News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for I'm not that GURL

I'm not that GURL Profile Photo
Member Name: I'm not that GURL
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Ana and Kate's final performances in 'Wicked'
 Jan 22 2006, 08:38:39 PM
Kristy Cates is taking over for the fabulous Ana. And while I wasn't lucky enough to see her last performance I saw her this past Tuesday and Friday and the ladies were awesome. You could tell they were very emotional at times and it was tough for them to hold it together but they both managed to.

Good luck Kate and Ana and can't wait to see you in Three Penny!

re: What should I see IN CHICAGO?
 Jan 6 2006, 03:05:10 PM
This is Chicago version of TKTS -
http://www.hottix.org/

It's the best place to get discounted tickets. Enjoy your visit in our great city and PM if you want any info about cool bars and restaurants to visit while you're here!

Cheers!

re: Carmela Soprano Won't Be in 3-Penny afterall
 Dec 9 2005, 05:06:22 PM
Bummer about Edie but I think Ana would make a much better Jenny anyway. Perhaps now she will. Hmmmmmm
re: Anyone in chicago want to do the wicked lotto with me tonight?
 Dec 1 2005, 05:19:52 PM
Ohh I would love to however tonight I can't. Let's pick another night. I want to see Ana as much as I can before she leaves us - sniff sniff.
re: New WICKED cast
 Nov 28 2005, 02:21:57 PM
DAMN! While I love Eden I was really hoping that Ana would head over to NYC so everyone could see just how fabulous she is.
re: CELINE DION AS ELPHABA
 Nov 2 2005, 10:13:13 AM
How about Ana Gasteyer playing Celine playing Elphaba - now that would be fun!
re: Kristy Cates Question
 Oct 27 2005, 01:58:34 PM
Hey there - I saw Kristy perform for Ana last night here in Chicago and I was wondering if anyone else had seen her (either in NYC or Toronto) and had any opinions. I have to say she looks beautiful in green - almost spookily natural - sometimes the Elphies just don't wear it as well as she did.

And please note I did use my seach button before starting a new thread - hee hee

re: 'Rent' Film to Make Premiere at Ziegfeld Theatre
 Oct 26 2005, 11:14:06 AM
I just realized I am going to be randomly in NYC for work on the 17th - oh my gosh! It would be amazing to actually be able to get in and see it of course but I am will be content just gawking at the red carpet with my fellow Rent-heads.
re: Anyone get the Wicked Grimmerie Yet?
 Oct 19 2005, 12:16:54 PM
The book is gorgeous I think. But I am bummed that there is nothing about the Chicago cast included. I'm sure it was because of timing, publishing yada yada. However, it would been awesome to see some of our Ana, Kate, Rondi & Chris.
re: The Official Ana Gasteyer Love Thread
 Oct 6 2005, 05:17:18 PM
I mean Ana just keeps getting better and better. I've seen her six times now and her performance just gets more breathtaking every time. We are incredibly lucky to have her in Chicago and I hope she does head to NYC when her contract is up here because the world deserves to see how fabulous she is. Not to mention I think she's kinda hottt up there belting it out.
re: Ben Vereen in Chicago
 Aug 31 2005, 11:09:27 AM
I was actually lucky enough to win the lottery last night - YAY. It was great to Ben Vereen and he was a fantastic. Looked totally relaxed and there was great chemistry with he and Ana especially when they are dancing during "Wonderful" You could tell by the expression on her face that she was "I can't believe I am dancing with Ben Vereen!"

And a note on Ana - I hadn't seen her since the end of June and she has totally grown so much in the role. She's really added great comic deliv

re: Boston and Idina....
 Aug 30 2005, 10:31:05 AM
bwayfan3 - it was Saturday night that she came in probably around midnight-1230'ish and stayed well beyond last call. They were in a back corner booth have a boozy good time. I was at the bar having yet another manhattan when they sauntered in. I am sorry that you missed them.
re: Boston and Idina....
 Aug 29 2005, 01:43:19 PM
Let me say I attended the late shows both Friday and Saturday and she rocked the house. She was dirty and a little raunchy and it was fabulous. The mothers of all the 13 year olds were taken a back I think but oh well I say.

She did not come out after the show as it was a little bit of a mob scene. I was lucky enough though to be in the Charles Hotel swanky bar NOIR having a couple of cocktails by myself and Idina and her entourage did come down and were looking to have a boozy fabul

re: 'Nine to Five' Musical in works...Parton to write score
 Aug 24 2005, 03:20:42 PM
I will audtioning for the roll of disgruntled mail clerk -
"Lady you're going to hate it"

re: Broadway dreams?
 Aug 24 2005, 02:32:51 PM
Talk about random - I had this dream where I met Ana Gasteyer and she was blind but nobody knew or had any clue because she never acted or let on that couldn't see. Unfortunatly I have not been able to find what this means in my dream dictionary but I am thinking perhaps I don't want to know...
re: Question about Ana Gasteyer....
 Aug 22 2005, 11:18:39 AM
I have to admit the first time I saw her I was one of those skeptical people with their arms across their chest waiting for her to pull it off but I was overwhelmed by her. Having seen 4 different Elphies before I was prepared to be underwhelmed. But her vulnerability as a young and insecure girl in the first act tugged at my heart strings more so then I dare say - Idina - and her burgeoning into a strong powerful woman in act II is unmatched. And don't get my started on those vocals -- amazi
re: Idina Menzel Concerts
 Aug 19 2005, 11:19:34 AM
Trekking from Chicago to Beantown for the 930 shows both nights - can't wait. Cocktails anyone?
re: Any chicagoans
 Aug 18 2005, 12:55:23 PM
Windy City girl here...so glad there are other broadway fans in our great city...
re: Wicked Chicago Lottery
 Aug 12 2005, 03:17:41 PM
The lottery has been very busy busy as of late. Upwards of 150 - 200 people almost every day. Best of luck!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You