Broadway dreams?

MrBungee7
#0Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:52pm

Two nights ago, Julia Murney was in my dream. Last night, it was Sara Ramirez. Weird.

Anybody else have Broadway-ish dreams.

What's pink and green and flies all over?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:07pm

I am officially jealous of you. I. <3. Julia.

I've had dreams about theatre stuff, sure! Usually awkward ones, though. I had a nightmare about Sweeney Todd like two weeks ago.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#2re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:14pm

John Hill, Michael Arden, and Jenna Leigh Green were in my dreams like 2 nights ago.

And then a while back, I had a SNF dream with John Travolta as Tony and Andy Karl as Joey.

And Andy and the other boyz randomly show up in my dreams sometimes.

#3re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:21pm

i had a dream that i was dating matt caplan from rent. probably cuz that is my dream-to someday be dating matt caplan... anyone know how old he is?

luvtheEmcee
#4re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:21pm

For a couple of months, I was doing really well with the ability to make myself dream about certain things, and to pick up where I... left off, so to speak. It was quite fun, but it didn't last very long.

I'm not that GURL Profile Photo
I'm not that GURL
#5re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:32pm

Talk about random - I had this dream where I met Ana Gasteyer and she was blind but nobody knew or had any clue because she never acted or let on that couldn't see. Unfortunatly I have not been able to find what this means in my dream dictionary but I am thinking perhaps I don't want to know...

"My father warned me about men and booze, but he never mentioned a word about women and cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

idinarocksmysocks!510 Profile Photo
idinarocksmysocks!510
#6re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:39pm

I'll have dreams that I'm in shows and that I'm with my idols and such. Like once I was doing AIDA and I was Amneris. I was backstage and my good guy friend (who i secretly like) comes backstage and brings me dinner in between a matine (wrong spelling). Or like I'll go through the shows as a character with my favorite cast or something weird like that. I usually like them!

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

kate2
#7re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 4:58pm

actually i had the mother of all dreams!

well, it started with me and cheyenne jackson being married, then out of nowhere, i was in the front row watching him in all shook up, and the show just like stopped. He came off the stage, gave me a kiss, and then went back on stage and the show kept going!

pretty unrealistic, but what a dream it was!!!!!

SorryGrateful
#8re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:03pm

emcee, which Sweeney was it? I could definitely go for that dream. I have this weird attraction to all Sweeneys. When I was little, I used to will myself to dream about Tim Curry. It only worked once.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

luvtheEmcee
#9re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:07pm

This is the weird part. I've never seen a production of Sweeney, live or on tape. I don't know the music, and I know the very bare bones of the story.

But I had a nightmare that I went to see the show, and I woke up scared out of my mind.

I wish I could tell about my favorite dreams, but I'd be embarassed.

#10re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:08pm

hmmmm, emcee, what kind of dreams do you have?

luvtheEmcee
#11re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:08pm

Embarassing ones. re: Broadway dreams?

SorryGrateful
#12re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:09pm

Aw, don't be scared, em. Sweeney wants to be your friend. Come closer so he can give you a hug.

luvtheEmcee
#13re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:15pm

*runs away!*

SorryGrateful
#14re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:19pm

"Sweeney's waiting, I want you bleeders!"

luvtheEmcee
#15re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:20pm

*keeps running to comforting location of embarassing dreams*

SorryGrateful
#16re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:24pm

Wait, I did have this dream one time that one of the main people in Company was out as was the understudy and the producers saw me in the audience. They decided to use me and I kept telling them, "I only know the cast recording! I don't know the blocking or steps or anything!" But apparently they thought I could pull off "Getting Married Today." I woke up before the curtain rose, thank heavens.

luvtheEmcee
#17re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:25pm

awww. You always wake up before the fun really starts. re: Broadway dreams?

YessicaB
#18re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:25pm

I had a couple that I'd rather not mention....lol.
I also dreamed a couple of weeks ago that I was in NYC and every show was sold out and I couldn't get any tickets and I actually woke up in tears. Pretty pathetic re: Broadway dreams?

Updated On: 8/24/05 at 05:25 PM

luvtheEmcee
#19re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:28pm

OH. I have a story that I can share.

I had a dream about Adam the night after I saw School of Rock. I had come home that night all excited to see him on the big screen, etc, and my mother apparently found me quite amusing. She came in the next morning to wake me up, and woke me up pretending that Adam was there, or something. It was so cruel of her, because I was half awake, and totally perplexed.

SorryGrateful
#20re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:29pm

Your mom is mean!!! That's just cruel. Poor em.

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:31pm

She knows how to get me! I'm just THAT predictable. re: Broadway dreams?

Let's think. Other... non-embarassing, share-able dreams. I had a dream once that I was in rehearsals for AIDA, or something. That was fun!

YessicaB
#22re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:33pm

Wow Em your mom is cruel.......
Sounds kinda like something mine would do! Thank God I'm now about 2000 or so miles away.

luvtheEmcee
#23re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:34pm

heh, she was just playing a joke. The whole thing amuses her, because she knows just how to get me to go weak in the knees.

It's like when I walk through Times Square with my brother, and he taps me on the shoulder to go "OH, LOOK! There's Adam! [or Raúl]," and he is MOST definitely not for real.

Updated On: 8/24/05 at 05:34 PM

YessicaB
#24re: Broadway dreams?
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:38pm

Em I've been wanting to ask you about your screenname. It's a character from Cabaret? Sorry for the stupid question.

Videos