 'I Want To Be See With You'.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#11re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:05pm

My top 5:
(1) Wicked
(2) Rent
(3) Taboo
(4) Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
(5) Hairspray

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#12re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:06pm

Hrmm, my most favorite has got to be
1)Cats (come on! Who dosn't remember..."Are you Blind when your born!")
2)rent the only song that I can skip is Light my Candle

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#13re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:37pm

I'm with Thenardier. Amazing cast recording. Probably my favorite.

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#14re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:55pm

Right Now:
Into The Woods
Light in the Piazza
Chicago OLC

kombatkoala
#15re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:00pm

Top 3:

Dream Cast of Les Miserables
Rent
Spamalot

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#16re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:00pm

Like I analyze why I love what I love:

Top 5 (in order)
1. Rent
2. Tick, Tick...BOOM!
3. Aida
4. The Last Five Years
5. YAGMCB

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#17re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:07pm

I have a few!

tick, tick... BOOM!
RENT
Ragtime
Sweeney Todd
The Last 5 Years
Beauty and the Beast

I would die without those!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

WickedGeek28
#18re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:41pm

"Wicked is great because you can listen to the music OVER and OVER (for me it's almost been a year). Right now I'm liking Funny Girl. I actually like 'I Want To Be See With You'. "

Hahaha. Almost a year! Mines even worse, I've lsitened to the cd EVERY day since the cd first came out in december 2003 lol. i actually bought it on Jan 29th 2004, but the obsession has been since it opened......

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

suddenlyseymour Profile Photo
suddenlyseymour
#19re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:43pm

Little Shop off broadway and the revival

WickedGeek28
#20re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 8:50pm

bump

To Kill A Mockingbird

thedingo8urbaby3 Profile Photo
thedingo8urbaby3
#21re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 9:25pm

Rent, just because. re: What is your favorite cast recording?

I also love The Last Five Years!! One can listen to that CD at any point of time. When your life sucks, when your life is awesome, when love sucks (ugh), when love is awesome...there is a song for every emotion on that recording.

"I've got a fever, and the only perscription is more cowbell!!!!" ~Christopher Walken in one of the best SNL sketches EVER!!

hypertruffle
#22re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 9:29pm

*All* of my cast recordings are my babies. I treat them with love, kindness, and respect.

*whispers*

<----- (my fave)

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

One Song Glory
#23re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 9:30pm

RENT, because of the cast, the music, the story, and everything.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

MyDreamsRecurring Profile Photo
MyDreamsRecurring
#24re: What is your favorite cast recording?
Posted: 7/5/05 at 9:31pm

Into the Woods and Les Miserables

LaChiusa's The Wild Party
god, i detest that one

"No two shows are alike in the making. Each show is a living piece of your life in a small unreal world with its own character and integrity; its own new set of memorable experiences and incredible happenings. You begin to love and adapt to its strangeness. Dreams harden into substance. Values come into focus. You wish it would never end. The dream world vanishes like mist before a rising sun; part of you vanishes with it. And back you land in the real world with a thud- fogged, uneasy, jittery, difficult to get along with. There is only one cure. A new show. A new, small unreal world; new visions, experiences, incredible happenings. Again you love it, adapt to it, wish it would never end. But end it does. Another part of you vanishes. That's show business."-Anonymous

Videos