News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Behind_the_Spotlight

Behind_the_Spotlight Profile Photo
Member Name: Behind_the_Spotlight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Raul Esparza Interview in Sunday Times
 Nov 26 2006, 10:04:43 AM
No, he wasn't famous, which is why, as we both say, it's not the same. And no, we weren't married, but everyone we knew expected us to go there eventually. All I was really saying was, from the perspective of someone who was with someone for a really long time (well, compared to how young we were) and then having him come out, I don't feel he was being particularly insensitive to her feelings. He says they are best friends, which was (and still is) my case as well, so I assume this was done with
re: Raul Esparza Interview in Sunday Times
 Nov 26 2006, 09:14:52 AM
Nobody... having been in a similar situation (my boyfriend came out after 2 1/2 years, though thank god before we did anything like get married) I really have to say... yes, I'd be ok with it. I was ok with it. I was ok with him telling his family we were still together until he found the right time to talk about it. And I encouraged him to write about it for a college class. No, it wasn't nearly an identical situation, but as far as do I think he dishonored his wife in any way? Not at all.
re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
 Nov 9 2006, 09:15:51 AM
"...you see the commercial for the video game F.E.A.R that ends with "They all deserve to die" and you can't resist adding "Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why." "

Oh good, I'm not the only one!

When your dad uses spring break in NYC and taking you to your first Broadway shows as a bribe to graduate high school. (Ok, I wasn't actually going to fail, but if it got me to broadway, I wasn't about to tell HIM that...)

Nathan Lane in ACL
 Oct 16 2006, 03:51:08 PM
Her: California. It was either there, Ohio or New York State

.... Why in the WORLD would OHIO be on that list??? Two TOTALLT amazing states with FANTASTIC cities to visit.... and Ohio? I don't get it.

re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Oct 11 2006, 04:43:12 AM
This isn't theatre related, but it is VERY tourist-y.

I was in New York this weekend on a trip with my college, and we stayed in a hostel near Union Square. The first night there I was with a bunch of freshman who wanted to go to Times Square, so we headed to the subway to check it out. After a rather RIDICULOUS time a few people spent trying to figure out how to purchase a Metro pass, we realized we hadn't figured out what train to take. One girl informed us she "had been to New York b

re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Aug 31 2006, 08:26:04 PM
I'm fairly sure I've told this story somewhere before, but it fits:

Wicked in Cincinnati, my friends and I go to stagedoor. We're pretty much the only people who recognized Julia immediately, so we move in to try and reach her. Some girls see she's getting alot of attention, so they ask for her autograph and go "So, who did you play?" She was the sweetest thing about it, too! She laughed and said "I was the green witch." "No way!" "Yes! And I have the green hairline to prove it!" At whi

re: Where did you first see them before they were Stars?
 Aug 22 2006, 11:46:40 AM
It wasn't me, but my sister's boyfriend lived across the street from Alice Ripley. I guess her parents used to give him advice and stuff, and she used to hang out with him "the way adults hang out with 7th graders." He nearly had a heart attack when he realized she was on my iPod.

And then there was my own personal heart attack when my grandma finds out I'm into theatre and goes "Have you heard of Jamie Lapine?" "Jamie Lapine? You mean James Lapine?" "Yes, but I remember him as little

re: The Weirdest Pet Peeve You Have?
 May 1 2006, 02:34:49 AM
Yeah, I'm bringing this back. Procrastination is fun!

My main pet peeve is people who can't type, or use internet lingo. Occasionally, my friends and I will IM each other with the worst possible 'net lingo we can think of, and it's (in my opinion) way more difficult to type 'ur 2 stupid i h8 u" than it is to actually type out the damn words.

Skittles: I can sympathize. I was diagnosed with ADD 12 years ago, and when I've been unmedicated it's next to impossible to get anything

re: Most 'real' couple in 'Company'
 Apr 27 2006, 01:41:36 PM
Harry and Sarah are a mellowed-down version of my sister and her fiance. It's kind of weird.
re: Actors as orchestra -- getting tired
 Apr 19 2006, 05:27:48 PM
I actually really like this concept. In my opinion, since musicals have people singing to express emotion and such, what's wrong with them playing instruments, too? The music can tell the story as much as anything. I saw Company, and it was fantastic. But I don't think there's any worry of this becoming 'overdone,' simply because with so many shows, it's just not a logical thing to do. I don't think actors have anything to worry about.

Edit: As far as "Will they become ushers/do lights?

re: Doyle's Company to transfer to Broadway!
 Apr 6 2006, 07:36:44 PM
I'm ridiculously happy about this. I just saw the show on Sunday and have had my fingers crossed for this news ever since.
re: Jewish Broadway Stars
 Jan 4 2006, 01:00:26 PM
Yeah, he is. Though he was quoted somewhere as saying something like "Christmas is my favorite holiday, even though I'm Jewish." It made me laugh. :)
re: Jewish Broadway Stars
 Jan 2 2006, 04:19:45 AM
Well, personally, here are some reasons I am curious.

*My grandpa was Jewish, and I've always been at least entertaining the idea of looking into Judaism, since I was raised without any relegion.

*I grew up in cities in Ohio that had basically no Jewish people. I went to NYC last spring and for the first time ever realized what people meant when they said my sister "looked Jewish." I had never really thought about the fact that people assume there is a "look" to being Jewish. O

Hilarious!
 Dec 19 2005, 07:56:12 AM
Happy birthday, incendiary!

That reminds me of my 18th birthday last year... "Wait... Now that I'm 18, does that mean my crush on Dan Radcliff is now illegal? On the other hand... I could no longer send Johnny Depp to jail. Oh, life is good "

Hilarious!
 Dec 19 2005, 07:42:59 AM
Oh, the Rent cast, I do love them so. :)

Parents. What can you do? Though my dad took me to see Rent on Broadway last year, and to my great surprise he loved it. And wants to see the movie. It makes me happy.

Anthony's site is back!
 Dec 18 2005, 12:10:27 AM
I'm late as always... But on the subject of new converts, two of my friends saw it because I kept ranting and telling them they had to, and the absolutely adored it. :) And I know they weren't just faking for my sake, because they actually went without me. And one of them is working on memorizing all the songs. Oh, and she also said this:

"I'm trying to learn La Vie Boheme, but that's gonna take awhile. I love Mark, though! Anthony Rapp was so perfect. He made that movie for me. I don't

Look Around
 Dec 15 2005, 09:25:29 PM
Mandi: Thanks! As I said, I saw it last spring, and who knows what all of the same things they're doing. :)
Look Around
 Dec 15 2005, 07:47:57 PM
No, I know it's a show clip, I saw the show last spring... I just don't remember a time when Joanne would have done that. What part of T:M is it?
Look Around
 Dec 15 2005, 07:23:28 PM
Mandi: The random picture... what is that from? Tango: Maureen? I don't remember a time Joanne ever grabbed him like that.

... I have to say I'm jealous.

Look Around
 Dec 14 2005, 08:20:16 PM
I'm crossing my fingers that Rent stays in theaters in my hometown for a little while longer. I want to see it with my dad before it stops playing. ::crosses fingers::
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You