News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for verywellthensigh

Member Name: verywellthensigh
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 16 2024, 08:02:13 PM

The trailer is slick, but I think it just may be too late for Wicked.  All I can think of is when The School for Good and Evil came out all anyone could say is "we've seen this material", comparing it to Harry Potter.  The popular princess blonde, the school to learn magic, the villain origin story...it's just all been done and done and done.

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 16 2024, 03:16:01 PM

Burrs is a blackface performer.  It's a part of the fabric of vaudeville--and therefore American--culture, whether we like it or not.  To cut it would be beyond cowardly.

Adam Guettel deserves to win
 May 11 2024, 07:19:31 PM

I imagine he will.  He's Broadway royalty and the show was an underdog.  I don't think Sucks has a chance.

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 7 2024, 01:19:17 PM

Very, very exciting. 

The only wild card is Sher, whose track record for fostering new material has been spotty.

LEMPICKA closing May 19
 May 3 2024, 07:24:48 PM

I guess critics and audiences...didn't lem-picka this one.

EEE-YAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

MUFASA: THE LION KING, featuring songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda & directed by Barry Jenkins, in theaters Christmas 2024
 Apr 29 2024, 11:07:20 AM

The conformity of the era:  every unique filmmaker will have to sell out to the Mouse House or superhero franchises.

Sad.

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks
 Apr 24 2024, 10:50:36 AM

I've been following Cole Escola for some years now.  Happy to see this happening.

PRELUDE TO A KISS musical
 Apr 22 2024, 02:10:50 PM

So is this like...First Wives Club level of bad, or...?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 12:35:33 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Owen22 said: "It is also weird that Adam Feldman does not seem to understand the concept of color blindcasting..."

"he doesnt get it" is a convenient way to brush off criticism you dont actually want to engage with.

colorblind casting is great but gets tricky, and downright silly, when you have subject matter that centers on race, and you address racial issues, but then ask the audience to ignore the racial ma

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 10:49:57 AM

And Broadway's depressingly tepid musical season trudges on...

Lempicka false advertising
 Apr 20 2024, 10:10:26 PM

I don't know about you but this is literally me when I see dishonest pull quotes:

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 18 2024, 07:59:47 PM

You didn't love the show, but you're...I just can't.

It also doesn't do feminism any favors when you indulge in the childish assertion that half the population aren't qualified to review something let alone attaching patriarchy-poisoning to something that is generally and objectively regarded as a misfire.  

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 18 2024, 07:35:20 PM

Maya Phillips

Margo Jefferson

Sara Holdren

Raven Snook

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 18 2024, 07:08:32 PM

I DEMAND GENITAL CHECKS AND THE FULL SEXUAL RESUME OF ANYONE REVIEWING THIS SHOW!!!

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 18 2024, 06:41:56 PM

My...sounds like someone's been online a LOT.

Christopher Durang Dead at 75
 Apr 3 2024, 08:00:53 PM

How incredibly sad.  His angry/hilarious plays like Sister Mary Ignatius Explains It All For You and Baby With the Bathwater were so ahead of their time.  When I first saw South Park, the first thing I thought was "This reminds me of Durang". 

A Goth Jukebox Musical
 Mar 29 2024, 07:57:58 PM

Echo and the Bunnymen, Siouxie, Bauhaus, Joy Division, The Cure, Sisters of Mercy, Depeche Mode...I think this could work. So why hasn't it been done?  Lets get on this, musical culture. 

Tom Holland Will Star in ROMEO & JULIET in London's West End
 Mar 28 2024, 08:15:01 PM

Still no Juliet?

CBS Sunday Morning Did Not Ask Nicholas Sparks About Racist/Homophobic Comments
 Mar 17 2024, 09:21:56 PM

WE MUST RUSH TO DEFEND THE HONOR OF LITERARY GENIUS NICHOLAS SPARKS!!!

THE NOTEBOOK Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Mar 15 2024, 03:23:13 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I think it's totally fair to say that they are trying to REACH the lowest common denominator (and part of that is hiring a pop composer with no musical theatre writing experience) and be a populist musical.

Most Broadway shows are aiming to be populist hits.

If this wasn't aimed to reach a lower-common-denominator ticketbuyer,the producer very easily could have hired Michael John LaChuisa or Adam Guettel or Dave Molloy or S

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You