pixeltracker

what is the best neil labute play?

what is the best neil labute play?

brainpolice23
#1what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/7/07 at 2:31pm

i've only read "fat pig" and "some girls." i'm getting a gift for a friend who has already read "fat pig" and deciding between "the shape of things," "the mercy seat," or simply purchasing "fat pig" for her.

Evan Almighty Profile Photo
Evan Almighty
#2re: what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/7/07 at 2:34pm

My personal favorite is "The Shape of Things".

My avatar: South Park Evan Almighty. He's nutty.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#2re: what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/7/07 at 2:35pm

I love Fat Pig but The Shape of Things is a VERY close second.
This is How it Goes is really good as is the Mercy Seat.
I love Mr. LaBute's work!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

JO125
#3re: what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 12:41am

I loved "The Shape of Things"

Yankeefan007
#4re: what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 8:13am

Shape of Things, bash, This is How it Goes

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#5re: what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 8:35am

Problem with SHAPE is that now everyone knows the joke, which dilutes the play's power a bit. MERCY SEAT is still obscure enough that you can still enjoy the moral quandry. MERCY's dialogue is also, IMHO, a bit better than SHAPE's.

http://docandraider.com

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#6re: what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 9:52am

bash, without a doubt. Particularly Medea Redux.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

timmetzner Profile Photo
timmetzner
#7re: what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 10:09am

I remember when I first saw "The Shape of Things." I had heard nothing about it and was blown away. My FAVORITE by far. It still affects me to this day and I will get into hour long discussions about it with people.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#8re: what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 10:47am

I just saw "This Is How It Goes" and I found it to be very disturbing, not among my favorites. But he is definitly thought-provoking.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#9re: what is the best neil labute play?
Posted: 7/8/07 at 1:37pm

The Mercy Seat... i was disgusted at the thought but wow it was so real that it worked.

I have a vendetta against "Shape of Things" i costume designed it 2 falls ago and it was an unpleasent experience.

Videos