News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sebastian

Member Name: Sebastian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 11:32:37 PM
Justice for illinoise 😔
Days of Wine and Roses to Close Early
 Mar 6 2024, 01:11:36 PM

BETTY22 said: I was wrong with both..........Does a NYT Critic Pix not matter anymore?"

Nop, neither do good reviews, they only help to not make things worse; as in being the only thing a turist needs to convince themselves to not go to the show.

Baker's Wife in Into The Woods Arc
 Feb 23 2024, 04:46:36 PM

Kad said: "And the Wife’s death in particular has never been well solved and presents trouble for many stagings, where the exact cause of her death seems up to interpretation."

She dies chased and crushed by the giant in the last revival, which I think it's great. You know; very good and all that you had your realization in the woods but there's a lady giant seeking revenge for her husband's death and calamity doesn't wait for character deve

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES - Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jan 30 2024, 01:00:41 PM

BETTY22 said: "I loved this show. Shocked it's not selling after NYT RAVE"

Good reviews have been not moving the needle for a very long time, has been said in every thread related in some way or another to grosses.

Harmony word-of-mouth
 Jan 3 2024, 01:59:49 AM

"but I get the desire to try holding on and searching for a tweak that will turn things around."

I think someone mentioned it in a grosses thread but that tweak may be letting Manilow himself play Old Rabbi for a few weeks, lol.

It Seems Like Best Featured Actor/Actress in a Musical=Best Song Performance
 Dec 31 2023, 04:13:04 AM

Interestingly, mentioning Patti LuPone made me remember that Jennifer Simmard was also nominated with her and through sheer acting alone for her one scene. The original Sarah was also nominated but, Elaine Stritch was up for LEADING instead of featured (as was April...really), instead Marta was also nominated in featured, going along with this tony-for-best-solo commentary. The original Amy was not nominated, though. Also, at least Joanne has The Little Things You Do Together and a lot of zin

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Oct 20 2023, 08:40:12 PM

ACL2006 said: "So they're adding a tap number for Sutton Foster? And making Aaron take his shirt off?

Would pay to see Aaron take his shirt off during epiphany lol

Favorite company cast
 Aug 27 2023, 04:42:55 PM

My favorite one is the 2006 John Doyle revival, the minimalism puts the focus on the performances and on multiple rewatches I think is the best all around, although I've always thought all broadway productions have had great casts (pending the 1995 one).

The 2006 has a peculiar way to be in their version of the characters that I like a lot: Sarah's more passive-agressive yet subtle and calm demeanor, Susan's accent (lol), a more strong focus on the power dynamics of David o

Royal Family of Broadway musical by William Finn?
 Jul 26 2023, 11:56:56 PM

I also feel obliged to adore William Finn due to him also making my favorite musical, in my case being Spelling Bee, Falsettos is also good.

Best & Worst Best Book of a Musical Tony Winners?
 Jun 19 2023, 05:03:13 PM

Though already mentioned a little bit above, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is one of the best, we take it for granted now but there was a 95% chance that a musical about a frigging regional spelling bee contest simply ended being a complete uninterested disaster. It's amazing how it puts the focus in the actual spelling part of the show and doesn't take the route of something like Chess, while also letting character interaction and development happen between all the jokes

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/7/23
 May 11 2023, 01:17:19 AM

Honestly, even if Kimberly Akimbo wins the 8 categories it is nominated on I don't see it as the kind of show to even surpass 1 million weekly grosses, but as with Spring Awakening I hope that doesn't mean it won't become a runaway hit.

Which Cast Recording Makes You Happiest?
 Mar 8 2023, 11:00:25 AM

The 25th annual Putnam county spelling bee!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You