pixeltracker

Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?

Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?

JarNerdAV Profile Photo
JarNerdAV
#0Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:48am

In 2003 I saw Millie at a matinee and she was out. In 2005, I saw Little Women at a matinee and she was out. This year I have tickets to a matinee of Drowsy in November. Will I be Sutton Out of Luck then too? Is this a habit for her?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#1re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:51am

The chances of her NOT being their are really low. But you won't know for sure til in your in your seats before seeing the show.

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#2re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:52am

I don't know how many performances she's missed, etc., but I've gone to four matinees, seven performances total and she hasn't been out for any of them. So maybe you should come with me! I have good Sutton Luck!

Nah, just kidding. I think you'll be fine?

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#3re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:54am

It is a valid question though.
Pay attention to this board...if she develops any kind of a pattern for being out at matinees, i'm sure you'll hear about it. So far, her attendance has been stellar at Drowsy. Also remember that her role in Drowsy is less demanding than her roles in Millie and Little Women, so she is less likely to need extended time off.
I hope you get to see her. She's fabulous, and in my opinion, the best thing about the show.
=)

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

apdarcey
#4re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 11:02am

i saw a matinee and she was there.

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#5re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 11:03am

I'm seeing it tomorrow evening.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#6re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 11:05am

I don't believe Sutton has missed a show yet, but she has a two week scheduled leave (for her wedding and honeymoon) in September.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/22/06 at 11:05 AM

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#7re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 11:08am

What about the rest of the cast? How is their attendance?

And does anyone know the exact dates for Sutton's break?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#8re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 11:09am

I saw a matinee and she was there as well...but it was literally the second or third preview.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#9re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 12:15pm

Edward Hibbert (Underling) said last night that he would be out of the show in July and August but would be returning, I'm assuming, he will return sometime in September. Sutton has been at the 3 performances I've seen though all were evening shows. The only one out last night was "Trix."

If Sutton is taking time off from the show for the wedding/honeymoon, it won't be in August. Her wedding to Christian isn't until September, so if you are looking for dates to avoid, I'd be concerned with Sept. days. Might check with the box office.

Playbill.com

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)
Updated On: 6/22/06 at 12:15 PM

breebranker Profile Photo
breebranker
#10re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 12:21pm

I saw an evening performance, on a Wednesday I believe and the entire cast was in. Then again, it was previews..

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#11re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 12:40pm

I'd guess that Edward Hibbert would come back to Drowsy sometime in late September as Curtains is scheduled to run until Sept 10. He'd probably then stay with Drowsy until Curtains makes a transfer to Broadway(if it does).

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#12re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 1:01pm

When is she exactly goin to be out for her honeymoon/wedding??

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:07pm

Maybe you just had bad luck the times you went. I saw her in a matinee of Millie 3 years ago and she was there.

I miss the Millie days re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

JackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
JackiesBroJoe
#14re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:09pm

where is Kecia Lewis? She's been out of the show for about 2 weeks now. (Trix the Avatrix)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#15re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:12pm

Maybe she's on vacation or had a family emergency?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#16re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:51pm

I always try to see shows right around Tony time. In the past 2 years, I have seen all of the leading actors/actresses in each show I have seen. (Matinee and evening shows). I saw Sutton on the evening of June 9th.

Just give the world Love.

Hank
#17re: Does Sutton Foster usually miss matinees?
Posted: 6/22/06 at 8:29pm

Jarnerdav, sorry to hear that, just bad luck I guess, hope you finally get your chance to see this legend in the making.
I got to see her 6 times as Millie, including her final performance (a Sunday mat). Also once in Little Women, and 2X (so far) in Drowsy, and in concert at Lincoln Center's American Songfest. She had to cancel a 2 week gig at Feinstein's because of Drowsy rehearsals in March, hopefully we'll get another chance to see her do caberet after her Drowsy run.

Videos