News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for UWS10023

UWS10023 Profile Photo
Member Name: UWS10023
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 27 2024, 11:32:48 PM

Borle can be surprising while Andrew is somewhat limited. I wonder though if there was more to the story than a pay dispute. Especially since he probably would have secured a Tony nomination given he was nominated for an Olivier award.

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 13 2024, 01:07:15 AM

There was no cameo at the dress or at the opening night performance. I have not heard that there will be a cameo every night but I thought Peter Stone was alive and at the dress so I very well could be wrong. 

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 12 2024, 12:47:21 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "UWS10023 said: "I believe the book writer was also in attendance."

The bookwriter has a name (Peter Stone) and he died in 2003.
"

I am so humiliated. Thank you for putting me in my place with your usual sarcasm.

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 12 2024, 12:49:41 AM

UWS10023 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "In regards to stagedoor, I think that's to the left of the entrance? Someone correct me if I'm wrong! IF people come out, I think it's there, but it might also be around the corner, kind of like the Hudson Theater stagedoor"

The stage door is on W 56th where as the entrance is on W 55th. You can get there from inside the theatre. The vocals were quite good during the dress. The staging is more presentational than the usual Encores productions of late. Many members of the original cast were there. A photo was taken of them but I do not know if it has been published. Maury Yeston was there and I believe the book writer was also in attendance.

The photo I referred to is on the NY City Center Instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/NYCityCenter/

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 11 2024, 04:34:22 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "In regards to stagedoor, I think that's to the left of the entrance? Someone correct me if I'm wrong! IF people come out, I think it's there, but it might also be around the corner, kind of like the Hudson Theater stagedoor"

The stage door is on W 56th where as the entrance is on W 55th. You can get there from inside the theatre. The vocals were quite good during the dress. The staging is more presentational than the usual Encores pr

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 7 2024, 12:24:07 AM

Someone was saying that they are borrowing the ship from a recent production of The King and I at the Vivian Beaumont Theatre in New York City.

Why is Merrily Closing?
 May 24 2024, 02:20:33 PM

Does anyone know if they considered keeping it going with another cast?

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 May 22 2024, 03:10:00 PM

Looks like Love Life is only one week which is wise financially. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 May 22 2024, 03:05:28 PM

I hope Mark Umbers does more musical theatre. I would love to see him onstage. He was quite good in the production but I would also  give a tiny leg up to Groff. But then I am such a fan. Groff has had good teachers along the way. He very keenly used his personal experiences to inhabit the character. I wonder if Umbers came to NYC to see the current production? Me thinks he probably did. One great visual with him was his use of his long arms wrapping around his two friends when thei

May 21 2024, 03:45:27 PM

Wick3 said: "UWS10023 said: "https://youtu.be/IqPPzvk7nPg?si=skkx2DR8oMKM-JVH

A must watch. The Chocolate Factory 2012 production. Same director, staging, set design and concept. A handsome leading man and talented female lead. Filmed with a live audience so some of the acting feels a little pushed at times and some accents are over the top but the production has the clarity of the current Broadway production. Preferred Radcliffe for he was more endearing. Groff was a stronger actor but Mark Umbers is impressive. Enjoy!
"

I preferred Damian Humbley over Daniel Radcliffe but to each his own.
This was pretty much the same production in Boston back in Sept 2017 starringMark Umbers, Damian Humbley, and Eden Espinosathat unfortunately did not sell (my orchestra ticket cost $25)…. though I loved loved that production.

I thought Humbley was not fully present when he was not directly involved in the dialogue. It was like he was elsewhere and jumped back into character when it was time to speak. I was not familiar with Mark Umbers. He got grayer as his journey with the production progressed. I wonder if the director considered him for the Broadway production or if she thought he had aged out. Perhaps she wanted more of a name. A search on the internet for basic personal information comes up empty. Not even a presence on Instagram.

"

May 21 2024, 03:54:24 AM

https://youtu.be/IqPPzvk7nPg?si=skkx2DR8oMKM-JVH

A must watch. The Chocolate Factory 2012 production. Same director, staging, set design and concept. A handsome leading man and talented female lead. Filmed with a live audience so some of the acting feels a little pushed at times and some accents are over the top but the production has the clarity of the current Broadway production. Preferred Radcliffe for he was more endearing. Groff was a stronger actor but Mark Umbers is impressive. Enjoy!

re: City Center seating
 May 21 2024, 03:26:24 AM

The proscenium arch cuts off anything upstage stage right or left so seats far left or right in the house are not very good on all levels. The theatre was not originally built as one so it has sightline issues. Those seats often give you a view of performers leaving the stage and going “off” character or waiting in the wings. The upper mezzanine and upper balcony seats can be frustrating if there is a scrim, film screen or high platforms on the stage.

Rule of thumb. Shoot f

Anyone Watching Elsbeth?
 May 20 2024, 09:01:40 PM

I find the program to be redundant. Each episode is storyboarded in the same way. We witness the murder. Elsbeth realizes out who did it very quickly and then spends the rest of the program trying to prove it. I prefer the who done it format where there are several suspects and things unfold as the hour progresses. I think the backstory of her character needs to be expanded and they need to bring in her son and other family members. They also could do 2 or 3 episode arcs focusing on

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 19 2024, 11:29:00 AM

Three hours! The poor staff!

Follies inspired skit on SNL
 May 19 2024, 11:21:31 AM

I would have put it in a higher key to give it more if a tenor vibe, it seemed a little low for him.

The character actor skit was cute. They could have taken it further.

Jake is better when he does not try too hard. He certainly is a good sport.

HOME Previews
 May 17 2024, 11:31:51 PM

Has this been up on TKTS? 

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 May 17 2024, 11:21:29 PM

Impeach2017 said: "She is certainly keeping busy. While her friend gets his affairs in order, she is hopping on any and all projects."

You seem to be talking in code.  I can venture a guess but may I please have one more hint.

This transfer has been rumored for a while and even received a mention in The NY Times not too long ago. I will bet a dollar that Harriet Harris will do the transfer. I think a richer set design and some cutting would enhance th

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 15 2024, 12:17:38 PM

They did The Wild Party not that long ago for summer Encores.

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination
 May 1 2024, 06:56:06 AM

getatme said: "Jonathan Groff is giving probably my favorite musical performance of the season, and possibly one of the best I've seen in a long time and I'm thrilled he was recognized with a nomination. I'm very hopeful that this is finally his time, it will be well-deserved.

Also very pleased by Joshua Boone's nomination, saw The Outsiders again over the weekend and he's just explosive up on that stage.
"

Agreed. I hope he wins. Such a

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 10:40:45 PM

Oh I see. Thanks.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You