News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for way_to_spend_the_day

way_to_spend_the_day Profile Photo
Member Name: way_to_spend_the_day
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Winner Takes It All (so go get em Carolee Carmello)
 Dec 24 2007, 03:15:01 PM
Her voice is wonderful and she can act with her voice, which is something I really respect with her. While your picking up the Parade soundtrack, don't forget to get John & Jen--I enjoy her performance in that possibly even more than in Parade, just because she sings non-stop and with such range!
re: What show are you currently obsessed with?
 Nov 25 2006, 08:10:22 PM
[title of show] and john & jen...
re: Boston Spelling Bee
 Sep 26 2006, 10:08:08 PM
Elphabarose---I'm so surprised that you were underwhelmed by the show! You must have seen opening night? so I assume the energy was there, what didn't do it for you? I was in stitches for most of the show and didn't want it to end!
re: Boston Bee-Who's going?
 Sep 26 2006, 10:48:37 AM
I saw the dress rehearsal of the show last night--my school had connections for some reaseon--and it was amazing! I reviewed it in another post last night. And yes, I am now in love with Stanley--as was every other college girl in the audience--and most of the guys...
re: Boston Spelling Bee
 Sep 26 2006, 12:28:29 AM
let me know how you like the show after you see it--I'm sure you'll love it!!
Boston Spelling Bee
 Sep 25 2006, 11:38:10 PM
Ok, so I just got back from the dress rehearsal of the Boston production of Spelling Bee. Here's my review of the show, with no comparisons to original cast, as that is completely unfair to any show...

The standouts to me were Jenni Barber as Olive, Sara Inbar as Logainne, Greta Lee as Marcy, and Stanley Bahorek as Leaf. My favorite character in this show is Leaf, and Stanley Bahorek did not disappoint. His acting was just as good, if not better than his singing, which was

re: Intermission....nice break or huge distraction
 Aug 2 2006, 04:44:11 PM
Intermission for me is the time to re-read all of the bios and compare the actors you saw to the various parts they have played. And a time to discuss what you liked and not...but it is not always welcomed on my part, b/c you are suddenly forced back to reality...and it means the show is that much closer to being finished...
re: Les Mis - Scenery?
 Aug 2 2006, 04:33:15 PM
vmlinnie, When I have seen the tour, the tables are set on the revolve or are set behind the scrim, which is used to display time and place, etc (I'm sure they have the same thing in London, but I've never seen it there)...the actors are not seen bringing out the set pieces.
re: 06-07 Musical Season
 Aug 2 2006, 04:29:40 PM
I can see where you are coming from. I don't think that it would take that much altering to update ACL, just a few references here and there, but I do know that many people feel that it wouldn't be a show without the '70s time period. I guess I've just gotten used to the idea that revivals should be somewhat different, as they ARE generally meant to introduce new generations to the show. Les miz could never change time periods because the show revolves around the historical aspect. I don't f
re: 06-07 Musical Season
 Aug 2 2006, 04:01:51 PM
Okay, so I'm a little late in this argument, but to be fair, Les Miz and A Chorus Line, when being reviewed for best revival, should be judged on the shows themselves, not on how long they were off broadway. A Chorus Line may be introduced to a new generation, but if that is the main reason for bringing the show back, then possibly they should have updated the time period and costumes, at least...
re: Les Mis - Scenery?
 Aug 2 2006, 03:45:00 PM
I may be wrong, but I think they are just bringing the tour production set to Broadway since the tour just ended
re: What musical should I teach?
 Jul 24 2006, 03:33:48 PM
Ok, for everyone who thinks that "Light in the Piazza" is too boring or too hard for high school students to understand, I COMPLETELY disagree. As far as showing it over ITW, I would in a second. Light in the Piazza is one of my favorite shows, and I just graduated from high school. I fell in love with the show while I was in high school, and many many many of my younger friends love the show as well. There is more to think about, and more to discuss in regards to the storyline of Piazza tha
re: re: re: re: Everyone's name?
 May 5 2006, 02:31:14 PM
it's from the song, "why" from TTB
re: help please please please!
 May 4 2006, 04:14:15 PM
Switch spelling bee with Tarzan, and don't bother seeing Mamma Mia...
re: Little Women Tour- worth seeing?
 May 4 2006, 03:35:53 PM
Quibbler, the reason Maureen gets the final bow in the touring company is because many people are going to see the show simply because she is in it. She's really one of their best marketing strategies for many who are already aware of her work.

re: Bare
 May 3 2006, 02:24:12 PM
Even if some believe the songs to be less than great, it's definately one of the most emotional shows ever written. It moves me more than any other show I have experienced. A show that is so powerful can afford some repitition....
Little Women Questions
 May 1 2006, 11:32:58 PM
------I also think Marueen McGovern should have at least been nominated. She had so much passion and power behind her voice.--

I saw Maureen both on Broadway and on the tour (back when they were in Boston) and she seemed to have more passion on the tour. Possibly she has found the role as the time goes along or maybe I just saw her on an off-day during the Broadway run, but she had so much more passion and emphasis during her songs in Boston. I have NEVER heard a greater re

re: LES MIS REVIVAL CAST???
 Apr 29 2006, 03:21:53 AM
Have others heard about Norm Lewis as Javert as well? I'd love to see him cast in the role, but this was the first that I'd heard of it.

I actually thought Les mis would be the one show free of American Idol wannabes.....please no Constantine...

Adam and Martha
 Apr 20 2006, 08:11:32 PM
Anyone else watch Martha today? I skipped school today and just happened to watch it. Adam Pascal's wife was on, baking cookies that were completely allergy free, and Adam was in the audience with their two sons. She didn't acknowledge him or anything, but I was still pretty shocked to see him... His wife wrote a cookbook that is being sold...
re: The OFFICIAL Rent on DVD Thread
 Feb 23 2006, 07:09:19 PM
Just watched the documentary this afternoon and LOVED it. This was such an amazing tribute to Jonathan and his work, and everyone spoke really eloquently about him. It was also really great to put a face to some of the people I read about in "Without You". It was so touching and an amazing addition to the DVD, and I DO NOT agree that it was too long. Does anyone know if any of the friends of Jonathan who were talking were the inspiration for Susan and Michael in TTB?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You