News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LadyDulcinea1

LadyDulcinea1 Profile Photo
Member Name: LadyDulcinea1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Praire Oysters in Cabaret?
 Dec 6 2005, 04:20:13 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to make these look realistic without making that actress playing Sally actually drink raw eggs? Thanks!
Sitting Pretty vs. The Money Song
 Jul 15 2005, 04:13:09 PM
Does anyone know what the difference is between these two songs? On Tams Witmark's website they list the 1987 verson of Cabaret as having both of these. Anyone know how this works?
Tams-Witmark question
 Jul 13 2005, 08:41:54 PM
Does anyone know from past experiences typically how much a Tams Witmark owned musical costs? I would have the material for three months prior to closing night. I know it varies depending on the show, but any kind of ball park number would be helpful, thanks! (The musical I'm doing is Cabaret if that helps!)

re: great big stuff..
 Jun 7 2005, 01:19:55 PM
I've seen DRS twice at the Imperial and its quite obvious that NOTHING compares to live theatre. I think that Norbert was far from awful, maybe some of you need to get new televisions or speakers, and its true that out of context the song doesn't make as much sense, but really I think that was true of all of the numbers on the tonys. Unless you do an opening number, such as Spelling Bee or Avenue Q last year, the song makes little to no sense. As for making people want to see the show, none of y
re: Best time to get there for DRS lottery?
 May 13 2005, 01:40:54 PM
Thanks! We saw the show during previews and LOVED it! Huge Norbert fans! Thenardier, that's awsome, I have a small poster of it too, probably my favorite Picasso painting, gotta love Don Quixote hehe Crossing my fingers for Saturday! Let you know how it turned out!
Best time to get there for DRS lottery?
 May 13 2005, 01:32:54 PM
My mother and I are planning on trying our luck for the DRS lottery for the 2pm Saturday matinee. I know that the drawing is two hours before curtain (12:00), so what is a good time to show up to put our names in?? Thanks!! : )
re: Help!!
 May 5 2005, 10:45:03 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know if the illegal actions are using the actual libretto, or if taking out or adding songs is considered illegal as well? I really like the way Mein Herr fits into the show, and I know that the 1987 version does not have this song. Am I correct in assuming that its not possible to add this song if it's not already in the libretto?
Help!!
 May 5 2005, 08:04:13 PM
PLEASE someone, anyone tell me where you get the production rights to the 1998 Revival Version of Cabaret! I know of amateur theatres and schools who have done this version since it closed, but Tams-Whitmark told me it is not available!! Can someone please help me?! : (
Cabaret productions rights
 Apr 17 2005, 07:02:31 PM
Does anyone know for sure if the production rights are available for the Studio 54 version of Cabaret? I looked on Tams-Witmark and it doesn't have some of the songs listed, but I think this may just not have been updated, since it still lists this version as being on broadway. Also, I'm pretty sure I saw a school by me do the new version. But I just want to double check! Thanks!!
May seem like an odd question but....
 Mar 16 2005, 11:59:40 PM
.....does anyone know if its possible for find pants in any way resembling Mimi's infamous blue pants? Attempting to get possibly get a costume for a party together and was wondering if this would even be possible? Thanks! : )
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
 Feb 23 2005, 02:45:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone could either tell me or let me know where I can find a Character and vocal part breakdown for Whorehouse. Also, any opinions of what you think of this show would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! : )
Cabaret and Tams-Whitmark Question!
 Feb 23 2005, 01:43:25 AM
Does anyone on here know what version of Cabaret is available for performance from Tams-Whitmark? Is it the same as the recent Broadway revival, or is it open to the director to decide what songs to include and what songs to not? I would really appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks!! :)
My Tony Number Picks
 Jun 8 2004, 02:30:46 PM
Wicked- Either the entire Defying Gravity or What is This Feeling?

The Boy From Oz- When I Get My Name in Lights (I love that kid!!!) or I Go To Rio

Assassins- The FIRST Everybody's Got the Right (but I guess they did the second because its shorter and Neil Patrick Harris is in it)

Fiddler- Same song : )

Wonderful Town- Something with more substance...that number would not make me want to see the show at all

I'm not as familiar with the other two shows, but I t

Question about Frogs and Dracula
 Jun 8 2004, 11:54:17 AM
Does anyone know if there are any places where you can get discounts for The Frogs and Dracula? Also, when do the previews for The Frogs begin? Thanks!
re: Guess People LIKED 'Defying Gravity' !!
 Jun 8 2004, 11:50:01 AM
I know that whenever I mention the name Idina Menzel to anyone who doesn't live in the New York area they usually look at me for a second before saying, "Who?" So, I really don't think it's gonna hurt the show. Unlike The Producers, which is so character and personality driven, Wicked seems to rely more on songs and visuals, so having different actors in the leading parts probably won't stop tourists from going to see the show for the first time, or people who love it from returning.
re: Norbert Leo Butz
 Jun 8 2004, 11:42:16 AM
His role in Wicked does not showcase his talents at all! I saw him as Roger in RENT and I thought he was AMAZING! I haven't seen a Roger who lives up to that performance since then. And regardless of what I tell you, I think its always better to go see a show and make your own decision, since sometimes your opinion of a specific person can differ from what a lot of other people think.
re: Final five Best Showtune noms - Vote at TonyAwards.com
 Jun 6 2004, 10:41:11 AM
"The Impossible Dream" : )
re: Final five Best Showtune noms - Vote at TonyAwards.com
 Jun 6 2004, 10:41:07 AM
"The Impossible Dream" : )
re: 5 Best Songs of all-time
 Jun 4 2004, 03:29:26 PM
That was tougher than I thought it would be! So many amazing songs in Sweeney Todd and they picked Not While I'm Around? OH well, still a pretty good song. Here's my picks!

5. Not While I'm Around~ Sweeney Todd
4. Seasons of Love~ RENT
3. All I Ask of You~ Phantom of the Opera
2. Cabaret~ Cabaret
1. The Impossible Dream (The Quest)~ Man of La Mancha

re: Best/Worst Broadway Album Covers
 Jun 4 2004, 03:19:23 PM
I don't like the new Assassins poster at all, and i don't really know why. I really like the Album cover for the recent Man of La Mancha revival and Beauty and the Beast and Little Shop. I guess my least favorite is not an album cover but all those posters around the city with Scary Spice as Mimi. Can't they just keep the original poster! Geez....
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You