News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for smodel11

smodel11 Profile Photo
Member Name: smodel11
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shows that should have made it to Broadway, but never did??  Sep 4 2021, 12:07:34 AM
Children of Eden. Such a beautiful score! I’d love to see a first rate production.
Beautiful tour?  Aug 31 2016, 01:53:00 PM

Abby's last show is September 11th. 

Bucks County  Jul 18 2014, 11:30:49 AM
New Hope has fairly ample street parking, depending on the day and time that you are planning to go and whether or not you are willing to take a short walk. I frequently take day trips up there and have never had an issue finding parking. My suggestion to you would be to get there early enough to try to find street parking and then use the $15 parking as a backup plan. Enjoy your trip to New Hope-it's a gorgeous setting :)
What is your career/major  Jul 7 2014, 07:21:06 PM
BA Musical Theatre (sounds strange, I know, but at the time the school offered the degree through the Individualized Major Program, thus the BA-it's since turned into a BFA)

MS Theatre Education. After close to a decade of working in the business (regionally and on ships) I decided to go back to school and get a master/teaching certificate and I couldn't be happier. Doing theatre is great, but it wore me out and I got tired of having to constantly look for work. Teaching kids to do w

Has Anyone Been On The Broadway Cruise?  Nov 29 2012, 04:13:27 PM
I believe it's on Norwegian cruise line. Last year, it was on the Norwegian Star, which is a ship that I worked on (and loved) several years ago. It's a big ship with lots to do onboard and a large, beautiful theatre. I'm just jealous that they started doing these so long after I left-the closest I came to one of these was missing the Rosie cruise by a week at the end of one of my contracts. I'd love to see many of my fave broadway performers up close!
Theatre Interiors/Architecture  Nov 29 2011, 09:46:44 AM
Look at all the orbs in the pictures of the New Amsterdam-theatre ghosts hard at work :)
Congratulations to Constantine Maroulis and Angel Reed!  Dec 24 2010, 10:16:05 AM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20452957,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

What a great Christmas present for them both :)

SPIDER-MAN Opening Delayed Again...  Dec 16 2010, 08:03:18 PM
The Spiderman Ride...

Okay, I give up...I can't get my picture to post for the life of me, and I can't delete my post either. Sorry!

ROA movie...please tell me this is NOT true!  Oct 28 2010, 12:22:39 PM
Something about this came up in my FB feed so I clicked on the article. UGH! I can't even imagine how this would work. I know I am beating a dead horse here, but why can't the movie adaptations of musicals ever star actors who can actually SING?

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/10/28/rock-of-ages-movie-tom-cruise/

Shows you believed closed prematurely...  Jul 3 2010, 08:03:34 PM
All Shook Up. It's kind of amazing that a show that has become almost standard rep at regional theatres only ran about 2.5 months on Broadway. The original production was GREAT too. The part when the entire cast turned downstage on "take my hand..." during "Can't Help Falling in Love" gave me some fierce goosebumps!
acting transfer student  Jun 13 2010, 01:34:52 PM
Hi Runnerchic,
I went through a similar situation in college, although I ended up transferring from a BFA musical theatre program (I was cut at the end of my Sophomore year) to Indiana University's BA. It was one of the least well thought out decisions of my life, and the best thing that could ever happen to me. IU does not have an amazing acting program. Their BA theatre major is more of a "theatre studies" track, where you learn about theatre from all sides (acting, technical, theatre

Ragtime question  Jun 4 2010, 11:16:28 PM
Ragtime is based off of a novel by E.L. Doctorow from 1975, and these were the character names from the book. I am not sure what his exact reasoning was, but I've always assumed that he gave them "generic" names because they were supposed to be representative figures of the time. They interact with some infamous people from the early 1900's, but they are supposed to represent "the All-American Family" of the turn of the century. Of course, I could be completely wrong, but that's how I always
Nicole Scherzinger on Broadway?  May 28 2010, 03:56:33 PM
Nicole was an acting major at Wright State University in Dayton Ohio and left after her junior year to audition for Pop Stars (Eden's Crush) on the WB. I'm assuming she would have been a musical theatre major, but the program didn't start until the class after hers (the first graduating class was '01). While at WSU she played a lot of musical roles including Velma in Chicago and I think Julie in Showboat. I was a freshman during what would have been her senior year, so I never met Nicole, but
Which Musicals Do You Want to See the British/Menier 'Minimalist' Take On?  May 12 2010, 12:40:05 PM
I'm so glad to see Sunset Boulevard mentioned. I've always thought it was much better than all of its "spectacle". Yes it's ALW, but there are some gorgeous moments in that score (ignoring, of course, some of the clunky lyrics) and the plot is very interesting. In a black box/minimalist setting I think that it would be much easier to get to the meat of the story. It really is an "actor's" show at heart. Enough with the actors playing instruments, though. I think it's a really distracting c
Royal Caribbean International to feature 90-minute truncated musical CHICAG  May 7 2010, 12:51:15 PM
Oops, sorry, my mistake. Got the titles of the shows confused...my brain kept saying "come fly away" but I didn't think I was right about that. I guess that's how Royal Caribbean is doing the shows if they are doing 90 minute versions. Several days of one show, and then several days of another. I guess it makes sense to run it several days in a row because 90 minutes is kind of a big time commitment for an evening on a cruise ship (dinner can take hours sometimes) and running it for a few day
Royal Caribbean International to feature 90-minute truncated musical CHICAG  May 7 2010, 10:36:38 AM
I'm pretty sure there will be other shows as well. I know that the Oasis of the Seas (the current "newest" Royal Caribbean ship has versions of Hairspray and Come Fly With Me. In a typical 7 day cruise, the entertainers will do 3 different shows, usually with different themes. I worked for Jean Ann Ryan on Norwegian Cruise Lines for a long time and we had a Broadway show, a "pop" show, and Cirque-style show on each ship. We did the shows twice a night, as they were only 45 minutes long. I'
re: What Times Square Area Buildings Use To Be Theaters?  May 3 2010, 04:02:21 PM
BUMP! I'm so happy to see this thread again :) It's so fascinating!
What shows had the most costumes for you?  Mar 20 2010, 09:43:26 PM
I would have to second (or third) whoever said Singin' in the Rain. Don, Cosmo, and Lina all have CRAZY changes. The film was never intended to be a stage show, and as a consequence, they are almost never off stage! When I played Lina it wasn't just the costume changes that got me (I think I had about 9 full costumes (with accessories!) but the wig changes did me in. There was regular Lina hair, there was a back up blonde wig for the pie in the face scene (which would frequently end up full
Current Tours  Mar 5 2010, 11:34:16 PM
The Wedding Singer tour is a current (non-eq) one. It's being produced by Prather Entertainment Group (the touring branch of the Prather Family of Theatres). The one that ended in 2008 was a NETworks tour, I believe.
re: Wedding Singer spotlight videos on BWW  Aug 25 2009, 10:10:16 AM
It's a Prather Entertainment Group tour, very much in the vein of last year's Footloose. It started at the Broadway Palm in Fort Myers, Fl, and is currently playing the Dutch Apple in Lancaster, Pa before hitting the road for a year. If you go to www.pratherentertainmentgroup.com, you can find more information.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You