News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CaroleeFan

CaroleeFan Profile Photo
Member Name: CaroleeFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: LaChiusa's House of Bernard Alba with Daphne Rubin-Vega?
 Nov 22 2005, 11:56:55 AM
Sally Murphy is one of the most underrated performers around. Can't wait to see her in this.
re: 'Promoting Promiscuity'
 Nov 21 2005, 10:18:41 AM
Depicting and promoting are two different things. Tell your Mom to use a dictionary and lighten up.
re: Maria Friedman Interview on NBC News Thursday
 Nov 17 2005, 02:08:38 PM
I can't find the video on that link.
re: Emcee on the RENT movie
 Nov 13 2005, 01:15:50 PM
That was amazing Em. Thanks for composing that.
re: Was Stephanie Offered Wicked on Broadway?
 Nov 13 2005, 10:56:09 AM
Block was the understudy not the standby. SHe was in the ensemble of Wicked in San Fran, and in order to be a standby, you can't actually be IN the show. Here is the full WIcked San Fran cast:

re: $111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
 Nov 12 2005, 03:55:19 PM
Does Roundabout give discounts often?
Most Disappointing Show You've Ever Seen
 Nov 12 2005, 02:44:37 PM
So what show did you wait for, obsess about, get ultra excited, and then see it, and hate it or feel completely underwhelmed?

For me: Dessa Rose. So much potential, but I nearly fell asleep from boredom.

Nov 12 2005, 02:13:48 PM
No Row E is fine, but usually when I'm by myself I can find at least one ticket in row A for that week. I also have bad eye sight problems, so the closer the better for me.

Nov 12 2005, 01:58:25 PM
I'm going solo so I haven't had much of a problem, but even for March, I can't find anything closer than row E for Color Purple.
$111.00 for Pajama Game?!?!
 Nov 12 2005, 01:44:36 PM
So I'm getting my tix for my NYC trip and Roundabout is charging $111.00 for tix to Pajama Game. Last week when I looked at these tix they were 100.00. Are all the shows intending to raise prices this high?
re: Dreamgirls: Sharon Leal 'unofficially' announced as Michelle
 Nov 12 2005, 01:22:48 PM
I just hope that Rubin-Vega rumor is false. I love her, but she's all wrong for Michelle.
re: REEFER MADNESS dvd question!!
 Nov 12 2005, 12:39:21 PM
Perhaps they want you to feel like a real stoner when you watch the movie. Chocolate and reefer are great friends.
re: Maid of the Mist from Full Monty
 Nov 12 2005, 12:35:50 PM
I keep listening to this song over and over. I think it would have fit great in the show.
re: That silly little boat that floated across the stage in TITANIC
 Nov 12 2005, 12:33:00 PM
Didn't Showboat have a mini-boat too? When I saw the show, it got a round of applause and a group AWWWWWWWWWWWW.
re: Most Awkward Moment You've Ever Witnessed Onstage?
 Nov 12 2005, 12:08:26 PM
At a drama competition several years back, a girl used a scene from Miracle Worker, where they run around and shake each other. There was no dialogue except "B-A-D. BAD!", and then she did a monologue she wrote herself about Henry the 8th or something like that. The entire audience looked so uncomfortable.
re: BWW Video Show Previews Now Serving Sweeney Todd!
 Nov 12 2005, 12:06:02 PM
That video gives me chills everytime I see it. Can't wait to see this in March.
re: That silly little boat that floated across the stage in TITANIC
 Nov 12 2005, 12:02:09 PM
BWAAAAAAAAAAAH! That's funny. I'll have to watch this and see how much someone pays for model boat. Hehe.
re: Maria Friedman's Brave Return Onstage
 Nov 12 2005, 11:57:09 AM
What a trooper. She has a lot to show some of these other ladies who keep missing shows from "colds".
re: Frank Wildhorn: A Discussion
 Nov 12 2005, 11:49:34 AM
I've heard bits of most of his shows. For me, I feel he sits down and says: "I'm going to mainstream this genre of music for the theatre". His work to me seems to lack the spontaneity that makes a good musical. I never feel like the book/music match up. His songs, at least for me, tend to stop the action rather than progress it. I guess contrived is the right word. I never listen to his music, and think: “Oh God this is crap!” but I’m just never moved by it. Maybe serviceable is more appropriate
re: Lestat Song Clips (lestatmusical.com)
 Nov 12 2005, 11:25:27 AM
If they wrote the score in the true style of that era, we would all likely fall asleep in the first 10 minutes. I think that those songs capture the essence of that style, without fully copying it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You