News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Peppa222

Member Name: Peppa222
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 08:48:03 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Ok, I didn't realize Marty had announced that already. Thanks. I know Gabi Campo and Paige Smallwood are the Sally understudies, so it might beone of them."

I just went back to look at Marty's post and the caption was edited and now reads "Victor, Emcee u/s" so maybe I misspoke.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 07:26:18 PM

"Will the Emcee/Sally alternates starting in June come from the existing cast's understudies, or should we be expecting 2 new additions?"

I believe they're in-cast. I know Marty Lauter (aka Marcia Marcia Marcia from RuPaul's Drag Race) announced they are the Emcee alternate for Mondays on Instagram when the cast was revealed. They play Victor normally.

Not sure about Sally. 

Rumor - A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Broadway Revival 2025
 Mar 24 2024, 09:22:46 PM

I'm pretty sure this isn't true but at the same time, Jamie Lee Curtis schmoozed and networked her way into an Oscar she didn't deserve based on good-will and legacy, so her finding a producer for this wouldn't shock me. Not to mention, it would absolutely sell. Weirder things have happened! 

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26
 Nov 7 2023, 12:41:20 PM

I loved this show but what an example of poor producing. Do we think it will be remembered come Tonys time, or will it just be too crowded of a season? 

Who could replace Josh Groban?
 Sep 30 2023, 09:01:31 PM

I thought of Awkwafina but I'm not sure she could handle the score nor do I think her casting would move tickets. I saw a lot of suggestions on social media that it may be Queen Latifah (rapper/has voiced characters in all the Ice Age movies). It's not the first role that I'd imagine her in but it would definitely pique my interest!

Hilty, Simard, and More Will Lead a Private Reading Of DEATH BECOMES H
 Sep 6 2023, 12:01:47 PM

This is one of my all-time favorite films. I doubt the humor itself is too niche as the film is a camp classic because of how theatrical and stylized the performances come off; if anything it's a more natural fit for the theatre. Whether or not the title will encourage ticket sales for the general public outside of gay men and film cultists, I couldn't say. 

I just hope they don't try to overly futz with it or lean too heavily into the zany that it becomes something el

SPAMALOT To Play The St James This Fall
 Aug 1 2023, 03:39:07 PM

^ It's heavily rumored that only Kritzer & Urie are transferring from DC with the rest of the leading roles padded with big names. We'll see. 

Lillias White in Hadestown??
 Jul 18 2023, 08:44:52 PM

She sings main vocals in about 3-4 songs throughout the evening, but I wouldn't say any of it is out of Betty's range. I'm more interested to see what she does acting wise and she's such a departure from previous interpretations. 

Cabaret on Broadway
 Jun 15 2023, 11:14:54 PM

Jessice Buckley is an Oscar nominated film actress who just won a whole slew of other honors this past year for her performance in Women Talking. She's very in demand in the film world currently, so it's far from shocking she's not coming along. 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Jun 14 2023, 12:18:29 AM

To be fair, Jordan stated in his Instagram post about leaving the show that his exit date has been planned since the very beginning. I imagine there would be a lot more gossip and hubub from other sources if that weren't the case. 

Anyone seeing a first performance post-Tony win tonight?
 Jun 14 2023, 12:07:57 AM

Do you think babies just magically appear? His wife has been pregnant since this show has gone into previews. I'm sure I do not have to explain how that could be a sensitive time for an inumberale amount of reasons. I'm glad the production gave him a cover.

Tony Voters
 Jun 11 2023, 07:49:28 PM

Nominators and Tony voters are two seperate pools. Nominating comitte is roughly 50 people and Tony Voters are around 800. 

Tony Voters
 Jun 11 2023, 07:22:34 PM

I thought nominators were invited after opening but not Tony voters?

Tony Voters
 Jun 11 2023, 07:11:35 PM

There are over 800 Tony Voters, who live all over the country,  and they are not invited to see shows until after nominations are out. This means any category where a show that closed pre-May is in contention can't be voted on by most voters, leaving a small handful of people deciding the award. It was a huge problem last year with some awards only being voted on by an extremely small percentage of the voters. This was their solution. It was a smart choice.

Billie Eilish in Spring Awakening?
 Jun 5 2023, 09:54:57 AM

Billie just had a small acting role on Amazon's "SWARM". She played a cult leader for an episode and gave a rather solid performance and even got some nice notices in official reviews. It certainly made me more interested in what else she could do acting-wise. 

Walking Out at Intermission - The Thread
 May 15 2023, 10:41:24 PM

I left Frozen at intermission. I saw Let It Go, that was enough for me frankly. 

I am a little more ashamed to admit I left KPOP at intermission. It was a very sparsely attended show and the majority of the audience were extremely not into it, with a select few trying to make up for it by overperforming their enjoyment. It was extremely uncomfortable. I stepped outside at intermission and never found my way back in.

WGA strike impact on the 2023 Tonys
 May 13 2023, 01:10:51 PM

"But the reporting says that the WGA is blocking the broadcast. It’s not saying that Broadway League or CBS is cancelling the broadcast because of an absence of writers. So, why is The View allowed to move forward without writers?"

There are many WGA members who are also nominated for Tonys. It becomes an issue of picketing/crossing a picket line and you'd end up having an awards show where very few of the nominees/winners show up or perform. It'd be a worse PR

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
 May 3 2023, 02:34:41 PM

"I assume one was A Strange Loop .  What was the other?  I assume Fun Home, with a lot less confidence that I am right."

I'm pretty sure Fun Home recouped. I believe the two are Strange Loop and Passion. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 18 2023, 03:29:02 PM

My biggest worry was her soprano but she sounds great. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 17 2023, 04:16:28 PM

Found another shot; overheard of them filming her entrance/No One Mourns.

https://twitter.com/KyBett/status/1648051854276808733/photo/1

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You