B'Way Beauty Sex Bust

Yankeefan007
#1B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 8:10am

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12062006/news/regionalnews/sexy_beast_busted_as_perv_regionalnews_laura_italiano.htm

Old new suddenly reappearing. Jim Barbour made the cover of the Post.
Updated On: 12/6/06 at 08:10 AM

NathanLaneStalker
#1re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 8:13am

Oh my god.

I just don't know what to say! .....He was great in Assassins! lol

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 8:28am

"In June 2001, Barbour was starring as the dashing, waistcoat-wearing Edward Rochester in the musical "Jane Eyre" at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre on West 47th Street, earning accolades and a Drama League award for his virile, magnetic performance.

Prosecutors say that the victim was then an out-of-state, star-struck theater lover from a high school somewhere in the New York area."

Out-of-state, from somewhere in the New York area...so wouldn't that be in-state?? Idiots at The Post.

"Additional reporting by Jennifer Fermino and Michael Riedel"

Enough said.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 12/6/06 at 08:28 AM

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#3re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 8:34am

"Out-of-state, from somewhere in the New York area...so wouldn't that be in-state?? Idiots at The Post."

I believe the technical term for that is "New Jersey".

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

iluvtheatertrash
#4re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 8:37am

Is it just me or does the entire thing sound a little far fetched?

Her parents really would have no clue he was groping her under the table right in front of them? Seems a bit off to me....

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

NathanLaneStalker
#5re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 8:38am

She shouldn't have been stupid enough to give him a blowjob if she knew she was gonna play "HE SEDUCED ME 5 YEARS AGO!" card...

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

iluvtheatertrash
#6re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 8:41am

I get that she was young and all, too. But to pull the SEDUCED card and not say a word for 5 years seems ridiculous. If anything DID happen it was probably very light and she took it very seriously and was, as teenage girls and boys happen to get, upset/pissed it didn't go any farther. I find it all very hard to believe.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#7re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 9:57am

The part about the girl going back to his apartment after he supposedly molested her sounds a little far-fetched.

#8re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:12am

He took her and her parents out to dinner, then took her to see a friend's play and back to his apartment? She was fifteen and her parents didn't see anything odd about that?

timmetzner Profile Photo
timmetzner
#9re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:16am

And that is EXACTLY the reason why people wait for so long to talk about it. Because they think no one will believe them. Being molested is so psychologically damaging you have no idea what to do or say, take it from one who knows.

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#10re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:17am

I hope he's still gonna be in the Camelot tour...

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#11re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:18am

Are these the same parents who send their sons to spend the night at Michael Jackson's house? I can't imagine myself as a parent ever leaving a 15 year old girl alone in a dressing room with an actor, (even though this would probably be quite safe in most cases.)

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#12re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:25am

For the love of god the post is not a reliable source of info. Don't take it as though it is. They always blow things WAY out of preportation.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#13re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:26am

I heard this as a rumor and wondered if it ever was going to surface.
If it is true it is terrible and the worst thing an actor could do. Taking advantage of your position with a Star Struck teenager is unforgivable.
If it isn't true I feel terrible for him and hope that he can recover from it.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#14re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:27am

Winston-It seems that they are reporting info that the received from the DA and police. Only Nerds like us care about this story, I doubt they are making this up as a great gossip story for Broadway fans.

Updated On: 12/6/06 at 10:27 AM

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#15re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:28am

This has all the makings for an episode of Law & Order: SVU.

Any guess on who'd play the "Demon Barbour" of Broadway? (Boo, Italiano. Boo.)

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#16re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:29am

Yeah Jim Barbour can play the part.
Opposite sarah Litzinger or ashley Brown.
HAHA

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#17re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:33am

I didn't say that they were not accurate 100%. Even whith things from the DA they take them and make the truth jucy so people would want to read it. Ever since Rupert Murdoch ( owener of fox news and myspace ect) bought the post years a go it went from being a semi decent paper to beaing a complete drag. They are known for giving the people what they want to read in terms of the news. Not reporting facts. So, they prolly did take the actual news story and spiced it up to seem more entertaining to the reader.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Kringas
#18re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:36am

I heard this as a rumor and wondered if it ever was going to surface.

Didn't this surface months ago?

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#19re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:46am

Well, IIRC I think there was talk of this before April. Might not have been the same girl. Not 100% sure though. I don't want to ruin his rep anymore than it has to be. Still innocent until Proven guilty and all.

SorryGrateful
#20re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:50am

If this is true, then the parents are at fault to a minor extent. What kind of clueless parent would let their teenage daughter be alone with someone that they don't know? I really hope it's not true, though.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

bwaymemoir Profile Photo
bwaymemoir
#21re: B'Way Beauty Sex Bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 10:50am

"If anything DID happen it was probably very light and she took it very seriously and was, as teenage girls and boys happen to get, upset/pissed it didn't go any farther."

From a legal point of view, she was a minor and he was an adult. Period. This is about HIS judgement (or lack of), not hers. While I appreciate that people are innocent until proven guilty, I'd REALLY appreciate if people would consider that she was a minor and it can not be consensual in the eyes of the law--ever--if she was 15. So at the same time that I ask you not to condemn him w/o more facts, I BEG you not to make this about the girl. The fact that she was a teenager is the point of the law. It is her protection. I don't care that she waited five years to speak out--if it's the truth--I'm just glad she spoke out at all. Most girls don't. She must be terrified.

Updated On: 12/6/06 at 10:50 AM

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#22b'way beauty sex bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 11:05am

from april:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=892831#2346622

from july:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=904044#2334608

yep, it's amazing that this "news" is shocking people all over again.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#23b'way beauty sex bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 11:08am

If it is true, you have to admire her courage to come forward at all. She is an actress trying to make a career in Musical theater! If this all turns out not to be true, the press usually releases the accuser's name. Eveyone would know. That would be embarassing to say the least.

SorryGrateful
#24b'way beauty sex bust
Posted: 12/6/06 at 11:17am

You're right, memoir, that if it is true, then he is totally at fault and should be punished. But my frustration also lies with the parents who should've known better and not put their daughter in a situation where bad things could happen.

To me it's like if a woman walks down the street wearing a skimpy dress in a bad neighborhood in the middle of the night and gets raped, of course it's not her fault and the men who did it she be put in jail. But she should have enough common sense to not have put herself in that situation. The parents should have had enough sense to keep their daughter close and not trust someone just because he or she is famous.

*waits for everyone to pounce*

ETA: Just to want make it clear that I'm blaming the parents, NOT THE GIRL.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky
Updated On: 12/6/06 at 11:17 AM

Videos