News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nolan LuPone

Member Name: Nolan LuPone
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

We need to soundproof the theatres  Nov 20 2023, 08:13:03 AM

This isn't an issue with the theaters, this is an issue with the pedicabs. The city of New York should be passing a law on these a-holes.

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Nov 8 2023, 08:20:20 AM

yyys said: "I wanna go back but don't wanna see Charlotte as Roxie.."

Considering her attendance record, that shouldn't be an issue.

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway  Oct 29 2023, 10:05:16 PM

Any word on the next Toby, following Gaten Matarazzo’s departure? I’ll be seeing the show Veterans Day Weekend and am incredibly curious.

THE LITTLE MERMAID – Broadway 2009  Jun 6 2023, 10:00:25 AM

I miss Sherie Rene Scott

King Lear, Kenneth Branagh – The Shed, 2024  Apr 28 2023, 02:18:55 PM

King Lear doesn't have a Lady?

Who will be the next Broadway Madame Rose?  Apr 23 2023, 09:00:15 PM

Can't help but think of Sherie Rene Scott. That would be a magnificent return to Broadway for her!

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Apr 23 2023, 08:55:06 PM

Any word on Marable's performance? I was excited to finally see a fresh face in the role...

Jokes, allusions or references that you didn't get until years later?  Sep 19 2022, 11:25:04 AM

TotallyEffed said: "Nolan LuPone said: ""It has to be grocer, it's green""

Google ‘green grocer.’ :)
"

I did eventually... I just didn't care to think about it until a few months ago

Jokes, allusions or references that you didn't get until years later?  Sep 19 2022, 07:51:35 AM

"It has to be grocer, it's green"

What is the highlight of your theatre going experiences?  Sep 14 2022, 07:00:17 PM

Patti LuPone locking eyes with me during Company

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Sep 7 2022, 08:50:10 AM

kurtal said: "There were a lot of sound cue issues...and some dropped/muffled lines. Nothing major...these things happen...but it was distracting at times."

When I saw the show, David Patrick Kelly dropped a couple of his lines during the Prologue. He was great for the rest of the show, but he certainly had a little trouble with timing during the opening scene.

Megan Hilty’s Sister, Brother in law and Niece Dies in Plane Crash  Sep 6 2022, 03:03:40 PM

What a horrific tragedy, my condolences to their family and friendsheart

How much longer can  Aug 15 2022, 11:07:17 AM

SouthernCakes said: "What makes it so undesirable? It’s the only Broadway theater I’ve never been in."

It’s not about the auditorium of the theater, but the backstage space. There just isn’t enough room for a big musical. Although, the auditorium itself isn’t great either. It’s a weird shape and the side sight-lines are horrible.

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?  Aug 3 2022, 07:41:07 PM

Which Sweeney song?

Have you ever used a clipboard to get into seeing a Broadway show?  Aug 3 2022, 01:15:10 PM

After 16 years, we may finally see the downfall of Brody today! Hurrah!

Chicago: The Musical question  Jul 29 2022, 04:37:45 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find anything answering it.  I was listening to the revival cast recording of Chicago, and noticed the “Ladies and gentlemen…” at the beginning was given by a man. When did this introduction become a speech specifically given by Go-To-Hell-Kitty?

Booing on Broadway  Jul 28 2022, 05:13:00 PM

Wick3 said: "Pence got booed when he attended a performance of HAMILTON.”

The OP requested we don’t mention villains.

Crazy for You (Chichester)  Jul 20 2022, 09:31:59 PM

I did the show in March, and nothing has been added or removed from the song list.

Into The Woods question  Jul 13 2022, 07:09:42 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I was re-watching the old pro shot of Into The Woods in preparation for seeing it next week and realized/remembered that Sleeping Beauty and Snow White have a cameo at the end of the show. Is this done in the new production? If yes, who plays them, and if no, how is their absence dealt with?

Unpleasant theater audiences  Jul 11 2022, 10:58:26 AM

KathyNYC2 said: "Nolan LuPone said: "I’ve been watching a recording of Six on YouTube and I can’t get over how fricking obnoxious the crowd is. Lots of unnecessary whooping and screaming. I kinda wanted to see the show, but now maybe not. Is the audience at Six always like this?"

No, I’m an usher there. For the most part audience cheer at clap at appropriate times, and rarely in the middle of a song. I think matinees are a bit quieter b

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You