News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Atrias

Atrias Profile Photo
Member Name: Atrias
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm a soap opera star with a tragic past. I was born into poverty, worked my way into the world of D-List celebrity, and now stand around a set all day, wearing expensive clothing and bursting into tears on cue.

God help us all if you actually believed that.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 11 Musical Scene Stealers in DC Shows
 Jul 10 2009, 01:05:23 AM
I find it odd that this article only covers about five productions. And considering that what I've heard about "Rent" at Act II--both from those who performed in and saw it--I'm surprised it got such a glowing recommendation.
re: N2N Soundtrack
 Apr 7 2009, 01:39:35 AM
Thanks, CATS.
re: N2N Soundtrack
 Apr 7 2009, 12:58:40 AM
Where do you look to find this? I've been trying iTunes, but it doesn't seem to be popping up.
re: rOcKS @ 'Next to Normal'
 Mar 28 2009, 02:47:03 PM
Fixed it, sorry! I guess it's been a long time since I sent a PM.
 Mar 28 2009, 12:50:07 PM
I'll admit that it took me at least a performance to warm up to Spencer's performance, but once I did, I've found him really engaging ever since. I especially love the way he relates with Jennifer for some reason. I think a lot of people are expecting him to *be* Brian D'Arcy James, so he's got that working against him. I guess the point of this is (for those of us who obviously plan on seeing this more than once) give him another chance. It also took me a performance or so to warm to Louis, but
re: WEST SIDE STORY: 'Maria' & 'Tonight' by Original Cast
 Mar 28 2009, 12:51:21 AM
Is this actually from '57? I don't know why, but they look a little older to me.

And I agree about the crazy set. What is that, the docks?

ETA: It was '67. I was wondering about that turtleneck on Kert...

Mar 28 2009, 12:12:29 AM
Weird. Those first lines seem to have been changed a bunch.
 Mar 27 2009, 11:58:24 PM
What were the changes from D.C. like? Lyric changes and such?
re: Next to Normal - 6 Songs on Myspace
 Mar 24 2009, 06:26:08 PM
I'm missing the dialogue too. Maybe they figure that if they include it, people won't bother to see the show? There aren't many book scenes as it is.
re: Natalie Wood and Russ Tamblyn sing in WSS
 Mar 2 2009, 09:26:53 PM
I've always wondered that about Russ as well. Somewhere I remember hearing that they didn't think he had the "right sound" for that number. Why not just have him re-record it then?
re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Jan 25 2009, 01:23:51 AM
...When the pit in "West Side Story" consists of a piano and three percussionists.
re: Next To Normal Opening Night at Arena Stage
 Dec 12 2008, 01:10:01 PM
Having heard "Feeling Electric" after I saw the show, I think it would have been out of place left in. I think one of the nicest things about it was that it wasn't, as you said, an obvious "rock musical." The dialogue flowed pretty seamlessly into the songs. The flashing lights were still a bit hard on the eyes for the elderly woman I went with, though
re: Next To Normal Opening Night at Arena Stage
 Dec 12 2008, 12:39:46 PM
I saw the production over Thanksgiving and absolutely loved it. I went in knowing nothing about it, and had a great time. "Feeling Electric" was not in the production when I saw it.
re: Will they say 'Macbeth' at the Tony Awards?
 Apr 12 2008, 09:41:07 PM
I've heard "Mackers"...but then it was in the context of a Canadian tv series, so you might be right.
re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread
 Dec 21 2007, 03:17:20 AM
Wooo! Quite a movie. I'm still in such shock (and so deprived of sleep) that I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet. I did love it, but I felt like some of the elements with the Johanna/Anthony/Judge story could have been stronger. I found myself going, "Wait, what?" when the Judge announced he was going to marry Johanna, and I've seen and listened to the show dozens of times. Minor qualms, though.
re: COMPANY with Raul already aired in Japan!
 Nov 13 2007, 05:08:42 PM
Em, you just made my day a little brighter.
re: Les Miserables 08/08 Review
 Aug 10 2007, 10:42:20 PM
Hey, I was at the 8/08 matinee as well. I was similarly impressed. Having just finished being in a production of it myself, I must say that I was drooling over the barricade.
re: The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
 May 19 2007, 12:37:31 AM
Aaah, this movie makes me cry. I really wouldn't want an English translation, though. Those never seem to "work" when telling the story.
re: Pirates of Penzance
 Apr 19 2007, 02:49:42 PM
I'm just about to go to rehearsal for a benefit performance of this. Initially, I had reservations about the show as well, but it turned out to be one of the best theatrical experiences I've ever done. A thin plot means you can add a lot.
re: New HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 Logo!
 Jan 14 2007, 12:21:01 AM
I shudder at the prospect of this movie.

And yet I just voted. What the hell is wrong with me?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You