News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Princess MimiChica

Princess MimiChica Profile Photo
Member Name: Princess MimiChica
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

songs in movie
 Nov 6 2004, 09:07:44 PM
Are you seriouse?? Baz thinks Jonathan ripped off his idea or something? That's really sad, because Baz is such an amazing director...
re: Theatre Superstitions
 Oct 27 2004, 09:35:03 PM
about the Scottis hPlay, what my Drama teacher told us we had to do was this: Spin around three times and say "may fair thoughts and happy hours attend thee," three times. We didnt have to leave or ask permission to re-enter.

Also, before each performance, my school always got in a circle and we would yell "energy, energy, energy!" while (gently) pounding the back of the person in front of us. Is that werid? =)

re: Brooklyn some hate and some love..why?.
 Oct 27 2004, 11:56:33 AM
"Actually, yes, it does. They could whack a full 30 minutes off that show and not lose a thing."

Ok, bub, thems are fightin' words! come over HERE and say that!

re: Latebreaking RENT FILM CASTING NEWS
 Oct 26 2004, 10:22:43 AM
First of all, just because YOU keep trying to force your opinion on me, why does that mean I need "perspective"?? Yeah, *i'm* the one who needs a life ::rolls eyes::: ookay

Plum, I never said that there wasn't ANY 18 year old who could do the roles. Read my post. I said, i'd RATHER see an OBC member than an 18 year old who couldn't handle the part. There's a difference.

re: Latebreaking RENT FILM CASTING NEWS
 Oct 26 2004, 10:16:06 AM
Broadwayguy, why so much hatred and negativety?? Really, if you don't love Adam, that's fine, but obviously a lot of us adore his voice and think he's very talented, so there's no need to be rude and call him a "hack" of all things.

I actually feel bad for Columbus. No matter what he does with this movie, people will whine and complain. If he casts total unknowns, people might complain about the lack of talent and then everyone will wish he'd cast the OBC. But then the same people comp

re: PBS B'Way...the American Musical factual errors?
 Oct 23 2004, 10:49:05 PM
It was his heart. It was probably due to the fact that Jon most likely had Marfans Syndrome and was never diagnosed...
re: tick, tick...BOOM!
 Oct 22 2004, 11:30:49 AM
Up In Won, Yes, Jonathan was a great admirer of Sondheim, and that's why Sunday sounds just like Sunday In The Park w/ Geroge =)

By the way, since I haven't seen the show, I thought "Sugar" was about a prostitute too LOL but, is the song really about actual sugar, like in twinkies?? That is so randomly wonderful =)

re: Rent on the Broadway documentary
 Oct 22 2004, 08:37:16 AM
"Thankfully no Daphne Rubin-Vega"

Why in the world are you THANKFUL for that?? that comment seemed kind of uncalled for.

But WOW, it was seriosuly so emotional to see and HEAR Jonathan on tv. The man had such a great personality and was so alive...I have a cassette of Jon singing a few early versions of RENT songs, but, on tv it sounded a lot clearer and it just gave me goosebumps. No, Jonathan wasn't the best singer, but you could fee land hear how much passion he put into his

re: i need a rent partner
 Oct 19 2004, 06:35:55 PM
Welcome, Mimi! =) There's a hard-core group of us Loyal RENTheads here, but he w3arned: There are PLENTY of other people on here who love to trasdh the show for no reason =*( Don't let it get ya down though!!! I'd love t osee the show with you, I just need a plane ticket to NYC...
re: The Show was good... then came the ending...
 Oct 19 2004, 11:05:34 AM
"Mimi doesn't count. You have to have something called PERSPECTIVE and she has none when speaking about Rent."

What was that supposed to mean?

re: American Idol's 'Scooter Girl' Offered Maureen in RENT
 Oct 18 2004, 11:22:22 PM
NStar, will you marry me?? I LOVE you!!! I agree with EVBERYTHING you said 10000% and it's what i've been trying to say for a long time, but, you put it more eloquently than I =) You rock!!!
re: American Idol's 'Scooter Girl' Offered Maureen in RENT
 Oct 18 2004, 10:25:04 PM
For crying out loud...Is it really the end of the world if Nicole gets cast!?! As it's been pointed out, she was obviosuly a theatre person before she auditioned for AI, and for all we know, she could have auditioned and landed the role without having been on tv. I think she's got a really good voice and could pull the character off ,but I doubt she'll be billed and hyped as "scooter girl now in rent!"

If one more person says RENT is "dead" i'm going to shoot someone. Seriously. People

re: The Show was good... then came the ending...
 Oct 18 2004, 09:47:39 PM
Oh, Mikey, you know how much I love you!!! You are right on everything (except, I DO think RENT is the end-all, be-all show sent from the Musical Theatre gods...so there! =P lol)

Honestly, i'd be PISSED if RENT didn't end the way it does. The RENT Bible has Jonathan explaining why he has the ending the way it is, and I agree with him. The ending doesn't mean Mimi is going to live forever. She could have died the next day for all we know, because most of the actresses i've seen don't mak

re: My Little Women Review! 10/16
 Oct 17 2004, 11:04:40 AM
Oh, I can't wait to see this show!! thanks for the review =)

I didn't know John Hickok was in this!! As in, AIDA's original Zoser? for some reason it just strikes me as funny picturing Radames' evil dad trying to woo Jo March...LOL his voice just sounded so different on the clips i've heard of the songs. This is gonna be a great production!!!

Matt's leave date
 Oct 15 2004, 08:29:40 PM
aww that review made me wanna hop a plan and get to the Neder :::sniff::: It's funny, because even though Matt Caplan has done this show for so long, i've only seen him as Mark ONCE and that was back in 1999. I saw him as Roger in 2002 and then in March, Seb was on instead =)

I'm still tired of people talking about this "spark" or whatever the show is losing. Whatever, I won't waste my time arguing =) The show still kicks ass and that's all that matters! woohoo!!!

re: SHREK: The Musical is Broadway Bound -
 Oct 15 2004, 08:26:57 PM
So, are Basketcase and I the only two people on the planet who didn't go gaga for the Shrek films? I don't know if i'd call them "bad", but, I think the animation is really quite ugly (though I appreciate all the hard work that goes into that type of thing) and I laughed, but, The story really lacks any likeable characters. There's really no drama because you don't give a crap what happens to anyone. Or maybe tha twas just me?
re: 'Popular' (From Wicked) Staging
 Oct 12 2004, 07:05:03 PM
I don't understand what's so difficult about this song. Elphie sits on the bed, looking uncomfortable, and G(a)linda bounces around all happy and cute. Whats the big deal?
re: All Jonathan Larson Fans....Listen up!
 Oct 12 2004, 03:48:41 PM
OMG that is wonderful!! When will this be on tv?? is the dvd released already??
re: You Can't Take it With You
 Oct 12 2004, 11:07:52 AM
From what I remember of the film, it was ok but the play is much better! =) I played Mrs. Kirby twice in High School and it was a blast!!!!
re: Adam Pascal and Daphne Rubin-Vega at Kean University
 Oct 11 2004, 08:46:42 AM
awww tha treview made me cry!!! I am so jealous!! Ok, call me stupid, but Daph is SEVEN months pregnant!?! Wow, I knew she was thinking about having kids, but I didn't know she was almost ready to give birth!! That kid is gonna be hott =) You're so lucky!!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You