Seat Geek is Awful!

BWAY Baby2
#1Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 6:27pm

I was trying to get tickets for Moulin Rouge- and Seat Geek is now the official seller. They do not have a seat map- and there are very limited seats- nothing in the first couple of rows, which is where I want to sit. I bet this is not gonna be good for MR- and Springsteen is also using Seat Geek. I guess it is a cheaper way for the producer to sell tickets- but I do not think it is at all good for the consumer. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#2Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 6:54pm

I too love a seat map and POV pictures, and you can get both by using A View from My Seat, my preferred website for different seating viewpoints at theaters, opera houses, concert halls, stadiums, and arenas. 

As for the first row/few rows, many shows are holding off on selling them for a couple of reasons: 1) they may be offering the seats to frontline workers, and/or 2) social distancing is being implemented between the first row of audience seating and the foot of the stage/orchestra pit (depends on the show's layout). 

Please look at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre on A View from My Seat. There are many viewpoints, especially for the set-heavy Moulin Rouge!.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 6/24/21 at 06:54 PM

FosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
#3Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 7:33pm

Yeah I used A View from my seat before picking my seats for Hadestown when the Amex presale started. It is frustrating you can’t get a better idea of seat location directly on Seat Geek though. Slightly off topic but I’m super annoyed with Seat Geek because I got an email that seats were released for Billy Joel at Comerica Park in Detroit which was scheduled for July 9. I quickly go check and was able to secure 2 seats row 20 center on the field for $350 a piece. I bought them and two hours later it was announced that the concert was postponed until July 2022…

Fagnes Gooch Profile Photo
Fagnes Gooch
#4Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 7:51pm

Man, are they EVER. They Tweeted during the difficulty folks were having (when Springsteen tix went on sale) that the y were committed to having the tix end up in the hands of “real fans”.

But check out how there are a TON of tickets for sale and in large groups together. Seats of four or more in a row are there. You can now buy more than just two tickets (which you couldn’t do the first day of the sale ). AND for almost every performance, the same far right orchestra seats (rows D, E, F, G, H and so on) .

In short, SeatGeek wants you to believe they’re the antithesis to Ticketmaster. But at least Ticketmaster doesn’t really lie about who they are. I’ll take Ticketmaster any day.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 9:00pm

Ummm....I had a seat map when getting my tix for Hadestown.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fagnes Gooch
#6Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 9:26pm

I can see a seat map, too — but it’s a general one on my phone (showing just the areas/sections) whereas on my laptop, it shows the seats and seat numbers, as well.

Weird.

Fagnes Gooch
#7Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 9:26pm

I can see a seat map, too — but it’s a general one on my phone (showing just the areas/sections) whereas on my laptop, it shows the seats and seat numbers, as well.

Weird.

Philly Theater Girl
#8Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 6/25/21 at 6:50am

I've been on Seat Geek a few times - there's a seat map.

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#9Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 7/3/21 at 12:36pm

Can't stand that site, but it's still way better than awful telecharge...

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#10Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 7/6/21 at 8:14am

Taleoftwo said: "Can't stand that site, but it's still way better thanawful telecharge..."

I'll take Telecharge over ANY of the other tickets sellers, any day.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

BWAY Baby2
#11Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 7/6/21 at 11:42am

Me too.

LostWithoutTheater
#12Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 8:13pm

I submitted an exchange request for Hadestown about a month ago and still haven't heard a thing. I've contacted Jujamcyn a few times and am just told that Seat Geek is working on it. In the meantime I see seats disappearing from the date I requested. If I had known it would take this long I wouldn't just bought a new pair and sold the original. It seems like their customer service is MIA. I'll take Telecharge any day over this.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#13Seat Geek is Awful!
Posted: 7/8/21 at 9:35pm

It says you can have your seats refunded until two hours before curtain— I would just cancel and rebuy.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Videos