News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Miss10036

Miss10036 Profile Photo
Member Name: Miss10036
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

3 female musical theatre songs!
 Jun 27 2024, 11:33:12 PM

"When the Chips are Down," "You Could Drive a Person Crazy," and "At the Ballet" too!

Next Musical Creator that should have a Revue show
 Jun 23 2024, 03:22:58 PM

There's also the more recent ALW revue Unmasked which had the distinction of playing at the Paper Mill right before the pandemic hit.

Triple yes for Tesori.

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 23 2024, 12:18:41 AM

All this week, I kept getting ads for this on YouTube.  It was always the same one, featuring rehearsal footage of the "Godspeed Titanic" number.  Each time I thought, I should skip this ad to avoid score spoilers since I wanted to go in cold this weekend as a newbie to the show, but I never could click past that snippet because it just sounded too sublime to ignore...  Wow, finally hearing the full score live blew me a

The Official TDF Thread
 Jun 21 2024, 12:25:34 PM

Thanks, all!

The Official TDF Thread
 Jun 21 2024, 11:03:04 AM

Any reports on Titanic seat locations?

& JULIET Replacement Casting
 May 15 2024, 10:30:21 AM

Good for her!  She was my Juliet when I saw the show and she was great.

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 14 2024, 01:57:30 PM

Didn’t Brandon Uranowitz do Ragtime as a kid when it was out-of-town in Toronto?  Because that’s quite the full-circle journey.

Love, love, love this lineup.

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 12 2024, 12:05:39 PM

It does!  I've been looping the album all "sunday moooornin'" and have been for the past few days.  While Drive and Bright (Take 22) are probably my favorite tracks, this morning I keep looping the part of Masquerade before "I'll see you when I get there" to chase the high of hearing that part live.

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 May 12 2024, 01:39:10 AM

I didn't feel that compelled to see this, but the decent reviews and best musical nomination made me reconsider.  I went tonight and I kind of enjoyed this?  I was pleasantly surprised that I found quite a bit to like.  Jessica Stone gives us some neat staging and if anything, I appreciate that this shows off more of what she can do.  Her direction certainly papers over the weaker elements and adds interest, and I thought she did well, overall,

Gun & Powder at Paper Mill
 May 5 2024, 02:36:19 AM

I finally went last night and found a lot to like here: a genuinely wonderful and varied score, vocals in spades, a standout performance from Ciara Renée, and a rich premise that centers the stories of two complex Black women and their experiences navigating their race, identities, and family dynamics.  I think the show does need work and I want to post more detailed thoughts on here later in case it has a future life, but its issues largely seem solvable.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 May 1 2024, 11:57:02 AM

Sytwix said: "Besides Chip Zien, I thought Brent Comer (Darrel) in The Outsiders was a standout and deserved a Tony nomination."

If I had to pick two featured Outsiders performances to get nods, I’d have chosen Boone and Comer.  Very happy for Sky Lakota-Lynch, of course, but would’ve been nice to see the nominators’ Outsiders acting love spread to Comer.

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 May 1 2024, 12:11:59 AM

Your nomination day serotonin boost, brought to you by cast member Corey Mach's Instagram: video of the cast getting a ton of love and celebrating a bit during "It's a Hit!" https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6aEBRwOcdT/?igsh=c2xtNzFubzVtdjQ4

Apr 30 2024, 10:27:54 PM

Agreed that it's disappointing Francis Benhamou didn't make the cut. That's one of the omissions I'm most bummed about. A few others I'm more sad than mad about, as they were probably on the bubble to begin with: Natalie Gold for Appropriate, Soutra Gilmour for her Merrily costumes, and DAWOR for orchestrations.

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination
 Apr 30 2024, 08:10:43 PM

Maria Friedman, not that there was any doubt she'd get nominated.  I have such vivid memories of seeing her Huntington production back in 2017 and thinking it was a shame a production that good wasn't playing in New York.  She took a "shambles" that lasted on Broadway for 16 regular performances and made it sublime.  Took a minute to get here, but we finally got her magnificent production.  So much of Merrily's redemption arc is a resul

Apr 30 2024, 09:23:41 AM

Very concerned about the lack of Illinoise love. Not even Ubeda in featured when there were 6 nominees?  And instead of Ubeda and Cook we get Roger Bart?  And I wish Illinoise got in for sound and book...  I've been listening to the album a bunch this past week and I am so impressed with how they crafted a story out of that.

Best Musical Theatre Podcast?
 Apr 28 2024, 11:21:10 AM

Count me as another vote for Broadway Breakdown!

I recently discovered and highly recommend Broadway Bound: The Musicals that Never Came to Broadway.  It's also hosted by Rob Schneider, and it dives into shows that closed out of town.  He analyzes what doomed each show, what the bright spots were, and what went wrong behind the scenes.  The first season, which recently wrapped, was about musicals based on movies (which are sometimes based on books)

ILLINOISE Reviews
 Apr 25 2024, 11:30:03 PM

By the way, in addition to the normal window cards, they also sell limited quantities of five other window cards at the theatre.  I'm not sure if they sell all five at once or cycle them from day to day.  Thought it's a nifty idea that makes it feel like more of an event, and I was certainly tempted.  Someone posted a photo of them on Reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Broadway/comments/1ccaiiw/illinoise_windowcards/

Side note: I'd kill for Stereophonic to have band posters like this.

Buena Vista Social Club at Atlantic Theater Company
 Apr 25 2024, 11:15:27 AM

It’ll be interesting to see if this can catch on.  It succeeds as a concert but falters as a book musical.  I can see this building word of mouth on the strength of the concert aspect, since it’s got a lot of crowd-pleasing and beautiful songs and the band and dancers sell it.  They’ll need to work on the book or at least get it to a point where it’s a neutral.

Hopefully they get a smaller house for this. Part of

ILLINOISE Reviews
 Apr 25 2024, 12:34:53 AM

That was some spellbinding storytelling!  I loved this tonight.  Especially the second and third "acts" which settle into one particular, affecting narrative, as opposed to the first "act" which is more individual stories - those numbers are enjoyable, but the show really came alive for me once we got to Henry's story.  It's exquisitely choreographed and directed, the vocals and orchestrations sound fantastic, and the dancers perform i

THE GREAT GATSBY Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Apr 24 2024, 01:17:49 PM

Roaring On is such an earworm and has gotten stuck in my head countless times since I saw this at the Paper Mill.  Glad I’ll finally get to rock out to that one without having to look up the rehearsal footage they released on YouTube, as I’ve been doing!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You