News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for UWS10023

UWS10023 Profile Photo
Member Name: UWS10023
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  May 1 2024, 06:56:06 AM

getatme said: "Jonathan Groff is giving probably my favorite musical performance of the season, and possibly one of the best I've seen in a long time and I'm thrilled he was recognized with a nomination. I'm very hopeful that this is finally his time, it will be well-deserved.

Also very pleased by Joshua Boone's nomination, saw The Outsiders again over the weekend and he's just explosive up on that stage.
"

Agreed. I hope he wins. Such a

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 10:40:45 PM

Oh I see. Thanks.

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 10:07:36 PM

I was one of the first to predict ( in the Vanya thread) a nomination for William Jackson Harper in Uncle Vanya who gave a charismatic performance. I am so happy to see that my prediction come true. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 09:54:37 PM

How is it decided that a production will not be nominated in a category that has only a few nominations? Examples: Uncle Vanya or the Wiz?

MOTHER PLAY seating question  Apr 22 2024, 01:18:05 PM

D6 orchestra obstructed view was good. Very little was obstructed. Boy those seats are tiny. A guy was behind me with his dog. That must have been uncomfortable. 

MOTHER PLAY Previews  Apr 22 2024, 12:23:47 AM

I felt like this would have worked better as an Off Broadway production perhaps somewhere like the Mitzi Newhouse where the set design was sparse. I thought the writing was so so and predictable. The direction and transitions were somewhat clunky. I would have cut the 10 minutes with Jessica not saying a word for we already knew everything she was communicating. I did not understand why they were not using liquid in the drink glasses and handling them like they were empty. If the reason was t

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 11 2024, 01:51:37 AM

I thought William Jackson Harper gave the most engaging performance of the evening. He was charismatic and interesting to watch. He will be in line for a Tony nomination. One very minor costume note would be to scruff up his boots. 

Some of the scene work felt a little flat and I felt some of the speaking  cues needed to be picked up. It was like the actors at times got caught up in the tone of the play which in turn robbed them of their energy. At times the

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 8 2024, 05:00:41 PM

I very much enjoyed the Cate Blanchett production at NY City Center. Richard Roxburgh was excellent.

MOTHER PLAY seating question  Apr 3 2024, 05:01:21 PM

I have bought the cheaper seat against the wall down front and have been very happy. But I cannot speak to the set design or staging for this particular play. But I have reserved another cheaper seat for a preview performance.

Christopher Durang Dead at 75  Apr 3 2024, 04:58:29 PM

One of my favorites! I am sure he will spice things up in the afterlife. RIP

John Cardoza held at gunpoint, Michael Stuhlbarg attacked with a rock  Apr 2 2024, 11:14:16 PM

I must say that Michael has gotten a ton of press over this. Every news outlet I normally read has ran the story. It probably is the most picked up park story since Kevin called the police after his cell phone was taken while he was walking his dog at three in the morning.

UNCLE VANYA Previews  Apr 1 2024, 03:12:18 PM

I do not think there is an invited dress. They probably wanted another rehearsal.

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Mar 15 2024, 03:10:00 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "I don’t think even awful reviews will hurt this show."

Sad but true. I don’t think it will have a long life however.

The great Steve Lawrence has passed away at 88  Mar 8 2024, 12:13:53 AM

I adored him! Loved him on The Carol Burnett Show! RIP

LCT's UNCLE VANYA will star Steve Carell, Alison Pill, William Jackson Harper, Alfred Molina and Anika Noni Rose  Mar 6 2024, 03:26:44 PM

The only problem with projections is that you cannot see them when sitting off to the side in the 100 or 500’s. 

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Mar 5 2024, 11:08:53 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "UWS10023 said: "In regards to the NY Stage review I think the mission of Encores has changed. The changes have been publicly stated as well as written about by the artistic director. The mission echos the mission of the theatre in general."

This is all true, though the function of Encores within NYCC has also changed. What started as "hey this would be a fun way to fill a theatre with lesser-known shows for 3 weekends

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 22 2024, 11:21:13 PM

In regards to the NY Stage review I think the mission of Encores has changed. The changes have been publicly stated as well as written about by the artistic director. The mission echos the mission of the theatre in general.

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC  Feb 22 2024, 04:27:58 PM

Huss417 said: "What was the running time of the show?"

The running time is 2 hours and 20 minutes. The first act is much longer than the second.

Me thinks this is a show that benefits from a critic’s seat. I have not seen it yet,  but I have heard varied opinions.

MERRILY WE ROLL tALONG Reviews  Feb 8 2024, 11:37:50 PM

I thought it was a splendid production. Well directed and acted. Past productions I have seen have had me looking at my watch. This was far superior. There has been a trend on Broadway in recent years that every show gets a standing ovation, I think primarily because people have spent so much money. But for this production it was well deserved. I think it will be nominated for a healthy amount of Tony awards. Groff will be hard to beat.

APPROPRIATE Transferring to the Belasco  Feb 8 2024, 11:29:41 PM

I said it should transfer in the original thread and some posters jumped all over me inferring I did not know what I was talking about.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You