News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for phantom39

phantom39 Profile Photo
Member Name: phantom39
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

London Revival of Anything Goes with Sutton Foster to be filmed?
 Oct 5 2021, 06:09:37 PM

Interesting they're going to try to edit this in less than two months

link

WAITRESS - Pro-Shot Filming Tonight
 Sep 23 2021, 09:37:27 AM

Yes looks like they also filmed closeups without an audience.

Broadway Production of WAITRESS Heading to Streaming - Photos Inside

Sep 15 2021, 01:35:16 AM

I guess that was part of the reason Sutton went through all the trouble of doing this before MUSIC MAN

Sep 14 2021, 12:39:29 PM

Same team that filmed The King and I with Kelli. Hopefully this happens!

Sutton Foster in Anything Goes Rumored to Be Filmed for Release

Hamilton now campaigning for Emmys
 Jul 14 2021, 07:53:05 AM

Um, what are you upset about? You do realize this is not the first time this is happening.. not even the second or third.

Just as one example, in 1985 the filmed stage performance of Sweeney Todd was nominated for 5 Emmy Awards, winning 3, one of them for George Hearn (Outstanding Individual Performance). 

Waitress
 Jul 9 2021, 04:53:22 PM

smidge said: "JDonaghy4 said: "i only saw the show once- great music, otherwise meh- but I can't see Josh Henry or BVD taking on Pommater- its not really a very showy/meaty role? Seems like a waste of their insane talent?

I did get to see Shoshana Bean absolutely tear the roof off the theater early in her run (her voice, while still beautiful, was significantly diminished towards the end of it) and thought she gave a really strong performance over all. Would l

Fruma Sarah: Waiting in the Wings
 Jul 4 2021, 02:49:11 AM

Love Jackie Hoffman and this sounds hilarious. Hopefully reviews are out soon

Phylicia Rashad on Cosby's Release
 Jul 4 2021, 02:45:47 AM

Looks like she deleted the original tweet... Is it available anywhere?

UK's Brooklyn the Musical available to stream through BroadwayHD/Amazon
 Jul 3 2021, 02:09:20 PM

Anybody watched this version or the Broadway show?

This one is cute (and better) version of the 2004 Broadway musical, with an incredible cast (shoutout to Marisha Wallace). They took time to fix some of the plot holes and cut songs that did not fit ("The Truth" and it actually works better now - you can very easily see the contrast between the show and the fairy tale. Could have been a great version if the "orchestra" didn't sound so tinny and synthesized.

Brooklyn the Musical Now Streaming Online Worldwide

Seat Geek is Awful!
 Jul 3 2021, 12:36:13 PM

Can't stand that site, but it's still way better than awful telecharge...

CURSED CHILD to alter BW production
 Jul 3 2021, 06:29:49 AM

Wondering if they'll go for the same one-act shtick in the West End. It's been way more successful there.

Question: Were There Major Changes Made to IN MY LIFE (2005) During Previews?
 Jul 3 2021, 06:16:44 AM

Ah, memories. The singing dead girl that opens the show with a depressing song. The huge piece of cardboard lemon that covers the stage for the finale. The Operatic song in the middle that was completely disconnected from the rest of the score. I wish we had such juicy flops nowadays.

HADESTOWN will return on September 2
 Jul 3 2021, 04:03:32 AM

suicidalmickeymouse said: "https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/Walter+Kerr+Theatre/seating-chart/

For anyone curious about the view they will have, I found this website to be so helpful. Trying out extreme side mezz and from the looks of it it won’t be too bad
"

Thanks for the tip! 

MJ: The Musical will begin this December; opens February 2022
 Jul 3 2021, 03:59:51 AM

I hope this doesn't last long. The MJ show was not doing so well following the Leaving Neverland documentary and had to close eventually. Here's hoping the effect is still there.

TheaterMania Gold Club
 Jul 3 2021, 03:53:13 AM

I'd recommend Play-by-play any day over the Gold Club. Much better offerings in my opinion

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You