News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Schmack

Schmack Profile Photo
Member Name: Schmack
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Anyone see any Bway stars perform before they 'made it'...?
 Jun 28 2008, 09:57:05 AM
Raul Esparza in the national tour of "Evita" as Che. Natalie Toro also played Eva in that production, and the year previous I saw her in the "Cats" tour as Grizabella. I think she is about to become pretty well known.
re: My Simple Christmas Wish
 Feb 5 2007, 11:05:42 PM
The song is written by David Friedman and the sheet music is available on a website affiliated with him. Just Google his name or "David Friedman + Sheet Music" and you should find a website where it's available. I ordered it about two or three years ago...it comes in a single folio for the one song and I remember it being pretty cheap.
re: Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
 Aug 1 2005, 08:21:09 AM
This is a little sad. I just saw the show last night and thought David Josefsberg was definately one of the most if not strongest performer in the show. He sang great, was very funny, and was very nice to my friends and family and I after the show...he walked out of the building with us and signed our programs and small talked with us until we split ways at different streets.

We also met the actor who played Mark last night, but I am not sure of his name because I am pretty sure I saw

re: Broadway stars that graduated from your High School?
 Jun 2 2005, 02:21:20 AM
Sara Gettlefinger.

I met her three years ago during my winter break. I saw her perform a cabaret show of her favorite songs (showtunes & not) and it was very good. Right after 'The Boys From Syracuse' closed and I believe she was already cast in 'Nine' when she was home for the holidays before starting rehearsals. She was very sweet to me (I had friends who knew her right when she starting getting Broadway work) and I can't wait to see her in 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels."

Barbra Streisand Concert
 May 26 2005, 03:20:59 PM
I have to choreograph a number for a Barbra Streisand impersonator and I am having trouble finding music to use. She needs the four boy dancers to fill while she changes costumes. I'm not sure what the song prior to this would be, but the dance number leads into her singing "Second Hand Rose" from FUNNY GIRL. Since there are no heavy dance numbers featuring only males from the show, we are looking for some sort of Ziegfield-ish, possibly top hat and cane number sounding like it was from that era
re: Footloose
 Apr 24 2005, 10:35:56 PM
if the choreography and singing voices are spectacular it will be very enjoyable. if not, you might be miserable.

i enjoy the story and think the book works fine, but others seem to not agree. i have really enjoyed the show both times i have seen it (national tour {with Joe Machota as Ren = HOTT} and a local dinner theatre production).

re: I Hate Wayne Cilento.
 Apr 24 2005, 11:23:27 AM
The choreography from "AIDA" has quite a few dances where it seems like he said "Okay, Ensemble...run around a few times and then do any type of leap or jump that you want and then fall to the floor and run around and then scream and go touch Aida." Highly disappointing.

And "SWEET CHARITY" should never be done without the original Fosse choreography.

But, if you watch those Broadway dvd's from PBS with the bonus feature of the "Making Of WICKED" extra segment, it shows a numbe

re: Millie- Great show!
 Apr 21 2005, 11:37:57 AM
Yeah I saw the tour last month and I really wasn't impressed. I love the cast recording and maybe my expectations were too high, but it left me a little disappointed.

The choreography was amazing. Probably some of the best I've seen, right behind that of "Forty-Second Street." The costumes were also very clever, and with the exception of the boy who played Jimmy the cast was very outstanding.

But as a whole, I just didn't appreciate the show itself.

re: Teri Hatcher in CABARET?
 Apr 21 2005, 11:23:24 AM
does anyone have pictures of Teri Hatcher or Norbert Leo Butz in their respective roles from this leg of the tour?
re: Yet another Chenoweth movie in the works...
 Apr 21 2005, 11:17:48 AM
I don't think she can do her own singing. In biopics about recording and singing artists they usually use the originals done by those artists. IE - Angela Basset in "What's Love Got To Do With It" lip-synching to Tina Turner's voice.

But I would really enjoy hearing Kristin sing "Son of a Preacher Man." If Linda Eder can do it, they all can.

re: Nine Revival
 Apr 12 2005, 03:38:18 PM
what was "the weeping wall?" i read it in another post and had no idea what it was talking about or how they used it in the show.
re: Infinite Joys Question
 Mar 20 2005, 01:35:19 AM
It was cut from "A New Brain." I do not know if the sheet music is available for purchase. I believe the song is in "Elegies" also possibly but I am not for sure.
re: Kristen Chenoweth's new album?
 Jan 17 2005, 06:34:50 PM
The master class was at CCM. She gave a concert last night and a master class today. I wasn't there, but I had many friends who were. I was sad to have missed it - everyone I've talked to said she was amazing.
re: Aida auditions
 Jan 15 2005, 04:58:30 PM
you are a huge Aida?

what does that mean?

re: They Killed it
 Dec 23 2004, 07:18:48 PM
Don't be fooled by what NameInLights is saying...I, as well, go to a peforming arts school and the kids that go there are pretty bad. There are some exceptions, but for the most part, it's really depressing. You would expect alot more.

Not as bad as the kid performers, but the adult designers are always lacking giving us quality sets to work with. You would think, being a major "performing arts school" we would have a budget and resources to maintain somewhat of a higher standard, but h

re: Glass Menagerie
 Dec 23 2004, 07:11:36 PM
I just saw a production of it at the Actors Theatre of Louisville. It was very well done, it was a very impressive staging of the piece. It was done in a black space with no wings or masking and everything was exposed and the actors moved all the set and would walk to prop tables on the sides of the space whenever they needed anything. There was also a large screen in the back and they had tons of projections and photos that they showed to represent what was going on and some of the important te
re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
 Dec 23 2004, 06:26:34 PM
Just finished:

Evita (Ensemble, Military - i had a solo in "A New Argentina.")

Sweet Charity (Frug Soloist, Manfred, Daddy Acolyte)

Upcoming:

Tom in Big River (March.)

I just found out last week that my high school is workshopping a world premiere of a musical my teachers wrote and I got the lead, which is exciting. It's about female pirates - we shall see how that goes! (March.)

re: Name a Way that Your Favorite Performer Can Improve
 Dec 23 2004, 12:17:53 AM
Idinia Menzel could learn some proper breathing techniques. Everytime I've heard her sing "Defying Gravity" she is gasping for breathe from the very beginning of the song - if she would calm down and breathe in through her nose to her diaphragm instead of gasping and putting it into her chest she might actually have more control over what she's doing, and she would be able to generally be more secure with all her wailing at the end. Not that it's never not good, but sometimes it's pretty shaky a
re: Green Elixer Question
 Dec 18 2004, 01:30:38 PM
That scene in the show is perfect! That it's the Wizard's voice that sings that and then presumably Elphaba's real father is the actual Wizard...Mr. Maguire and the adaptors are so smart!
re: Carols for a Cure 6
 Dec 7 2004, 04:49:21 PM
I really enjoy "Up on the Housetop" and "Hello Christmas." I really like the original songs they have included on these CDs. But I think last year's edition was the best one to date.

"Good King Wenceslas" is pretty funny...kinda reminds me of "Waiting for Guffman."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You