News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayLover

BwayLover Profile Photo
Member Name: BwayLover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I love Broadway (duh!), and another very big passion of mine is the movies, especially classic ones from the 40's and 50's.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Giving celebs their privacy  Apr 21 2014, 07:41:25 AM
A couple of months ago I was walking on 8th avenue and saw Tony Sheldon walking towards me. I honestly don't know how and why I did it (I have never really done this before) but as he passed me, I turned to him and blurted out - "I love you, Mr. Sheldon." He stopped and looked a bit surprised, but thanked me nonetheless and even started a conversation with me, in which I was able to redeem myself and appear somewhat coherent. After a few minutes, we said our goodbyes, and he said "you've just ma
Gypsy starring Louise Pitre opens at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre  Feb 13 2014, 03:40:47 AM
SO SO SO excited for this!!!! Going to see it in March. If anyone goes before that, please post reviews! I LOVE Louise. :)
The Last Ship Coming to the Neil Simon in the Fall  Feb 13 2014, 03:37:28 AM
I'm bummed about Louise Pitre as well. I so wanted her back in NYC.

BUT - Rachel Tucker!! She's fantastic. She was discovered in "I'd Do Anything" and I've loved her ever since.

Danny Burstein and Sarah Paulson in TALLEY'S FOLLY  Feb 22 2013, 03:42:29 PM
I saw it and thought it was lovely, sweet and realistically romantic. Both actors gave wonderful, touching performances. It's well worth a visit!

PASSION Off-Broadway Preview Thread  Feb 18 2013, 05:21:55 PM
If anyone is interested.... I'm selling my front row center ticket for tomorrow night's 7pm performance (Feb 19). Seat A109, $75 - which is what I paid for it. PM me if you're interested!!
CHAPLIN Rush  Sep 28 2012, 08:57:03 AM
I rushed last Saturday- got there at around 8 and had about 8 people in front of me in line. When the box office opened, they had two lines form, one for matinee tickets and one for evening, which made it much easier.
All the rush tickets for the evening show were in the rear mezz, but for this show, I actually preferred it.

Good luck!!

Wonderful Town 2003 revival  Sep 1 2012, 12:00:07 PM
I remember him picking her up at the stage door after the show a few times, it was absolutely adorable.... No one knew who he was then, but I remember thinking how insanely hot he was.

Child Actors on Broadway (or elsewhere)  Aug 27 2012, 07:00:39 PM
These are kids you're talking about. You could stand to be a little kinder.
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF at Pittsburgh CLO  Jul 14 2012, 08:57:30 AM
Post your thoughts after you see it! I'm going tomorrow night and very excited to see Lewis J. Stadlen! :)
Mamma Mia newest cast changes...  Jun 5 2012, 11:54:52 PM
Completely agree. They are much, much too young- and Judy M., who is the only one is is actually age appropriate, looks too old next to them. Which is a shame, cause she is phenomenal.
PASSION - wow.  Jun 3 2012, 03:57:43 PM
PASSION is not only my favorite Sondheim show, but my favorite show, period. I wasn't lucky enough to see it live on Broadway, but i have watched the DVD countless times. It just touches my soul so deeply - the themes are so poetic and universal and speak to me in a way I couldn't possibly explain. The score is simply exquisite, and the lyrics make me think every time I listen to them.

This is the show that made me fall in love with Donna Murphy, as well. She is simply stunning in the

STREISAND Brooklyn Concert pre-sale code  May 13 2012, 05:24:10 PM
It took me several tries, but I was able to get a ticket during the pre-sale. And it's a good seat. I'm ecstatic!!

Good luck tomorrow!!

So why did Donna Murphy miss all those shows in Wonderful Town?  May 12 2012, 03:24:23 PM
Just to set the record straight - her miscarriages were after the Encores run of WT, and she has talked about them (though not much, understandably). It wasn't during the Broadway run.

I, too, find it hard to believe she would make up the vocal problems to cover up a miscarriage.

Edited to add - she hemorrhaged a vocal chord, it has nothing to do with professionalism.

So why did Donna Murphy miss all those shows in Wonderful Town?  May 12 2012, 07:56:37 AM
She had hurt her voice (hemorraged a vocal chord) early in previews and never had proper time to heal. That's why she was out occasionally from the show during the run- giving her voice a rest. She then injured it again and was told that if she didn't take a medical leave, she was risking hurting her voice forever. The producers asked her to be quiet about it, and they informed the press it was the flu, and that she would be back shortly (knowing she was on medical leave really) and thus succeed
Video Goodspeed's MAME  Apr 29 2012, 02:46:01 PM
Actually, she doesn't. I was there for the first preview and they ended up changing the wig - it now looks like her real hair, which is much, much more flattering. And it looks period enough.

The important part is - Louise is SENSETIONAL as Mame, and Judy Blazer is a complete hoot. I loved the entire production and plan on visiting it again as soon as I can!

Riedel: The Public already wants to bring WOODS to Broadway...  Feb 27 2012, 10:17:00 PM
They've both acknowledged their resemblance - and even played mother and daughter in Vera Farmiga's film "Higher Ground"! They do look a lot alike.

and just my two cents...I would KILL to have Donna Murphy as the Witch. Will be at that theater every single day.

EW's 10 worst in theater  Dec 31 2011, 12:42:46 AM
I honestly can't articulate how wrong I think they are by picking THE PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE as the worst show. It had a lot of heart, which cannot be said for some of the other shows; and like others have said, Donna Murphy's performance alone means it can't be the worst. As someone who is very connected to the Holocaust and have researched it for years, I felt it presented a really honest depiction of a survivor who isn't always likeable but is always genuine.

And I LOVE the cast recor

PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE cast album  Dec 24 2011, 09:32:57 AM
I've been listening to it non-stop since getting it in the mail a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE it. I think the score is beautiful and the recording beautifully captures the show, which I happen to really be moved by. I found myself sobbing just listening to "Saying Goodbye", which I rarely do! Not to mention the GORGEOUS acapella "Oyfen Pripitchick" - Donna Murphy slays me.

Yes, I am SO grateful and glad this was recorded and released.

Shows You Loved, But Hated By The Critics?  Dec 14 2011, 08:24:45 PM
Though it certainly wasn't perfect, I absolutely LOVED "The People In The Picture" - my own family background and the fact that Donna Murphy is my favorite actress might have influenced my judgement, of course.

Another vote for "Women On The Verge of A Nervous Breakdown" - I really, really liked it.

Member Levels  Dec 10 2011, 08:29:31 PM
It took me a loooong time, but I finally made it to legend a few months ago. Yay!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You