Altar Boyz: New Cast Member

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#0Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
Posted: 7/29/05 at 8:42pm

Dennis Moench is going to be the next "Abraham" in Altar Boyz starting in September when my favorite original Altar Boy, David Josefsberg leaves the cast to do a new musical, Slut. Check out Dennis's website at http://dennismoench.com !

Updated On: 7/29/05 at 08:42 PM

i*heart*fame
#1re: Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
Posted: 7/29/05 at 9:19pm

Yeah Dennis, I announced this on the boyz official forum. Dennis is amazing and I know that he will be superb!

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

LesMizazz Profile Photo
LesMizazz
#2re: Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
Posted: 7/29/05 at 9:36pm

Oh that's so exciting! I loved Dennis in Fame! I can't really see him with Abraham's cockiness though...but I'm sure he can pull it off!

"And suddenly I'm flying flying like a bird, like electricity, electricity, sparks inside of me, and I'm free, I'm free" -Billy Elliot

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#3re: Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
Posted: 7/30/05 at 12:45am

Dennis is a cutie. That's all I really have to go on, since his Media links aren't working for me.

This is gonna sound weird, but he is one of those people that LOOKS really nice. IDK

He also reminds me of Josh Groban in the slightest way.

BarrettBean
#4re: Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
Posted: 8/1/05 at 8:01am

I think Altar Boyz is one of those shows that can stand cast changes. I saw it a couple of weeks ago with the new Mark and Luke, and they did a fantastic job, and the rest of the guys made sure they were part of the team.

I liked the CD, but now that I've seen the show, I really love it. I got front row (side) tickets at TKTS and high-fived Mark and Luke at the end :)

My mini-review: http://dramastream.blogposse.com/2005/08/01/alter-boyz/

Schmack Profile Photo
Schmack
#5re: Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
Posted: 8/1/05 at 8:21am

This is a little sad. I just saw the show last night and thought David Josefsberg was definately one of the most if not strongest performer in the show. He sang great, was very funny, and was very nice to my friends and family and I after the show...he walked out of the building with us and signed our programs and small talked with us until we split ways at different streets.

We also met the actor who played Mark last night, but I am not sure of his name because I am pretty sure I saw a sign in the lobby saying the understudy was on but there was no announcement in the program so I may be mistaken. He was very nice as well to my friend and I and signed for us and talked to us for a few minutes until he had to leave to go paint his apartment.

I am so glad I went to see this show. We went to TKTS around 4:30 yesterday afternoon and it was the only show my whole family was remotely interested in. We sat in row P on the right side of the house (last row of the theatre) but that didn't matter because the show was so smart and so funny and the entire cast had so much charisma and personality that it would have easily translated out into a much larger house. Congratulations to them for a job well done! I hope the show continues to be a success.

"Johnny cheated. Frankie killed him. Johnny cheated so Frankie killed him. Shot and killed him. Don't blame her - I'd have done it, too."

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#6re: Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
Posted: 8/1/05 at 9:50am

Dennis should be great! Looking forward to seeing him!

BarrettBean, you didn't see a new Luke (Andy Karl is still with the show). You probably saw his AMAZING standby, Kevin Kern.

ETA: The new Mark is Danny Calvert

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!
Updated On: 8/1/05 at 09:50 AM

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#7re: Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
Posted: 8/1/05 at 11:59am

I'm seeing this on Sunday and I'm so excited! re: Altar Boyz:  New Cast Member A friend of mine loves Andy, so I'm anxious to see him; I saw Danny several times when I saw the last touring cast of RENT, and Scott (Matthew) is from Omaha, NE - which is where I live! So I want to try and meet him, too... though I hear he gets out of there ASAP.

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#8re: Altar Boyz: New Cast Member
Posted: 8/1/05 at 4:02pm

Scott sort of has that reputation because he lives right around the corner from the theater so i'm sure food, tv, friends, girlfriend, and his bed probably call to him much louder than the other guys. re: Altar Boyz:  New Cast Member but i find recently he has always stayed to say friendly hellos. he is always very gracious with the fans.

schmack i'm so glad you loved David!!!! ahhhh!!! lol he's my favorite and like you said, such a friendly post-show personality. i don't know how i will adjust to him leaving...also, Danny Calvert (the new Mark) is not an understudy but they are waiting for Luke and Abraham to switch cast members before revamping the playbill. i think since they still have the old playbills (poor ushers for putting in all those inserts!) they decided to put up that "understudies" board in the lobby.

thesp, which show are you going to mat or eve? have a fun time!! i think Ryan Duncan returns that day from vacation.

Updated On: 8/1/05 at 04:02 PM

Videos