News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pattilupony

Member Name: pattilupony
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LEMPICKA Previews
 Apr 11 2024, 03:14:07 PM

chrishuyen said: "I heard on an interview with Matt Gould a bit ago that they were adding another song, but when I compared my friend's song list from a few days ago to mine from the third preview I don't think I saw any changes (of course the opening has changed, but it wasn't reflected in the song list), so does anyone know anything about that?"

For two nights last week they replaced Tadeusz's act 1 solo "Wake Up" with another number, simi

MOULIN ROUGE! Reopening Night Thread
 Apr 15 2022, 12:34:47 AM

suicidalmickeymouse said: "When is the last time Natalie performed? Hope she is okay."

She's been posting on instagram about it - seems both her parents have been ill and she herself has had long covid and not been well. According to her post she's doing her better now and she's been in the show the last few days. Wishing her all the best, I fear she has gained a bad reputation from this but I am glad she's feeling better.

Apr 8 2022, 12:45:00 PM

Natalie's attendance is, unfortunately, pretty horrible. However, to your point about trying to see Ashley—it's pretty much an unwritten standard now that Ashley goes on every Tuesday night for Satine. I'd say going on a Tuesday makes it a pretty strong chance you'll see her in the role."

Not unwritten at all - this is announced. Ashley is Satine every Tuesday and then the standby for the other shows. She announces if she's not going to be on on

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
 Mar 15 2022, 12:35:56 AM

blaxx said: "pattilupony said:
Anyone know what happened to Bianca? She just disappeared. Yesterday was supposed to be her final performance."

It sadly looks like Bianca and Charlotte are done with the production, they just can't keep up anymore
"

Bianca is in her forties, and perfectly capable of still handling Velma (and jumping over to the other with a day's notice). Clearly something happened this month but I hope she's al

Mar 14 2022, 03:18:57 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Was Tom Hewitt on as Billy Flynn not too long ago? I would love to see Ryan Silverman or Tony Yazbek as Billy. The news of AFW as a returning Velma was interesting. It is in the best interest of the show to develop new Velmas. Lana Gordon is busy with Hadestown. I'm surprised Terra C hasn't been offered Velma for the most recent availability. There hasn't been a celebrity Velma in eons. It's probably because the role demands a great deal in

Natalie Mendoza in Moulin Rouge?
 Mar 14 2022, 01:44:20 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Natalie is so damn talented, loved seeing her up there with Aaron F (his debut as Christian!) but she takes many, many mental health days. She seems to prioritize the mind, body, soul connection above anything else. As long as her employer is cool with it, I doubt anyone else cares."

She missed most of the month of February, and towards the end of the month it seemed like she was quietly on medical leave. The show doesn't seem to want to announ

Mar 9 2022, 01:02:53 PM

ACL2006 said: "Geez, Bianca sure has been out a lot."

She did an interview a few weeks ago about developing severe vertigo after her bout with covid and spending the holidays in the hospital. That's why she missed most of January and extended her contract the first time. Hope she's alright, sad to think of the long term effects covid might have on these performers who were exposing themselves to it this past year.

Mar 9 2022, 09:56:30 AM

Amra Faye has been back as Velma the past two nights. Wonder if Bianca will be back at all to finish out her last week, but if they brought Amra in I suspect she might not be.

Mar 6 2022, 10:00:33 PM
ACL2006 said: "So did Charlotte return on Monday or not?"

She definitely was on Monday night... but not sure how many she did after that. She's definitely been out since at least Friday as has Bianca.

Mar 2 2022, 01:20:13 PM

Bianca is also leaving March 13. Any word on who's replacing her? Please not AFW....

Feb 25 2022, 02:29:49 PM

ACL2006 said: "I'm guessing Charlotte is going to be leaving the show then? With just 19 shows on Broadway this month, Chicago can't capitalize on the lack of options. I think it's time for the producers to consider closing it up."

Charlotte posted on her instagram yesterday that she returns to Chicago on Monday. But not sure for how long? 

Feb 22 2022, 02:32:13 PM

Hairspray0901 said: "WldKingdomHM said: "How many performances does Natalie actually do a week? I feel like Ashley is on most of the time via her insta stories"

Unsure but I did see they hired a Satine understudy. On Tilly Evans Krueger’s Instagram Live on Sunday, she showed an actress - I don’t remember her name - but Tilly & Cast kept referring to her as the new girl. She was sitting backstage with them and people in the comments were a

"Moulin Rouge" and Ariana DeBose on "The View" this morning
 Feb 22 2022, 11:49:09 AM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Not to badmouth Natalie at all (I quite liked her in the role at the Hirschfeld), but she took several performances off last week leading up to their performance on The View. Aaron did the whole week, including a two-show day the day before their televised performance.

I truly don't understand how Aaron has been able to maintain such a vocally strong and consistent performance since the show started years ago. His stellar attendance is also tr

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Feb 19 2022, 02:27:04 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "They brought back Alyssa fox literally so Jennifer could stand in for Lindsay."

They brought Alyssa back again last month to standby for Lindsay because Jenny had Covid. 

Why are DEH Tickets So Cheap?
 Feb 18 2022, 03:02:38 PM

lukeworsham said: "Was just perusing ticket sites in prep for a May NYC trip, and I noticed that tickets to DEH when I'll be in town are extraordinarily cheap. You can sit virtually anywhere in the Music Box outside of premium for just over $100, even the front row. Not even Phantom is that cheap.

What's up with that?
"

The front row has always been one of the cheapest price points at DEH. The stage is excruciatingly high, those seats are terrible.&

Feb 15 2022, 10:49:28 AM

Yeah, I think it might be time for Amra to call it a day on this one. Bianca leaves the show mid March and knowing her relationship with the show I won't be surprised to see her become the new go-to Velma when they need a veteran to hold down the fort.

NYC Theater Discord Server
 Feb 14 2022, 08:46:47 PM

I'm not tech savvy enough to start a server, lol, but I'm in if someone else makes one!

Feb 14 2022, 08:37:31 PM

veronicamae said: "Did you search "Broadway"? It literally comes right up: Joshua's Musical Cove.

Update: I already left it, the audience is extremely young (majority under 20) and it's not at all theater-centric in the way I think we would want it to be.
"

Oh, I did see that one, but I was hoping there was one that was specific to NYC based or frequent theatergoers. Maybe someone else here knows of one :)

Feb 14 2022, 08:35:40 PM

Pine-Sol Scented Air said: "Is Charlotte D'Amboise returning to Velma, or did Amra take it over permanently?"

Officially, Charlotte D'Amboise is playing Roxie right now, and Bianca Marroquin is Velma. Charlotte has a hamstring injury so Bianca has been covering Roxie and Amra covering Velma. I haven't heard anything about Charlotte pulling out permanently, and her poster is still outside the theatre and name in the playbill. 

Feb 14 2022, 08:31:36 PM

veronicamae said: "One (1) comes up if you do a search under Discover - just joined it myself to see how annoying (or not) it is."

What's it called, I don't see one. and if anyone else knows of one I'd be interested to know as well!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You