News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Color and Light

Color and Light Profile Photo
Member Name: Color and Light
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://nae_trews.livejournal.com
Blog Address: http://nae_trews.livejournal.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Patter Songs
 Dec 30 2007, 02:14:12 PM
"Putting It Together"

I've got an elephant's memory--however, for the life of me, I cannot memorize this song in its entirety. And this is from the girl who will make a happy hour out of memorizing Gilbert and Sullivan songs.

re: Favorite Sondheim Song
 Dec 30 2007, 02:09:55 PM
"Finishing the Hat"
"Now/Soon/Later"
"The Miller's Son"
"I'm Still Here"
"Johanna (Quartet)"
"Color and Light"
"Ladies Who Lunch"
"Moments in the Woods"
"I Read"
"Someone In A Tree"
"The Ballad of Guiteau"

This changes a lot, though. I must be honest.

re: Possible cameo in Sweeney movie? (Possible spoilers)
 Dec 27 2007, 05:19:14 PM
I really enjoyed Donna McKechnie's dance solo in her razor costume. That was a nice touch.
re: When will Sondheim see Sunday... George?
 Dec 27 2007, 03:55:33 AM
I think Hal Prince looks more like Santa, to be honest.
re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread
 Dec 21 2007, 03:51:34 AM
xoxRogue, I agree. That was quite unexpected, and a choice that I'm not sure that I liked. However, judging by the cries of "No!" and "Oh sh*t!" when he drags Johanna to the chair, I'm sure it came much to the relief of most of the audience.

Dec 21 2007, 03:43:27 AM
Honestly, I always thought it was quite obvious that the Beggar Woman was Sweeney's wife from the first time I listened to the OBC recording, but judging by the reactions of the obnoxious couple sitting in front of me at the movie theater, apparently it's not that way for some people. ::shrug::

ETA:
Also, as someone pointed out before, my biggest gripe with the movie centers around the way "A Little Priest" was underplayed. While I don't think the big, barking HAW HAW HAWs from

Dec 21 2007, 03:31:17 AM
"Stephen Sondheim, you have made me a CRIER."

I have to agree with this one. And they say his shows touch the head and not the heart...

"By the Sea" was wonderful, and got huge laughs out of the audience. How wonderful was the show of the two of them sitting on the porch? Tim Burton really did do quite a wonderful job with that song, which really did seem quite unfilmable before.

And while I missed the ballads (though the reality is they wouldn't have worke

Dec 21 2007, 03:23:38 AM
In spite of the fact that it was far from "perfect", I enjoyed this film immensely. As someone who adores Sweeney Todd in a manner that borders on being creepy, I was amazed at how certain parts of the movie had me on my toes as if I was completely unfamiliar with the show.

I quite loved Helena Bonham Carter's Mrs. Lovett, particularly during "Not While I'm Around"--the thinking that you can see in her eyes was so incredibly creepy and heartbreaking. She really made the character path

re: In Real Life I am a...
 Dec 4 2007, 09:13:25 AM
An Art History major with minors in French and English. I am well aware that I am not going to have a job out of school, but it's "what I did for love". I'm also the publicity coord for the university's student-run theater group, and I just finished directing our production of Company. Let me tell you ....

re: ST Official site is up and FULL of music
 Nov 28 2007, 04:05:58 PM
I guess it need not be said, but Jonathan Tunick's orchestrations are so lovely that it almost hurts.
re: Emmy Rossum Releases new single
 Oct 31 2007, 10:44:46 PM
Sounds like a throw-away Imogen Heap song, only completely lobotomized. Beautiful girl and all (I'd kill to get my curly hair to lie like her's), but I'll pass.

re: Sweeney Todd Poster Happiness
 Oct 31 2007, 01:49:07 PM
They're all over my campus as well ... it's a little surreal, to be honest!
re: Cumpsty, Gemginani, Peil and more round out SUNDAY Cast
 Oct 30 2007, 09:41:11 PM
I cannot even begin to express my excitement!

re: A LIttle Night Muisc
 Oct 30 2007, 02:45:45 PM
What are yo talking about? It just closed last week, and it was amazing! Idina Menzel was the best Desiree ever! How could you possibly forget?!
re: Harry Potter: the Musical!
 Jul 22 2007, 04:17:23 PM
As long as Hermione gets her humorous, but touching love ballad titled "Honestly, Ron!", then I'm there! In my head, it plays out like "Do You Love Me?" from Fiddler on the Roof. The final battle at Hogwarts must be like the rumble from West Side Story ... and Lupin must have an "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables"-type song.

Buah!

re: Ideas for new musicals - based on plays or books
 May 8 2007, 01:15:50 AM
Has there ever been a musical version of The Great Gatsby? I can't recall one ever making it to Broadway, and I think it could be potentially interesting! Perhaps with LaChiusa behind the score.

Shel Silverstein's poems also have tremendous potential as musical material if you could find a good way to link them together. Sounds like it could be a blast, as long as the conceit behind it was strong enough.

I also recently read Colm Toibin's The Blackwater Lightship and think

re: Rate the musical above you.
 May 7 2007, 11:12:25 PM
I feel biased, I was just involved in a very fun production of Seussical ...

6.5. The music doesn't get enough credit, even if the book is ass-crazy.

Steel Pier

May 7 2007, 11:08:39 PM

Promises, Promises

May 7 2007, 11:05:08 PM

My Fair Lady

re: Worst Broadway Song Ever
 May 7 2007, 10:58:05 PM
I can't believe "Send In the Clowns" and "Litte Lamb" (which does sort of bring the show to a halt, but is far from terrible) get listed when there are songs like "Murder, Murder" and "I Love to Cry at Weddings" (and I like Sweet Charity) are out there.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You