News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for breebranker

breebranker Profile Photo
Member Name: breebranker
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shows opening in 2008
 Apr 12 2007, 08:08:16 PM
the band wagon
re: Best Openings of Musicals
 Apr 12 2007, 07:52:28 PM
will rogers follies... maybe that's staging trickery since the opening is like a show itself.

west side story

ragtime

re: Phoenix Entertainment
 Jan 30 2007, 05:02:22 PM
i've worked for phoenix, and while i can't say how they do it with all their shows, for will rogers follies we did the original production with original props and costumes and bought the rights to things such as logo, etc.

now they do have some ties to broadway, they bought the rights to the broadway revival of grease forever ago, and are completely part of the 'you're the one that i want' tv show. but that's it.

i was at chelsea for dirty dancing and while that too was a zoo

re: Who Else Has This Problem....
 Jun 22 2006, 12:25:20 PM
Gotta love being a dancer who sings -

It just seems a bit more fair, being able to watch everyone else audition in their strong suit. Usually you can tell why certain people get called back to sing- and from there, if you're a halfway decent singer, you're usually okay.

But I do agree, I've had a fantastic audition for something I could care less about in the morning, and then suck in something I really wanted in the afternoon! What's that about, audition gods?

re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
 Jun 22 2006, 12:21:28 PM
I saw an evening performance, on a Wednesday I believe and the entire cast was in. Then again, it was previews..
re: Sutton in Drowsy???
 Jun 22 2006, 12:08:08 PM
Just a little insight on canned tracks- I know for a fact that several shows, on Broadway and touring use them. It's not that the actors on stage aren't singing, but for certain effects of a full chorus after a cardio production number and things like that, canned tracks are used.

Now to be fair, the broadway show I know for sure that used them was about 15 years ago now, so this might not be the case any longer. Just a tid bit!

re: If You Could Dine With Any Broadway Star, Who Would You Pick?
 Apr 3 2006, 07:46:22 PM
Can I just say, Carol Channing?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You