News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DrMonicaDeMoneco

DrMonicaDeMoneco Profile Photo
Member Name: DrMonicaDeMoneco
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 26 2024, 12:20:16 PM

QueenAlice said: "I appreciate that so many here are speaking from the heart of artists and academics, but truly - credit must be given where credit is due-- an if you think like a producer, you can see the greatness about what they have done here. The people behind this show have taken a public domain novel everyone reads (but most don't really remember) and have fixated on the two things the story conjures in most people's minds: the time period and the opulence. They have

HELL'S KITCHEN Previews  Mar 29 2024, 11:31:31 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "This ran about 2:45 tonight. There's a good 15 minutes that truly can and should be shaved off, which I hope they do during the next few weeks.

Look, is this a great show? No. But do I have a great time watching it? Absolutely. Maleah Joi Moon is a star, plain and simple. And she's never really offstage for the entire showso I truly hope she takes care of herself and her voice for this run since this is a huge undertaking for her. Shoshana Be

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 26 2023, 08:26:45 PM

yyys said: "Perhaps it was 10 years too late.

A friend who went recently said it was too idiosyncratic. Perhaps there's really no market for this on Broadway. Perhaps the producers thought David Byrne would sell tickets based on American Utopia. Maybe it's the curse of the Broadway Theater.
"

Agreed.

Too idiosyncratic.

They made a bunch of missteps that have been rehashed here over and over again:

- Thinking there was an sustain

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 26 2023, 01:16:35 PM

Hope the producers have learned a valuable lesson. 
hope other producers take notes 

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 7 2023, 09:48:25 PM

Wayman_Wong said: "I'm so sad the bold and brilliant ''Here Lies Love'' is closing, but I'm also so glad I got to see it multiple times on Broadway and Off-Broadway.

Bravo to the brave producers and everyone onstage and off who brought something so original and unique to the Great White Way.

It will always be one of my favorite all-time musicals, thanks to its thrilling theatricality, amazing music and dazzling design.

As an As

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 7 2023, 03:22:01 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Peppa222 said: "I loved this show but what an example of poor producing."

Oh I disagree. The producers tried every angle to try to generate sales. I don't think this would have fared ANY better with a different producer, with the possible exception of opening in the spring instead of summer. It might hav eclosed more quickly with a producer who couldn't afford to keep it afloat and didn't believe in it.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Oct 31 2023, 11:09:48 AM

Well, I was close with casting on this one.

I said Sutton and Christian Borle. I was half right. 
Whhhhy did they cast a boring actor who has zero charisma to replace Groban?! 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/22/23  Oct 27 2023, 02:47:07 AM

muscle23ftl said: "People are so annoying nowadays. Everyone is playing the I'm a woman and I'm a minority, I'm this and I'm that. The entertainment industry always selects people as they please, and it's a popularity contest. I bet that the sales will go up in any show that let's say Whoopi Golberg joins, because she is famous, she won in this popularity contest called showbiz.

If Jennifer Lopez is ever in a show with 2 unknown white men, and the s

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/22/23  Oct 25 2023, 12:57:11 AM

B212323 said: "muscle23ftl said: "B212323 said: "muscle23ftl said: "Whoever said that Lindsay's fans are buying tickets for Merrily is completely delusional. Daniel's fans and Jonathan's fans you mean. Sorry! She is a talented actress who got very lucky with the shows she booked, but she is not a draw."

I know 3 people who bought tickets expressly to see her because they loved her performance in Carousel (they're older a

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/15/23  Oct 19 2023, 03:24:21 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "Tveit??? Snore. Boring. Completely blah.

Christian Borle & Sutton Foster would be dynamic. To ex’s on stage together…fireworks!
"

Let's just surround Sutton Foster with exes, family, and past costars.

Bobby Cannavale as Sweeney
Christian Borle as Pirelli
Jen Cody & Hunter Foster as Joanna & Antony
Marc Kudisch as the Judge
Roger Ba

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/15/23  Oct 19 2023, 02:22:48 PM

Tveit??? Snore. Boring. Completely blah.

Christian Borle & Sutton Foster would be dynamic. To ex’s on stage together…fireworks!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/15/23  Oct 17 2023, 10:49:51 PM

MrJNLong said: "Wow.

Two Sondheim musicals in the Top 5 grossing shows on Broadway this week. And a third completely new Sondheim show opening Off-Broadway this weekend.

What a time to be alive
"

Um

SHUCKED will close January 14, 2024; TOMMY rumored for the Nederlander  Oct 13 2023, 11:47:34 AM

pablitonizer said: "DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "Not completely surprised. More surprised that HLL hasn’t posted closing"

There's a report on the Washington post aboutits struggles- they will announce a closing date soon
"

I will read that!

SHUCKED will close January 14, 2024; TOMMY rumored for the Nederlander  Oct 13 2023, 02:54:14 AM

Not completely surprised. More surprised that HLL hasn’t posted closing 

Broadwayworld Grosses  Oct 11 2023, 12:00:50 PM

Not sure

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/8/23  Oct 10 2023, 10:54:11 PM

steve.sometime said: "For those wondering where does HLL get the money to keep running, they're clearly going all out on marketing to reach the audiences. There have been multiple TV performances in the past week, David Byrne is doing late night talk show, I've seen YouTube/podcast interviews with Conrad, Arielle, Jose, they got The Black Eyed Peas to do DJ gigs, they put out new ticketing packages. They're fighting to keep it open. And I hope it works!!!"

HHL People Power Disco Hour  Oct 4 2023, 10:35:16 PM

The Producers must have $$$ stashed somewhere because this isn’t cheap to do. To the pay the crew members to stay after is going to be EXPENSIVE. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/1/23  Oct 4 2023, 07:21:53 PM

Charley Kringas Inc said: "I kinda feel like HLL deflated when everyone found out that the music wasn't live (esp with them fighting with the union), but that might just be me."

It’s not just you. The producers pissed off a lot of people for trying it.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/1/23  Oct 4 2023, 01:42:25 PM

BETTY22 said: "HHL are currently looking for more funding to stay open.

They are fighting to save this show.
"

Wow, seriously?

You would think the 400 producers would have come up with a plan months ago to save this show. 
They have made one mis-step after another 

Some Like it Hot to Close on December 30  Oct 2 2023, 03:00:41 AM

austinyourface said: "I think this show needed star-making, must-see leading performances, and it doesn’t seem like, however wonderful their leads are, those performances ever really emerged, even with Ghee winning a Tony."

Agreed 100%

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You