pixeltracker

For all you performers, what are you working on right now?

For all you performers, what are you working on right now?

truffleshuffle Profile Photo
truffleshuffle
#0For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/22/04 at 11:23pm

This topic is in response to the "what have you written lately" thread. I guess I just felt left out. So how about it? I know there have got to be quite a few performers posting here. Lets have it!! What are you working on now? Or what did you just finish? Or what are you about to do? There. That should cover all the basis. I'll start us off easy. I'm finishing up a run of Seussical, The Musical, as Horton, at the Fulton Opera House, in Lancaster, PA. Peace.

When dame fortune tosses me a curve, I never give away to despair, I hang on with every little nerve, trying to keep my balance as I dangle in air.

Actinggbugg474
#1re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/22/04 at 11:32pm

I'm performing as Snoopy in the revised edition of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown with my high school in Georgia. It's definitely one of the more challenging roles i've played.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#2re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/22/04 at 11:33pm

I'm Ali Hakim in Oklahoma, which opens in January and runs to February. If you're in the DC area, and you want to come, PM me for details! re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#3re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/22/04 at 11:33pm

Hello Dolly
I'm Dolly re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#4re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/22/04 at 11:38pm

direction/costume and scenic design/acting- Chicago as billy flynn

scenic- into the woods

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

iheartmark
#5re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/22/04 at 11:49pm

Friends and I writing a script, was just in productions of Man of La Mancha (understudy to the housekeeper, I got to go on once, yaaay) and Les Mis School Edition (Girl Number One ^^)

"Kali, why is Roger on a cliff?" "Because the cliff is love, Rachel." "Oh."

AnothaPartofMe
#6re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/22/04 at 11:53pm

Prepping for dinner theatre runs of GREASE, BLOOD BROTHERS and JOSEPH... .

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

marincrazy11 Profile Photo
marincrazy11
#7re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/22/04 at 11:58pm

I'm working on my universities production of "The Mikado." I'm in the chorus. And I have auditions in March for Seussical.

"Did you know that if you take the first two vowels in Olive and rearrange them it spells I-Love?"-Spelling Bee "It's night like this that hotel bars were specifically made." Light In The Piazza

Belle-arina Profile Photo
Belle-arina
#8re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 10:02am

I will be playing Rapunzel in my college's production of Into the Woods. But we haven't even started yet.

"No thoughts within her head, but thoughts of joy.....no dreams within her heart but dreams of love."

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#9re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 10:25am

Three expense reports for my bosses.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

StraightDave
#10re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 10:36am

I just got cast in Dame Yankees as baseball player number 2 and one of the couples at one of our local theatre groups here in Otawa. :)

futurebroadwaystar1 Profile Photo
futurebroadwaystar1
#11re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 12:23pm

I'm currently playing Sally Brown in "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown".

"With only so much time to spend, don't want to waste the time I'm given!" ~Tick Tick Boom

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#12re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 12:32pm

AnothaPartofMe: I'm jealous! I wish I were doing BLOOD BROTHERS again, I miss it so much, it's amazing.

Anyway.

I'm doing nothing now but relaxing. I musically directed a production of TELL ME ON A SUNDAY in the city in September, and may musically direct short off-Broadway revivals of HAIR and TICK TICK BOOM later this spring. HAIR is more likely- it's already been cast.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BwayTheatre11
#13re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 12:39pm

Lighting technician for a production of Ain't Misbehavin'. We begin previews on Jan. 12, open Jan. 14 and close Feb. 5.

CCM '10!

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#14re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 12:45pm

i have been just cast as maurice in beauty and the beast, at my high schol, rehersals begin the 3rd, and i just recently wrapped babes in toyland(alan) and rumors(ken gorman)

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

show2n2 Profile Photo
show2n2
#15re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 12:47pm

One never knows, do one......... :)

Love Ain't misbehavin'

Have a gr8 run.

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#16re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 12:48pm

I've just starting rehearsals for TARTUFFE. I'm playing Cleante.

- Eric

BwayTheatre11
#17re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 12:51pm

Thank you. I have yet to see the cast perform, but I have seen some of them throughout the theatre and they sure do look like they can sing!

CCM '10!

show2n2 Profile Photo
show2n2
#18re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 12:55pm

Bdwaytheatre.....Where's it Playing? Updated On: 12/23/04 at 12:55 PM

Necromancer07707 Profile Photo
Necromancer07707
#19re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 1:03pm

If you count high schoolers...

I finished up THE WIZARD OF OZ(a very twisted version) as the Lion at the end of November. Since then I've been preparing for college auditions and working on quite a few pieces. By the end of break I will have all of my **** together for college and scholarship auditions and I'll begin my preparation for auditioning for the part of Sweeney Todd in, you guessed it, SWEENEY TODD.

"I am ready to disclaim my opinion, even of yesterday, even of 10 minutes ago, because all opinions are relative. One lives in a field of influences, one is influenced by everyone one meets, everything is an exchange of influences, all opinions are derivative. Once you deal a new deck of cards, you've got a new deck of cards." — Peter Brook

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#20re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 1:07pm

I'm playing 'Eddie' in Sam Shepard's "Fool for Love". The play is coming back to Broadway next year.

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#21re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 1:13pm

I am co-directing and starring in How to Succeed.
http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=645540&boardname=off&dt=122304011223

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

wicked4good2 Profile Photo
wicked4good2
#22re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 1:13pm

i just got cast as sister leo, in our school production of nunsense.

"It is a curious thought, but it's only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them."

maybethistime
#23re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 1:46pm

Just finished Drake in Honk!
Working on Curly in Oklahoma

WindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
#24re: For all you performers, what are you working on right now?
Posted: 12/23/04 at 1:56pm

Just finished a three production run this year in Chicago:

A Dublin Bloom, Irish Repertory Theatre
Equus, The Hypocrites Theatre
Terra Nova, Backstage Theatre

I have a few auditions coming up...but don't plan on seriously workinging on anything until maybe March.

In the meanwhile....singing lessons and stage combat work.

Videos