News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AnythingGoes23

Member Name: AnythingGoes23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Donna Murphy to lead as Norma Desmond in SUNSET BOULEVARD reading, a possible revival?  Nov 19 2014, 02:55:14 PM
I think this is great and ideal for Roundabout.
Motown to close January 18th, 2015  Aug 22 2014, 03:13:27 AM
I think this is a fabulous move. Broadway audiences don't need to "remember" this at all, its for tourists. London will get a good few years run+ out of this show (although possibly not at Dominion but I've heard its postponed to Summer because it wants The Adelphi)

I think the show will easily return to Broadway , probably a touring version or the London show going back - it doesn't matter set wise as the audience just want the songs - and have another successful run.

It coul

Can Can  Aug 14 2014, 04:34:51 AM
i cant see Dames happening this year now sadly
Side Show Revival WILL Play The St. James  Aug 6 2014, 07:23:36 PM
eeek, tough.

Massively enjoyed the show, but this theatre is far too big! Wish it the best of luck with everything crossed!!

Breaking News: ROCKY to Close on Broadway in August  Jul 16 2014, 02:53:53 AM
Shame and a very disappointing year for Stage Ents. Rocky should have opened in London after Germany, I think the show could really picked up more buzz in Londkn rather than Broadway.

To be honest as amazing as the last 20min was the rest of the show was ok at best, IMO. Weak score and just seemed to drag up until the fight.

Cats won't come over, if at all, unless the Palladium version in London extends and is a big hit. Cameron would also have to reinvest. He has granted 12we

Miss Saigon eyeing Broadway...  May 23 2014, 04:36:03 AM
Extensions have everything to do with it if your a hit with people buying up in advance. Through extending to end of 2015, many agents will pre purchase for peak times putting large sums of the bank. No good if your a show that nobody is buying up for but people are for this show.

Regardless it's not a ploy for headlines, the shows a success and has recouped its investment aswell as making a profit on the weekly cost to run the show. Let's take a minute to congratulate a success in the

Miss Saigon eyeing Broadway...  May 22 2014, 01:39:12 PM
The show has recouped. Agents have had notifications of extensions weeks ago so have committed to more stock and the 4.4 million that the production cost was pretty much in the bank from ticket sales before it opened. Encore Tickets, there was an article, bough £1.5 million of tickets for the first booking period and have likely prebought more along with other agents now more performances are available.

It's certainly not a sellout, the theatre is large, but Cameron is clever and has bu

ON THE TOWN sets opening night for 10/6; previews to begin 9/20  May 9 2014, 03:22:46 PM
Kristen Chenoworth as Hildy may fill the theatre but doubt that'll happen!

Hope it has at least fairly good run and wish all the best, it'll be great to see this show on a big scale

Megan Mullally To Return to Broadway In GUYS AND DOLLS?  May 1 2014, 12:54:09 PM
Keep an eye on the Chichester revival in the UK. The musical is expected to transfer to West End very quickly. If its successful I am sure producers will have Broadway in sight.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/6/14  Apr 7 2014, 04:47:50 PM
Ive a feeling Rocky may go downwards as opposed to up sadly...
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/6/14  Apr 7 2014, 04:47:49 PM
Ive a feeling Rocky may go downwards as opposed to up sadly...
Re:  Mar 12 2014, 04:06:28 AM
It rests on Heather Headley - her contract is a three year from London opening to take to Broadway first but apparently she isn't game. Her last 3 or 4 months in London were not all that happy and houses weren't great. As soon as she left and Beverly Knight joined the show it's now a sell out. That's a bitter pill to take. Plus she said the songs were very hard on her vocally.
I think the show still has an option on Marquis for the Autumn...

Foxwoods back to the Lyric; Kong out, On the Town in...  Mar 7 2014, 07:45:27 AM
stand corrected!

maybe it was this production there was a falling out with. i can't remember it fully but there was a rumour or article that did say of a falling out

Fiddler on the Roof Returning to Broadway  Mar 7 2014, 03:34:56 AM
Isn't he doing My Fair Lady too?

Patti would be great as Yenta

Foxwoods back to the Lyric; Kong out, On the Town in...  Mar 7 2014, 03:19:43 AM
I think this is a filler whilst King Kong sorts itself out. The show is heard of and know and could do alright with tourists wanting to see a typical broadway-esq show but unless it has some major star names I can't see it being a money spinner at all... But hey, be nice to see the show large scale and hopefully with full dance.

Cameron apparently fell out with Nederlanders a while back and for the last 20 or so years only goes into Schubert venue. The Oklahoma broadway revival wasn't

Lea Michele confirms Funny Girl revival (BWW headline)  Mar 4 2014, 01:19:53 AM
I think this is the only way a revival will happen of Funny Girl that could be commercially successful. She will do it well, it will be her playing Barbra but perhaps that's what the masses want and those are the ones who need to spend the money to buy tickets so I am just pleased the show can at last be revived and come back to Broadway.

I do think she needs to do it in the next year or 18months before Glee/her popularity tails off...

Why did SUNSET BOULEVARD fail?  Feb 3 2014, 09:09:09 AM
The show was never really a star vehicle for Glenn Close, if it was anyone's "star vehicle" its was Patti LuPone's.

The main problem was Andrew Lloyd Webber. It was his first big musical as producer (RUG) and he made some terrible mess ups.

The leading lady fiasco where three of them ending up suing him as they has been promised tours/LA/Broadway... The running costs were ridiculous. At one point the show was spending $700,000 a week on advertising alone making a break even imp

Revival of a Musical 2014  Jan 6 2014, 05:35:09 PM
A slim chance for on the town according to a friend attached but it's gone a bit quiet...
Palace and Marquis.....  Dec 4 2013, 02:18:15 PM
This production isn't new of On The Town as been said, the workshops happening now are dance labs with views on contracts for a broadway run aimed early Spring...
Palace and Marquis.....  Dec 3 2013, 03:19:46 AM
I'm expecting On The Town to play a limit run in one of these venues... A friend is involved with the lab workshop and says they are aiming for Feb/March next year...not long!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You