News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Khashoggi

Khashoggi Profile Photo
Member Name: Khashoggi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Good word of mouth for Love Never Dies in Melbourne
 May 21 2011, 09:01:45 PM
I'm seeing the second preview this evening, quite looking forward to it I must say.
My understanding is that they are using the recently altered book from the London production.

Tony Sheldon should get the final curtain call!
 Apr 24 2011, 10:52:15 AM
Tony always got the final bow until NYC. Which just reflects a shift in the change of focus, making the show more about Tick's emotional journey.
Also, to say Sheldon is impersonating Terrence Stamp is just absurd in every way. And insulting. The two performances could not be more different.

New Priscilla commercial
 Feb 23 2011, 09:01:15 PM
I think people are reading far too much into this commercial.
It is, after all, a juke-box musical. And most of the songs in the show are performed by the Divas. Its the music they are using as a selling point, not the women. And there are very clear shots of the three boys, right after it mentions "three friends". They are even in the bus, it could hardly be anymore clear than that.
And at the end of the day, its a commercial for a new Broadway musical that is trying to sell tickets,

Warlow injured - tonight's Dr Zhivago cancelled
 Feb 15 2011, 07:12:56 AM
So how long before he takes his next show off, or Berezin becomes the alternate Zhivago?
And charging full price for previews is very poor form. If they are selling them at the same price as regular performances, they might as well not have previews and have the first preview as Gala opening. Its just another example of producers' greed.

Feb 14 2011, 10:13:35 PM
You certainly weren't the only one....
 Feb 14 2011, 07:52:39 PM
Was it three shows a week or four that he actually bothered to perform during Phantom three years ago?
 Feb 14 2011, 08:03:59 AM
I would rather see Anton Berezin. And knowing Warlow's attendance record, I probably will.
Lead Actress Natalie Mendoza Departs SPIDER-MAN: Turn Off the Dark?
 Dec 28 2010, 07:23:41 PM
"She's some kind of rock star in Australia..."
Really? l live in Australia, and could pretty safely say that 99% of the population would have NO idea who she is.

Top 5 Practical Gifts for Your Actor Friends
 Dec 18 2010, 01:39:48 PM
Wow. You people are a whole new kind of bitter. At least Felicia is doing something proactive and positive. Not sitting around whinging, writing whiny posts on a message board criticizing other people. Sure, the blog entry isn't revelatory, but its fun and harmless. lf that made you so angry/annoyed that you felt compelled to take the time to whinge about it, l feel awfully sorry for you. You must lead a pathetic, sad little life.
Roger Rees to Replace Nathan Lane in THE ADDAMS FAMILY 3/2011
 Oct 29 2010, 12:44:36 AM
Wow. Broadwayworld.com forum hypocrisy at its best.
The producers obviously think the show is doing good business, enough to keep it running for a little while after Lane leaves the show. They COULD have hired a big film or television star, who probably didn't have the stage chops to lead a major production. lmagine what the reaction would have been on this message board.
lnstead, the producers hire a talented, experienced, versatile and respected and mostly theater-based actor; and th

Some Thoughts on a Priscilla Preview Oct 17/2010
 Oct 24 2010, 11:02:43 AM
Are you able to post a full song/scene and understudy list for the show, please? x
LOVE NEVER DIES to Open at Melbourne's Regent Theatre, May 2011; PRISCILLA'
 Oct 14 2010, 01:52:23 AM
According to the newspapers here, they are doing some "restructuring" with the book. Though from what l understand, its going to take a hell of a lot more than a few changes to make this turkey work.
Financially, it is a smart decision, as it'll get general public crowds in Melbourne, because of the "Phantom" name.
l'm also excited to see what Simon Phillips will do with the budget that this show will no doubt bring with it. 2010 is shaping up to be a big year for Mr. Phillips. His fir

The Official 2010 Tony Awards Discussion Thread
 Jun 13 2010, 10:37:44 PM
Sean Hayes for Spiderman.
 Jun 13 2010, 10:25:52 PM
Laura Bell Bundy's nose. Discuss.
 Jun 13 2010, 10:24:18 PM
So they're playing the "get off" music for crazy people this year?

Where was this during Alice's speech last year?

Jun 13 2010, 10:20:41 PM
Why is Cate wearing a suit of armor?
Australia FINALLY finds its Mary Poppins!
 Mar 11 2010, 10:51:27 PM
Couldn't agree more, wildcat!
She's a wonderfully gifted and unique performer, with great stage energy and charm. It is always nice to see someone being given the chance to stand up and shine in a big role like this. I can't wait to see her in July!

Norm Waxman in Jersey Boys
 Mar 3 2010, 04:46:49 PM
Generally, "Norm" plays the drums in "I Go Ape", the final section of "Walk Like a Man", the first section of "Dawn", as well as "Who Loves You" and the curtain calls. I can't speak for other productions, but in Melbourne, Andrew Broadbent also plays the guitar live, both as "Nick DeVito" at the start of the show, and as"Charlie Calello" in the New Seasons section.
Hope this helps!

Priscilla Queen of the Desert casting ideas?
 Jan 19 2010, 06:02:07 PM
Thanks for your contribution, Pgenre darling, but that wasn't the question I was asking!
Priscilla Queen of the Desert casting ideas?
 Jan 19 2010, 05:50:27 PM
She'd be rather funny in the role of Shirl, the very very butch woman at the Broken Hill pub. Sadly, its a bit too small a part for Ms. LuPone!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You