News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DoogieB

DoogieB Profile Photo
Member Name: DoogieB
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: One of the best moments of my life so far: BACKSTAGE AT DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS. I have now met the whole main cast (Greg(2x), Shere, Norbert, John(2x), Sara and even Joanna)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/14/2006
 May 15 2006, 08:09:58 PM
What happened to DRS? It was once in the 700-800-900 range, not back to the 500's. Is this normal or should I be very, very afraid...
re: Martin Short Fame Becomes Me - Review & Photos
 May 4 2006, 06:49:35 PM
Question--

What's the deal with the audience participation? Is there volunteering or does Short drag a random person onto a stage in front of a gigantic theater audience without giving them a chance to beg not to?

Opening Night
 Apr 24 2006, 11:19:57 PM
I was curious as to how any person would be able to get opening night tickets to a Broadway show. Obviously, it is not an option on the internet when ordering tickets and I was wondering if anyone has been to an opening night of a show and how on Earth they got there.

Thanks.

re: Movie Musical Question
 Apr 20 2006, 06:46:49 PM
Yep. Put it on your Netflix queue.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0091419/

re: Smoking In Broadway Shows
 Apr 20 2006, 06:45:02 PM
I have yet to see cigarette smoking in a show, at least that I can remember. But there was a ton o' cigar smoking in THE ODD COUPLE. It was a little like being stuffed in that smokey apartment.
re: Moments of Non-Stop Laughter/Applause
 Apr 20 2006, 06:41:50 PM
Definitely a lot of applause after "Dirty Rotten Number," and also "GBS."

There's usually non-stop laughter during the Old lady/wheelchair dancing in "Along Came Bialy" from THE PRODUCERS.

The laughter lasted quite long after the "Leaf Coneybear has cats" line in SPELLING BEE.

re: BWW Contest: Win Tix to Opening Night of The Wedding Singer! (enter her
 Apr 20 2006, 05:34:04 PM
Word: Beullerfied

Definition: Developed around 1986, it is a word given to those kids who were at one time timid and nerdish and would become cool and rebellious.

Sentence: Did you hear Andy got detention last Friday for skipping school...who would ever think that the President of the Chess Club would get so Beullerfied?

re: Freddy Benson Replacement Ideas
 Mar 29 2006, 03:56:37 PM
Jack Black could handle it, and he would draw major crowds. Wayne Brady seems a bit too cool to play such a sleazebag, but I'd love to see it. Hunter Foster would obviously be a good replacement, as well.

I'd pray for a Jack Black Freddy.

re: Barefoot In the Park - Ignore the Critics!
 Mar 20 2006, 08:14:33 PM
Plus, as Isaac Mizrahi said, it's worth going just to see Amanda Peet in her underwear.

And Patrick Wilson too, for those who may prefer him...

re: Barefoot In the Park - Ignore the Critics!
 Mar 20 2006, 08:12:46 PM
It's a cute show. I think you'll have fun, as did I and apparently Kevin.
re: Norbert's Last Performance
 Mar 20 2006, 08:10:41 PM
Thanks.
Telecharge didn't even know Butz was leaving.
Anyone else able to confirm the 23rd?

Norbert's Last Performance
 Mar 20 2006, 07:52:15 PM
I know that NLB is extended through July of this year...but does anyone know the exact date of his final performace in Scoundrels? Thanks.

re: Pryce & Butz--- OH MY !!!!
 Mar 8 2006, 08:30:30 PM
Anyone think there will be a Broadway.com or Yahoo Broadway video of the replacement cast when the critics review it on the 10th? I know there are videos of Hunter Foster and Brad Oscar when they took over...

Anyway, nice review, I hope to see the new(ish) cast asap.

Spamalot vs. The Producers
 Feb 26 2006, 11:53:40 AM
Both extremely popular shows, regardless if you actually like them. For those who have seen both, which do you think got more laughs from the audience? After seeing The Producers I thought I had never heard more laughter in a Broadway theater, yet after seeing Spamalot, I don't know. Which do you recall recieving the most laughter when you visited each show?
re: Amanda Peet (Barefoot in the Park) on Letterman on Thu 2/23
 Feb 23 2006, 12:08:00 PM
I don't know why you haven't heard of her, Dollypop. I wouldn't call her a minor Hollywood star, though.

Big roles in the popular "The Whole Nine Yards" (nomination for Blockbuster Entertainment Award) and its sequel, "The Whole Ten Yards." Also big roles in "Igby Goes Down," "Something's Gotta Give," "Melinda and Melinda," and "A Lot Like Love" (Teen Choice Award nomination). Those are just the few that I've seen.

She's the reason I went to see "Barefoot" in the first p

Spamalot Seating Question
 Feb 22 2006, 11:21:11 AM
Row O, Orchestra.

Will I be able to see the whole stage (top to bottom) if the Mezzanine hangs over Row L?

re: Barefoot in the Park Song
 Feb 12 2006, 06:37:51 PM
No!

And it should!

Barefoot in the Park Song
 Feb 12 2006, 12:48:49 PM
Just wondering...
Why don't they play the song from the film, "Barefoot in the Park" in the beginning or as the curtain falls for the scene change (when the flowers appear over the curtain). It's quite catchy. Johnny Mercer lyrics and all.

re: can DRS last?
 Feb 5 2006, 06:42:16 PM
"Jonathan Pryce is just as famous as John Lithgow."

I don't think that's really true.
I had NO idea who Pryce was, and my family just went "sounds familiar." Many know Lithgow from the TV series (whether they liked it or not) "3rd Rock From The Sun" for which he won 3 Emmys as Best Leading Actor in A Comedy Series. When I was younger, I knew him as the voice in Shrek. And many remember him as Colin Hanks' father in "Orange County."

re: can DRS last?
 Feb 5 2006, 02:37:47 PM
ATTENTION TO ANYONE INVOLVED IN THE CASTING OF DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS: If you want your show to run after Norbert Leo Butz is gone, and continue to have an audience, get Jack Black to replace him as Freddy Benson!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You