News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LuvBroadwayHugs

LuvBroadwayHugs Profile Photo
Member Name: LuvBroadwayHugs
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Show League
 Jun 3 2006, 11:56:48 AM
I'm going to try and go to the june 29th Lestat/ Jersey Boys game :)...boy do I love show league season!
re: The Official Adam Pascal Love Thread, part ten
 May 30 2006, 08:11:42 PM
I hate when computers crash. Mine likes to do it often. And for the record..pictures of Adam biting his lip brighten my day.
re: feeling uncomfortable as an audience member
 Dec 1 2005, 06:47:24 PM
Matt Caplan stares A LOT (as mentioned a couple times) Last time I went to see Rent I was third row on the left. A lot of his stuff takes place over there and he kept staring at me. So what did I do? I stared at him the WHOLE time. Hah! How do you like it, Cappy?!

(I'm one of the few who like Matt though, so don't get me wrong)

re: Musicals you loved immediately
 Dec 1 2005, 04:10:10 PM
Very few, actually. Most shows had to grow on me but there are these:

Tick, Tick...Boom!
The Boy From Oz
The Rocky Horror Show
Jersey Boys

Nov 29 2005, 08:34:53 PM
I make eye contact as well, my problem is when you're sitting there watching and you feel someone watching you. That's kinda scary. lol
 Nov 29 2005, 07:23:32 PM
When I saw Chicago, I was in the third row. And for those who are unfamiliar with the show, the cast, instead of going backstage, sits on the stage in chairs off to the side. Anyway, This one guy was STARING at me. It was sort of strange. But he was one of the poster boys for Broadway Bares this year...so it's all good. Just a little uncomfortable.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27/2005
 Nov 29 2005, 07:13:31 PM
Jersey Boys is doing great. 90.9%, it's their best week yet. Thank you, tourists.
re: Jersey Boys - my review
 Nov 29 2005, 06:50:43 PM
Okay, once again, I stand proudly and say I am the youngest person posting in this thread, so I speak for the "young crowd" when I say that the show IS appealing to a diverse group, as irene2 said.

I believe the book is appealing to different people because of the history and the evidence of the "American Dream", if you will. Who doesn't dream of coming from no where and ending up with some of the biggest hits of all time?

I am not from New Jersey, nor do I ever plan to live

re: What and how many multiple cast recordings of the same show do you have
 Nov 29 2005, 06:33:34 PM
Oklahoma (from what I see looking at my shelf right now, 3 versions.. but I'm pretty sure I have 5. Wonder what happened to the other 2.)
Assassins (2)
Chicago(2)

ETA: Somehow I forgot Rent. I have too many versions...I'd be embarassed to admit how many.

re: ok how about 2006 Tony for Best Replacement?!
 Nov 28 2005, 09:21:17 PM
That's a weird deal. Does the replacement actor have to be in it at Tony time?
re: Adam Pascal Cds
 Nov 28 2005, 08:16:52 PM
I love them both. I think I might like Civilian better...or maybe that's just this week!
 Nov 28 2005, 07:46:12 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself, dd. Nice work
 Nov 28 2005, 05:10:41 PM
Nolfi's first show was The 11th, just for reference!
 Nov 28 2005, 04:59:11 PM
Not a problemo! Considering it was from memory, I'm surely impressed!
 Nov 28 2005, 04:47:44 PM
I'm younger than most of you, not to draw attention to myself, but I was raised on the music of the Four Seasons .It was sort of like coming home for me. If that makes any sense at all.

WithoutATrace, I hate to correct you, but it's Dominic Nolfi. I went to his first show and fell for the kid. Granted his voice doesn't carry as well, I think he did a good job.We're going to be married. Well. He hasn't been notified of this yet...

re: Christian Hoff: From Surfer Boy To Jersey Boy
 Nov 27 2005, 09:42:16 PM
*smirk* Christian is great! Very sweet guy and a wonderful talent. I love those Jersey Boys!
re: favorite broadway memory
 Nov 25 2005, 05:28:40 PM
Seeing Jersey Boys with Dominic Nolfi going on as Frankie in place of John Lloyd Young for the first time (on Broadway) and then meeting him at the stage door surrounded by his family and friends who were cheering. I was the first broadway autograph he signed and it made me feel special.

re: Currently Listening to?
 Nov 24 2005, 09:51:31 PM
Jersey Boys- Medley [Stay, Let's Hang On!, Opus 17 & Bye, Bye Baby(Baby, Goodbye)]
Rent Review
 Nov 24 2005, 10:35:03 AM
I'm still trying to form words about that film. I haven't spoken to anyone about it since last night. It was...wow. All I kept saying was if Jon could see how many people were in that theatre. Just wow.
re: Macy's Thanksgiving Parade w/Bway
 Nov 24 2005, 10:28:26 AM
Gosh, I love Thanksgiving! I'm so happy right now because I got to see my new love Dom Nolfi in the background of the Jersey Boy's performance (he was playing the tambourine in a striped shirt!). Yay for Dominic!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You