News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kwoc91

Member Name: kwoc91
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alex Edelman, Abe Jacob, Nikiya Mathis among winners of special Tony awards.
 May 2 2024, 12:47:26 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "The single best thing happening on a Broadway stage this season was Nikiya Mathis’s hair and wig design for Jaja’s African Hair Braiding, so this is a great choice. I still wish hair and makeup had a category alongside the other technical categories, but it feels correct to honor this particular achievement."

I agree 100% - truly sensational work and some of the wig changes during the show garnered enthusastic applause from th

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL - $69/$49 Flash Sale
 May 2 2024, 11:12:12 AM

Just grabbed a pair for next weekend! This was the exact push I needed to buy tickets. Plenty of seats still available, sadly. Looking forward to a fun time at the theater.

2024 Drama League Award nominations announced
 Apr 22 2024, 12:18:51 PM

I'm personally thrilled to see a Zenzi Williams nomination for Jaja's African Hair Braiding!

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews
 Apr 2 2024, 10:03:04 AM

FANtomFollies said: "Have they re-raked the existing orchestra section? I'm sitting in Row E, which isthe 2nd row of 'real' seats behind the tables and wondering if heads are going to be an issue."

I'm sitting in row E as well and I'm wondering if we had the same thought process! I wanted to be as close as possible, but wasn't interested in the glorified Lunchables snacks and drinks, and was concerned row D would be blocked by the table seats.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews
 Mar 28 2024, 03:35:56 PM

TotallyEffed said: "Do we know what time the house opens?"

My ticket does not include any of the food/drink packages, and on SeatGeek they instructed me to arrive 60 minutes before the performance starts (as well as which door to enter).

LEMPICKA Previews
 Mar 25 2024, 09:35:08 AM

Saw this on Friday night. While it was far from perfect, it's the first new musical I've seen in a while that made me want to listen to the cast recording immediately after getting home (hoping that comes soon!). 

I thought Eden Espinosa really shined in this performance, especially when she's able to utilize her rich lower register, and I also thought she deftly portrayed a complex character who is not 100% likable. However, I texted several friends at interm

Sufjan Stevens & Justin Peck's
 Mar 6 2024, 09:09:16 AM

I saw this last night and thought it was incredible. I'm a huge fan of the album, so I was curious how they would weave together a narrative, but I really thought it worked.

Everything was exceptional - the dancers, the choreography, the band, and the singers. I also thought the use of the minimal set was clever. I was moved to tears at quite a few parts of the show, and I could tell others around me were as well. 

I selfishly hope this extends so I can see it again, bu

Jonah @ Roundabout
 Feb 21 2024, 09:30:10 AM

Saw this last night and agree with the majority of this board's opinions. I did not have an overtly emotional response to it in the moment, but have been thinking about it all night and into this morning. 

I will see anything with Gabby Beans and this cemented that sentiment. She is a STAR. I didn't think there was a weak link in the cast.

My biggest gripe with the play is that it feels the need to explain itself at the end. It did not come across as revelatory

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace
 Feb 7 2024, 05:03:19 PM

I was meant to see the show tonight via Hiptix, but I called Roundabout and they honored an exchange for a future date with no questions asked. I was very pleased with their customer service!

Spamalot Rush Line -- What Time?
 Jan 2 2024, 12:25:08 PM

I rushed this past Wednesday (12/27) - arrived around 9:15am and got the last ticket for the matinee performance. And this was during the peak holiday crowds. I think you'll be more than OK if you get there at 9!

PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC Previews
 Dec 18 2023, 12:34:07 PM

Seeing this next week. Missed it Off-Broadway so I'm very much looking forward to it.

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES musical limited Broadway engagement beginning in January
 Nov 16 2023, 11:04:29 AM

I wonder if any rewrites are happening to give these supporting characters any semblance of presence, depth, or motivation. The show at ATC was really just the Kelli and Brian show.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
 Nov 9 2023, 12:56:44 PM

I am HERE for this casting! Love both of them.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
 Oct 27 2023, 11:14:27 AM

I bit the bullet last night and purchased tickets via the AMEX presale. After looking at the food menu, I decided it really wouldn't be worth it to pay those table/VIP prices, so I "settled" for $299 orchestra tickets slightly behind the tables. I adore Cabaret and there aren't many other shows I would drop that kind of money for, especially this far in advance, but by May I'll have forgotten all about that wink

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/15/23
 Oct 17 2023, 01:41:26 PM

Wowza those Merrily numbers are great!

Here Lies Love continues to struggle. It can't keep this up for much longer, right? 

Hadestown is in a rough spot too. Not sure Jordan Fisher will save those grosses.

JAJA'S AFRICAN HAIR BRAIDING Previews
 Sep 27 2023, 09:17:01 AM

I echo all the praise wholeheartedly and agree with Sutton - run, don't walk!

My personal Tony campaign for Zenzi Williams starts NOW. I'm also hoping it gets recognized for some really impressive design work (sets, costumes) - the set reveal at the top of the show got a round of applause from the audience last night as well. 

By the end of the show, I felt completely immersed in each character's life and story, and did not want to leave...truly impressive for a

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Sep 12 2023, 05:28:19 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Jarrod Spector is expected to debut tonight as King George III, anyone going to the show any time soon and can give a review?"

I'm going Friday! I'll report back.

HERE LIES LOVE Reviews
 Jul 30 2023, 08:03:08 AM

Saw this last night via lottery win. I won the "seated ticket" lottery and was in rear mezz row G. The seat was great for the most part and I didn't feel too removed from the action. I think the rear mezz projection screens were having issues because they were off for a decent chunk of the show.

I've been thinking all night and this morning about how I ultimately feel...I WANT to love it, a lot, but somehow I can't quite land on that conclusion. There is a lot

Back To The Future previews
 Jul 24 2023, 09:23:55 AM

Saw this via lottery win on Saturday night (excellent seats btw, more info in the other thread). My bf and I had an absolute blast! Was not expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, but I left the theater smiling from ear to ear.

The only technical mishap I noticed was a curtain failing to drop all the way, which was fixed during the scene. No glaring issues otherwise. The car did take flight and it was a thrilling moment!

I thought the cast was extremely talented (wow Casey Likes

BACK TO THE FUTURE : Lottery/Rush seats?
 Jul 24 2023, 09:14:54 AM

I won the lottery for the evening show this past Saturday (7/22). I entered early in the morning and was notified I won after the 10am drawing. My seats were Orchestra Right, seats R18-20 and they were excellent! We had a full view of everything and felt close enough to still see facial expressions quite clearly. We had a blast at the show.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You