News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Huckster2

Member Name: Huckster2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 May 2 2024, 08:51:46 PM

I am not understanding the hate some have for BTTF.  I understand that not every one likes a show. I get that. But it seems this show is always at the brunt of jokes from those who do not like more than any other shows.  so it is not the dislike of the show it self, but rather the attempts to continue to bring up those options at any time 
it reminds me of NFL fans and the Cowboys. You are either like then or you end your comments  with “Dallas Sucks”

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/19/23
 Nov 24 2023, 08:09:31 AM

RippedMan said: "Make a profit. Right now it’s skating by."

From what I see as the rumored weekly cost, it appears Bttf to be on a 18 to 24 month recoup path. So does the length of recoupment change the overall description of being a hit?  

or a other way to ask, how much profit, or percent of profit, weekly does a show have to make, to not be considered “skating by”. I would think profit, is profit. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/24/23
 Sep 28 2023, 02:45:27 PM

JSquared2 said: "Huckster2 said: "Unless we are producers, i not sure any of us know the true running cost of any show, especially now-a-days with the cost of everything But producers don’t make any money until investors are paid back in full.

Sorry, but that's just plain wrong. The "lead" producer(s) get a weekly producing fee, and very often also a weekly office fee. Not a ton of money, but they could easily get $10K-$15K pe

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/24/23
 Sep 28 2023, 02:11:10 PM

Unless we are producers,  i not sure any of us know the true running cost of any show, especially now-a-days with the cost of everything But producers don’t make any money until investors are paid back in full.  So shows even with a minimum profit will stick in it for the long hall. I would think a new show wouldn’t expect anything better than 18 to 24 recoup.  I think the, producers, would be happy with that 
One other revenue stream Bttf would have a bet

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/17/23
 Sep 19 2023, 02:29:03 PM

RippedMan said: "Saddens my heart that crap shows like Back to the Future are thriving but the new interesting musicals are all struggling."

Interesting take that you are “sadden” that ANY show “thrives “.  I would think as a fan you would be rooting for the industry a whole.  And maybe is it time to reevaluate your qualifications of a a show being  “crap” or one that is “interesting”.  Maybe fans li

Back To The Future: Any Gunshots/Pyro/Loud Noises?
 Sep 1 2023, 03:53:01 PM

the return to 1985 has some pryo

Back To The Future: Any Gunshots/Pyro/Loud Noises?
 Aug 29 2023, 01:49:03 PM

no gunshots, but i would say yes to other loud sounds, and one use of pyro.

if you know the movie...the opening scene with the guitar/speaker may be loud.

delorean coming and going maybe loud and one thing of pyro.

cant remember but there may have been thunder clasps during the storm as well.

BACK TO THE FUTURE Reviews
 Aug 6 2023, 11:48:17 AM

BJR said: "Creepy??

Y'all heard of Oedipus?
"

Right. Well, i am guessing almost all of Avenue Q  would be cringe in today's world.

Aug 5 2023, 10:01:31 PM

in the NY times review is says:

"suggests that a white boy introduced “Johnny B. Goode” three years before a Black man actually wrote it. suggests that a white boy introduced “Johnny B. Goode” three years before a Black man actually wrote it."

Fact. the part about calling Chuck Berry was not in the musical. so no it did not suggest anything. Also, even with the movie, who have ever thought that was what Bob Gale was saying here? Never heard that comment in the last 38 years since the movie came out. With that theory, I guess Forrest Gump really did invent or create also most everything as the running scene implies.

Another fun part of a review by Erin Strecker, IndieWire

"When a teenage version of Marty’s mom Lorraine finds Marty in her bed, she sings an original song, “Pretty Baby,” a doo-wop ‘50s number with lyrics like, “Did you come to save me/ My pretty baby/ Oh how you drive me crazy.” It’s played for silly laughs, but an already uncomfortable scene in a film takes on an even odder feel when it’s playing out right in front of you" 

Wow if two non-related Actors in a time traveling (which isn't real Erin) show makes you feel that uncomfortable with some on screen flirting that it worth writing as a negative, I would love to see their options on some other shows throughout the years. 

Aug 4 2023, 01:01:20 AM

Just saw the show on opening night. Loved it. It seems that everyone in the audience that I could see from my seat, loved it. So in these reviews, I wonder if these “critics” went into this not-wanting to even like it.  I don’t get the critics complaining about the “book” from the guy who wrote the movie. What were they expecting? Him to rewrite whole movie or give us what we know? As for the music, it does take multiplie listeners (via the soundtrack) to re

Back To The Future previews
 Jul 18 2023, 02:32:39 PM

In reading through this thread in advance of finally seeing the show next month, I see a few references to the show being  like something in a theme park or a theme park ride . I assume this is supposed to be negative, and a shot at the show, but it actually makes me want to see it even more. Sounds like I won’t fall asleep like during Cats, or bored out my mind from seeing Dear Evan Hansen. 

so thanks. I feel even better about special a good amount of money

BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
 Mar 12 2023, 01:43:16 PM

Ok. so some of you did a great job of predicting Casey Likes for Marty. So where do you see, or hope, they go for Lorraine and Goldie? The next two big cast members.  i would. expect there will not be a special announcement for these roles  but we will be announced with the entire company. I would assume early May about when rehearsals begin

Mar 1 2023, 11:24:29 PM

Songs are serviceable. Tech and specials affects where the show shines. 
But even the songs become memorable on multiple listens..just like any other musical with original music. I mean I left hamilton  not knowing most of the words to the songs, until I listened to it multiple times afterwards. Also, don’t think Bttf songs were written to stand.on their own. Just to be song on stage. Plus you do have the 3 songs rom the movie. So it is not like you won’t know any s

Feb 28 2023, 09:25:15 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Has anyone heard anything about who's playing Marty?"

Major cast announcement will be made tomorrow, Wednesday, March 1st during the broadcast of Good Morning America.

New Marty expected to be introduced!

Feb 5 2023, 08:52:16 PM

so we are less than 5 months to previews for BTTF. Anyone still have thoughts on who may, or should. play Marty and/or Lorraine? 

we already know Roger Bart is coming back to the US to continue to play Doc, and Hugh Coles (whatsonstage award winning) is coming over to play George.

Would have to assume Marty and the others to be announced soon. Any guesses?

Previous suggestion have Casey Likes. is he available now that Almost Famous has closed?

Jul 1 2022, 12:43:05 AM

I was trying to think who would be good in some the main roles when BTTF comes to Broadway in 2023

Lets assume that NONE of the current West End cast (or understudies) comes over, who would be good for the parts? I am not very knowledge all the other performers currently on Broadway, so I don't have many opinions but would like to hear if any of you have any thoughts on who would be good in the roles. (also availability not being an issue)  Don't want to get into rumors of

2022-2023 Broadway Season
 Mar 13 2022, 05:57:21 PM

any one know About The Whos Tommy? thought i was to start in 2021 but cant find it anywhere now

BACK TO THE FUTURE - West End
 Mar 13 2022, 05:11:11 PM

Show is getting rave reviews in London, and includes a Best new Musical Olivier nom. It already took home the award for best new musical in a fan online vote (Whats on stage awards) beating Frozen and the Disney fans.

Hugh Coles is outstanding George and he too won the fan vote for supporting actor on the Whats on stage awards. Next up for him was a Olivier award nom. 

The soundtrack. i been listening to this since Friday. it does take a few listens to enjoy more than just

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You