News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for timmetzner

timmetzner Profile Photo
Member Name: timmetzner
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/timmetzner
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: BARE audition question
 Oct 12 2007, 05:10:39 PM
I sang "Run Away With Me" by Kerrigan and Lowdermilk at my Bare audition and the auditors loved it. They had me sing "Role of a Lifetime" right then. Its really similar to the ballads in Bare. I didn't have to sing an up tempo but I'd suggest something from like Jesus Christ Superstar. Bare is definitely a pop/rock musical so you should sing something that shows you can pull off that style.
re: BARE: A Pop Opera in NJ
 Aug 3 2007, 02:45:23 PM
Thanks for all the support and interest guys. I (and the rest of the cast) have been working really hard and I PROMISE it will be amazing.

I play Alan and u/s Peter btw. Its been a phenomenal experience.

BARE: A Pop Opera in NJ
 Jul 9 2007, 09:37:11 AM
Hey Guys,

I didn't know whether to post on the off-topic board or not, and there is no Jersey board so I decided it would go here.

So I know there are a lot of fans of BARE on this board and I wanted to let you guys know the FIRST regional production of BARE since its off-broadway run will open August 31st and the Edison Valley Playhouse in NJ. I am in the cast and we started rehearsals last week. It is going to be an amazing production, If I do say so.

I will post t

re: what is the best neil labute play?
 Jul 8 2007, 10:09:40 AM
I remember when I first saw "The Shape of Things." I had heard nothing about it and was blown away. My FAVORITE by far. It still affects me to this day and I will get into hour long discussions about it with people.
re: Things to drink to keep voice healthy...
 Jul 5 2007, 04:05:21 PM
the musical director for all my musicals in college reccomended that the hours during a performance that organic, non-sugar, no preservative room-temperature apple juice is best. apparently its closest to human saliva. Yeah gross, but keeps the throat lubricated naturally.

she could have been off her rocker, but it did work very well for me.

re: The Official 'fANADUs ' love thread to Xanadu the musical on Broadway !
 Jun 30 2007, 10:42:58 PM
I was sitting onstage today during the matinee, and its the most fun I've had on Broadway in a loooong time. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was incredible. I'm an official "FanadU" now!
re: Songs for a funeral/memorial?
 Jun 27 2007, 09:53:39 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

I think the song "Days of Plenty" from Little Women is gorgeous and very appropriate for a funeral. Just change the pronouns.

re: Songs/Parts of songs that give you chills
 May 29 2007, 11:04:35 AM
Light in the Piazza - "I see it. Now I see it. Everywhere, its everywhere its everything and everywhere. Fabrizio. The light in the piazza; my love."

When Audra McDonald sings "Lizzie he's not yours, Lizzie in his life your part is very small..." in "I Won't Mind"

Bare: A Pop Opera - "All I ever want is there in your eyes. They tell me I'm alright and I realize that I always knew."

Jekyll and Hyde - "Love is worth forgiving for, now I realize, everything worth living f

re: Rediscovering the Drama Book Shop
 Apr 18 2007, 11:09:44 PM
I love the drama book shop. It is amazing. A must stop locale whenever I'm in the city. I always buy a play there, even if I'm dirt broke.

Matthew Passion
 Apr 2 2007, 11:34:09 AM
I saw this show yesterday Off-Broadway and was incredibly moved. I thought it was a brilliant play with incredible acting and moving themes. Not to mention I was sobbing like a baby at the end. I highly encourage people to go see it. I went on a whim and I am so glad that I did. Congratulations to the cast/crew/creators. It is a truly special piece.

Timmy

re: Religious Actors
 Mar 4 2007, 07:41:43 PM
Hey!

I am a Christian as well and would love to discuss things with you. I know of many many Christian artists in the theatre who are able to work and still feel like they are pleasing to God. PM me and we can talk.

Timmy

re: John Hill
 Jan 22 2007, 03:51:28 PM
i really want to know about this too.
suggestion for evening show
 Jan 13 2007, 08:08:42 PM
hey everyone,

my friend and i are going to be in the city tomorrow seeing the matinee of Spring Awakening and was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what to see in the evening. I know there isn't much that has sunday evening performances and it would need to be pretty cheap. so yeah. i'd love any advice. thanks so much!!!

re: Spring Awakening Rush Time???
 Jan 5 2007, 09:02:52 PM
thanks everyone. i think i'm going next weekend as well and this helps me plan my day/trip a lot.
re: DREAMGIRLS earns 3 SAG Award Nominations!
 Jan 4 2007, 11:15:20 AM
hahahaha i bet beyonce is pissed.

i love her though. congrats to the rest.

re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
 Dec 15 2006, 02:36:43 PM
wow. now i might have to go see this again. hmmmm. i love me some julia murney.
re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
 Dec 6 2006, 10:16:11 AM
And that is EXACTLY the reason why people wait for so long to talk about it. Because they think no one will believe them. Being molested is so psychologically damaging you have no idea what to do or say, take it from one who knows.
re: Awesomely bad Broadway songs
 Nov 22 2006, 06:27:14 PM
How about

"How I Know You"

from Aida

re: Best. Poster. Ever.
 Nov 3 2006, 11:40:50 PM
i am amazed. this poster is gorgeous. great advertising can make or break a show. i haven't seen something this captivating in a long time.
re: Spring Awakening
 Oct 15 2006, 08:30:09 PM
yeah, i'd be interested in hearing other songs as well.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You