News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for B212323

Member Name: B212323
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 8 2024, 12:02:16 AM

EDSOSLO858 said: "HenryTDobson said: "Six is also starting to struggle. Do we think it'll close soon and move off-Broadway? Moulin Rouge is still selling super well - do they currently have a famous person in the cast? I didn't think so..."

Boy George departs the Broadway company on Sunday.
"

Ohhhh that's good to know! 

Balcony experience at Merrily?  May 6 2024, 01:22:05 AM

I was in the 4th to last row of the center balcony and the only thing I missed were the heads of the band - but saw all the action on stage perfectly.  The rake is steep at the Hudson so unless you’re on the very far left or right you don’t miss anything. 

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 4 2024, 12:16:57 PM

That’s why her nomination was so surprising to me. You’d think singing on key would be the floor for performing on Broadway. 

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 03:26:48 PM

Any rumors/guesses who will be playing Mercutio? Nurse? Surely Sam Gold has his favorites...

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 7 2024, 12:24:30 AM

QueenAlice said: "My point being that if they are recording an album of the show's music, the songs are all going to be very short unless they are augmented for the recording."

They've already recorded it and are calling it an EP. Hopefully they'll release it close to when the Tony nominations are announced '

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 7 2024, 12:20:50 AM

KevinKlawitter said: "The Distinctive Baritone said: "For any Chekhov fans who haven’t seen it, I highly recommend the Conor McPherson version with Toby Jones.They filmed it onstage in an empty theater after it was shut down by COVID. The acting is exceptional and McPherson does a great job of making the language sound contemporary.

Wish I could see this version - Steve Carrell is a perfect Vanya I’m sure.
"

Hugh Bonneville will be starring in a production of McPhereson's Vanya as part ofBerkeley Rep's 24-25 Season
"

and in Washington DC next spring 

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 7 2024, 12:16:35 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "B212323 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "At a $19.5 million capitalization, this show wasnevergoing to recoup, so now it's just a matter of seeing exactly how much it loses."

19.5????? Cabaret is 24 and they literally rebuilt the theater interior and have a movie star attached for 6 months. Who signed off on that figure?!
"

I was told a number that’s SIGNIFICANTLY higher than 24 for &ldqu

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 6 2024, 09:25:40 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Rehearsals are scheduled to start on Monday, so I'm hoping for a cast announcement."

Any casting rumors other than Solea? 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 6 2024, 09:20:42 PM

Ensemble1696584123 said: "They've extended a bit, and wouldn't be surprised to see them extend further. From the site.

Eddie Redmayne and Gayle Rankin star as the Emcee and Sally Bowles through Saturday, September 14, 2024. All star absences will be posted on the specific SeatGeek performance page. Casting for performances beginning September 16, 2024 will be announced soon.

Eddie won't too many other commitments - Gayl

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 6 2024, 09:14:18 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "At a $19.5 million capitalization, this show was never going to recoup, so now it's just a matter of seeing exactly how much it loses."

19.5????? Cabaret is 24 and they literally rebuilt the theater interior and have a movie star attached for 6 months. Who signed off on that figure?!

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 4 2024, 06:03:08 PM

starlightexpress2 said: "Is there any chance that they'll extend the run? Going to NY in November and kinda bummed I'll miss this. It's a pretty short run already so I'm guessing that even if they did it wouldn't be long enough for me to see it."

This immediately became the frontrunner for Best Play at the Tonys so I can't imagineit will close in July if it wins a slew of awards. I'm guessing the cast has extensions to  Labo

SMASH Reading Lottery  Feb 11 2024, 11:28:00 PM

MemorableUserName said: "Hopefully she was wearing a terrible scarf..."

Best laugh I've had in weeks! 

Tyne Daly Withdraws From DOUBT, Amy Ryan To Replace  Feb 8 2024, 12:40:54 AM

ColorTheHours048 said: "yyys said: "wonder if Amy Ryan has a big draw? I only know her from The Wire."

Not that I’m representative of anything but my own opinion, but I wasn’t really interested in seeing this, but I amveryinterested now.
"

Same! 

Isn't it about time for a major Broadway revival of DREAMGIRLS?  Jan 26 2024, 03:14:28 PM

morosco said: "Alex Newell must play Effie.

I Am Changing
"

The west end production starring Amber Riley was supposed to transfer but the shutdown foiled those plans 

PATRIOTS to open at the Barrymore Theatre for 12 Week Run beginning April 1st, 2024  Jan 24 2024, 10:25:57 PM

Bummed Tom Hollander isn't transferring with it. 

Funniest Lyrics  Jan 20 2024, 12:40:17 AM

Alex Kulak2 said: "What are some of the funniest lyrics you've encountered in a musical?

For me, I've always been partial to "The Last One You'd Expect" fromGentleman's Guide.

"Only two people left still alive who stand between the Earldom and Me"

*Lord Asquith Dysquith dies of a heart attack*

"...Only one person left still alive who stands between the Earldom and Me"
"

Funniest Lyrics  Jan 20 2024, 12:36:48 AM

Bill Snibson said: ""You Can Always Count on Me" from City of Angels "a girl with a face that says welcome that men can wipe their feet on...""

Ohhh good one! I also like "I woke up only slighted shocked that I defrocked a priest". 

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Jan 17 2024, 11:39:14 AM

Melissa25 said: "Preview pricing ($120, $80, $40) on Telecharge now 4/3 - 4/18. Just got two decent orchestra seats for $80 each. I’m happy.

Preview period also has shows on Mondays as well as all days 7pm /1pm start.
"

7pm every evening is a DRAG for me - I can never get out of work that early so my only choices now are Saturdays - at least one night a week should be 8pm 

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Jan 9 2024, 12:40:14 AM

Dave13 said: "If Victoria Clark takes of a show, do we know what days it is? I am planning seeing it on a Sunday night, but I tend to think that is iffy for any lead. I also want to see Bonnie as well."

Victoria is off Tuesday and Sunday evenings with the new schedule ( no Wednesday matinees since new years) 

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?  Jan 4 2024, 09:38:25 PM

WldKingdomHM said: "Well there goes Nicole’s Tony Award"

I just said the same to my friend when I read the news (I'm guessing the Sunset announcement is why they dropped this tidbit today) 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You