News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TimeToDither

TimeToDither Profile Photo
Member Name: TimeToDither
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What is the BEST Show You Have Seen on Broadway
 May 23 2024, 06:44:17 PM

The current production of MERRILY is probably the best thing I've ever seen on Broadway - it's just such a lucky combination of the creatives & cast and the moment in general.

Another best would go to HERE WE ARE as I simply loved its bizarre aspects and both the work and the cast were amazing.

The best performance I've ever seen was Lea Michele in FUNNY GIRL. It was so convincing it almost seemed like she made up the lines on the spot. Not a single wrong not - a

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 08:55:49 AM

Kad said: "This is Kelli O’Hara’s eighth nomination. It could very well be her second win."

It’ll be Kelli or Maleah Joi Moon. Hopefully Kelli.

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 08:52:31 AM

Eden Espinosa? Love her but this nomination is … interesting.

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio
 Apr 27 2024, 05:44:56 AM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "No. Your choices also seem dreadful."

As they were meant to. Sigh.

Apr 26 2024, 04:54:27 PM

Hey, Zelda! said: "To think that in seventy years (or whenever depending on what becomes of copyright law), Here We Are could very well become Sondheim's Turandot."

I do wonder what discussions happened about the unusual form of it before the production started taking any shape and if anyone on the producing team ever suggested the second act should be finished/rewritten by someone else. Probably not but I find that idea quite entertaining.

Apr 26 2024, 04:15:00 PM

It was just a joke as many people who didn’t like the production would often argue with this.

I personally think it wasn’t finished, however, I still consider it a masterpiece. Many celebrated works of art are essentially unfinished and yet we keep coming back to them for various reasons. I dare to say that Sondheim wouldn’t have left it like this if he had more time to work on it, that’s my reasoning behind this statement.

Apr 26 2024, 02:27:05 PM

jkcohen626 said: "I do kinda wish that they'd released a song with lyrics (maybe the Soldier's song?). But, the exit music is beautiful.

All I can think about listening to this is that, if this show somehow had transferred, it would probably be the frontrunner for Musical, Score, Book, and Lead Actress at the Tonys, along with noms for directorand every technical category.
"

Maybe it'll transfer once it’s finished. Someone like LMM could f

Canceled Productions That Eventually Happened?
 Apr 26 2024, 02:23:15 PM

Kad said: "If there is a path for it, it would be threw off-Bway or a smaller market. If."

That’s what I’m thinking but I’ve seen crazier things happen.

Canceled Productions That Eventually Happened?
 Apr 26 2024, 02:01:52 PM

Do we still think My Son’s a Queer is going to happen? Initially, I thought it was never gonna happen in the first place but the mess around that production is making me think someone unexpected might back it up as a gesture of support. Financially or with their visibility.

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Apr 26 2024, 01:02:38 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Based on the rumblings out of Cambridge, it sounds like Chavkin's Gatsby leans more heavilyinto Nick's queerness, gives Myrtle a real arc, AND there's no credited Projection Designer.Which may address certain complaints about the Bruni Gatsby :)"

I can’t wait to see that version.

Unless this whole thing is some kind of commentary on the state of musical theatre in the 21st century which would make it sort of &he

Adam Guettel & Bob Martin's MILLIONS will premiere at Alliance Theatre in Spring 2025, directed by Bartlett Sher
 Apr 26 2024, 07:22:35 AM

Can’t wait to hear this score—I absolutely love the number Audra recorded on the orchestral album.

Apr 26 2024, 07:18:19 AM

MrsSallyAdams said: ""Nick and Jordan are now explicitly heterosexual, have sex, and get engaged." ~ Variety
'The Great Gatsby' Review: Broadway Musical Has Glamour, No Grit (variety.com)

Well so much for 99 years of queer theory. Sounds like I'm not part of their target audience.
"

This.

This whole take on Gatsby completely misses the things that have the greatest theatrical potential, in my opinion.

Apr 25 2024, 08:05:31 AM

Transport yourself to the shiny, shiny, shiny world of the 1920s as one of the greatest American novels completely loses any of its literary interest, social commentary, and reduces every character to a caricature of their past self.

Can’t wait to see what the reviews are but don’t expect them to be great …

Shows that were considerably changed after their Broadway run
 Apr 21 2024, 08:28:05 PM

Are there many shows that were considerably re-written (mostly really speaking of the material itself rather than any fiascos like the recent Shrek tour) after their Broadway run? The Addams Family comes to my mind.

I'm asking because I think if the authors of Lempicka rewrote some scenes and lowered some of that insane belting, they could have a nice show that'd get performed at drama schools or ambitious regional theatres. Not sure if it'd get lice

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 21 2024, 06:58:13 PM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I think it’s somewhat unfair to negatively compare Eden’s performance to Mariand’s in regards to pitch etc. since Eden clearly has vocal fatigue from a role that makes singing Elphaba eight times a week look like a walk in the park. Also, in the bootleg I heard of Mariand’s “Woman Is,” she actually does gopainfully flaton one of the big screaming high notes - not that I can blame her, since the song is just insanely

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 21 2024, 06:01:29 PM

This whole musical is just so weirdly written. What was I supposed to take away from it? It's got some absolutely thrilling bits in it which makes it all even more disappointing to witness unfold into ... well, not much. This could be easily the best score of this season if they expanded the music bits that actually worked and cut songs of the characters that have nothing of value to say anyway. It'd be still far from richly polyphonic because I've doubts t

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews
 Apr 21 2024, 05:41:37 PM

What a disjointed, disappointing mess.

Saw a couple of shows that I didn't love recently and hoped this one might save it but it seems we can't get composers/lyricists to write anything more than basic, mediocre scores at best anymore.

Not even going to talk about the book of whatever this show is.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You